Geroy the Difference

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

There were many times when the ball either fell short or sail over him and something inside of me thought this could be a long night for Geroy Simon, but as I watched I saw a persistence and his patience pay off.

When he is a leader you can see it in his eyes. When he steps up and take the throttle it is a wonder to behold. You could see where he was the difference last night finding his confidence in Jarious.

He is no longer fearful or unconfident that his contributions will make no difference in the ball game. He is now so much more and on the same page with Jackson, and in that confidence is so richly deserved by the one who can truly add to Simon’s legend.

Jarious is like a super clay yet unformed and unbound by conventional standard, but it is Geroy who sees the potential in this pivot, and in a great sense it is Simon who holds the key to his success, and only now Geroy is beginning to understand this great and wonderful power he holds on the man.

There truly is a magic at work here!
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

Superman is back :)
2012 Season Ticket Holder
ziggy
Legend

Dan_Payne_fan!! wrote:Superman is back :)
:whs:
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Early in the game, after Simon dropped what should have been a catch, the TSN guy ( think it was Suiter) said that Simon is likely to have an exceptional game as make up for the dropped ball and he was right.
David
Team Captain

Geroy should break Jim Young's longstanding record for receiving yards on Friday, as he's only 3 yards away. I sure hope Jim is on hand and there is some recognition of this feat. It would be a nice touch if they stopped the game and Jim presented Geroy with the ball. :beauty:

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

David wrote:Geroy should break Jim Young's longstanding record for receiving yards on Friday, as he's only 3 yards away. I sure hope Jim is on hand and there is some recognition of this feat. It would be a nice touch if they stopped the game and Jim presented Geroy with the ball. :beauty:

DH 8)
I think that would be a touch I'd like David.

"Dirty Thirty" handing the game ball to G.

A sort of passing the torch. :beauty:
Disturber
Champion

:rockin: Geroy is the MAN
Go Lions!
SammyGreene
Team Captain

David wrote:Geroy should break Jim Young's longstanding record for receiving yards on Friday, as he's only 3 yards away. I sure hope Jim is on hand and there is some recognition of this feat. It would be a nice touch if they stopped the game and Jim presented Geroy with the ball. :beauty:

DH 8)

Geroy is also one TD away from tying "Dirty 30" for the career lead in that category as well. I'm actually glad neither record fell last Friday as the feats certainly would have been overshadowed.

Hopefully the Lions will do something to honour at least the receiving record for a player who has performed at an extremely high level for the past six seasons.

Here's a great photo of Geroy and his daughter in today's Province during the Bob Ackles ceremony.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

what a great picture! :s:
2012 Season Ticket Holder
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

SammyGreene wrote:

DH 8)

Geroy is also one TD away from tying "Dirty 30" for the career lead in that category as well. I'm actually glad neither record fell last Friday as the feats certainly would have been overshadowed.

Hopefully the Lions will do something to honour at least the receiving record for a player who has performed at an extremely high level for the past six seasons.

Here's a great photo of Geroy and his daughter in today's Province during the Bob Ackles ceremony.
Thanks so very much for this Sammy. :s:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

Disturber wrote::rockin: Geroy is the MAN
He is indeed, but Dirty 30 will always be the man to me. He could also defy time. I have old programs where Jim's age was listed as 29 for three seasons in a row.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

In the mid 60's, when Jim Young was with the Vikings, in the off season he was a substitute teacher at Westdale High School in Hamilton. When he crossed his arms (which bulged his biceps) and he said, " There will be no going to lockers, no going to the washroom and no talking", the class went silent and he got everyone's attention. He turned out to be a great guy and he let us ask questions about football and his experiences in the NFL. He also had a Marine-like brush cut and looked completely different than when he played with the Lions.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Nobody could throw a forearm shiver like Dirty 30. Just ask Grady Cavness when he played for Winnipeg.