Don Matthews.....

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Matthews coaching the Argos is certainly a shocker but great for CFL fans. While I don't like Stubler, especially his sideline antics, I think a rookie head coach at least deserves a chance to complete one season.

This might temper my desire to have the Lions make the playoff crossover to the Eastern Conference. But it will still be difficult even for the Don to turn things around in 8 games. He will need some time to evaluate players and get "his guys" on the roster. Mind you, the Argos have just signed 9 NFL cuts!
notahomer
Hall of Famer

WOW! This has been a wild couple of weeks. Maybe this is normal but I'm used to the Lions being in first place so.... Big trades (roberts/smith=for sure, canada/moreno=held up but guys moving). I'm still stunned Stegall is a Bomber. I'm guessing he came back to get a ring and there's no way thats happening this season. Is he the next to get moved? Coaches get fired but I really thought the Don was done.....
Rammer
Team Captain

notahomer wrote:WOW! This has been a wild couple of weeks. Maybe this is normal but I'm used to the Lions being in first place so.... Big trades (roberts/smith=for sure, canada/moreno=held up but guys moving). I'm still stunned Stegall is a Bomber. I'm guessing he came back to get a ring and there's no way thats happening this season. Is he the next to get moved? Coaches get fired but I really thought the Don was done.....
Did Stegall get the record for TD catches? IIRC he is still tied for that one, and that may have been a deciding factor in his return, along with the GC chance.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Ballistic Bob
Legend

Don Matthews was voted to the BC Lions 50th Season All Time Dream Team. Nuff said. BB
Wear orange or wear nothing
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

Stegall broke the TD record last season vs Hamilton Rammer.

He is 30+ yards behind Allen Pitts for the all time receiving yards record.
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
Wakesbetterthanyou
Legend

West Coast Blue Fan wrote:Stegall broke the TD record last season vs Hamilton Rammer.

He is 30+ yards behind Allen Pitts for the all time receiving yards record.
actually its 17
Check out my lions art http://lionbackers.com/bc_lions/viewtop ... =4&t=15940

How does a rider fan spell dynasty????

O N E