Murph heads back to Florida

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

David
Team Captain

Congratulations to Rob and his wife. She gave birth to triplets last night, so Rob has now officially been excused by the team to fly back to Florida to be with his wife. According to Rick Quinton of CKNW, he will miss two or more weeks. Big Walter Stith has been working on and off with the first team at left tackle this week in case he was pressed into service.

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Big Time
Champion

Any word on the tale of the tape? I.e. gender, names and weight?
Rammer
Team Captain

Congratulations to the Murphy Family, and an instantly large one at that. We will find out what Stith can do as he faces a club that generally gives us nightmares with their rush.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Big Time
Champion

I forgot to add my hearty congratulations to the Murphy family. Three kids all at once! And here I thought it was difficult with one two year old running around my house!
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

If memory serves me, I heard that it was 2 boys and a girl. Congrats, Daddy Murph! :yahoo: :yahoo:
Real women wear orange!!
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

CatsEyes wrote:If memory serves me, I heard that it was 2 boys and a girl. Congrats, Daddy Murph! :yahoo: :yahoo:
Rick Ball is saying that they named one of the boys Grey.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

Congrats Murph56!
2012 Season Ticket Holder
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Maybe he'll named the other boy Canada since he was born on Canada Day :wink:
lion24
Legend

Congrats to the Murphy family!!!! :wave: It is tough as a fan to lose the player but I would hope everybody would understand and even the crazed fan in me knows what the priorities in life are :thup:
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
Zarquon
Champion

sj-roc wrote:
CatsEyes wrote:If memory serves me, I heard that it was 2 boys and a girl. Congrats, Daddy Murph! :yahoo: :yahoo:
Rick Ball is saying that they named one of the boys Grey.
To bad the other boy's name wasn't Stanley :lol:
Meus occupatio est ut calcitro vestri clunis.
Hawkballer 14
Champion

Congrats to Rob and Amy Murphy on the new additions to the family. Take several weeks off and enjoy a very special moment in your life.

The fort will be held down until your return. :beer:
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Middle name should be Cup. Grey Cup Murphy has a nice ring to it. Congrads to the Murphy family
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Congrats to the Murphy family. Wow, the second player in a few months a Vancouver Pro Sports Team has left to see his wife right after she's given birth in Florida!
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

its good that it wasnt late in the season though
2012 Season Ticket Holder
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

Congrats Murph! Good luck with fatherhood! :thup: