To the Lions...

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

NotEZBeingGreen

great win for the team, but most importantly, huge congratulations to the ENTIRE Lions organization for a very great and touching tribute to bob ackles. I wasn't around to live ackles early years and, quite honestly, I knew little of his past history with the Lions. I knew of his contributions to both the Lions and CFL, in general, from the past 6 years, but his history I learned only from being on these fan sites. Regardless of that, I was deeply touched by the ceremony the Lions organization put on tonight. I was in tears more than once. It is so easy as fans to get lost in the ups and downs of our teams that we sometimes forget/ignore that the people in each organization, from the top down to the players, can be, and in most cases probably are, as much or more invested in the success of not only their respective teams, but the league. We see and judge from the outside, they live and play from inside.

I don't need to have witnessed it personally to know that Bob Ackles exemplified what we, as fans, want our league to be about. Our league isn't like the NFL where money is what counts. Heart and soul matters in the CFL and the BC Lions benefitted from having one of the greatest examples around. Congratulations to the organization for beautifully honoring the great example that was set for you.
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

Thanks for your great post. This right here is one of the best things about the CFL, where rival fans can still respect eachother and share a story or a beer with before/after the game.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

It was indeed an emotional tribute. There were alot of wet eyes in the stadium.
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

i made it till wally started talking and then i broke down. god what a great night!
2012 Season Ticket Holder
David
Team Captain

Thank you, NotEZBeingGreen. That was a very nice post. I can tell you that to be among 18,000 - 20,000 football fans standing and cheering while a spotlight shined on an emotional Ackles family in their private suite, was heart-wrenching to say the very least.

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

While Wally is usually not the best at speaking to the press, I thought his speech was the best of the evening and a fitting close to the ceremonies.