Congrats to the Riders...

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Vern Halen wrote:BC scares me - I don't know what team is going to show up - the team we saw in week one or the team we saw last year...
You're not the only one.
Vern Halen
Champion

Speaking of which team - Geroy's got Rider fans in a tizzy over his comments on Sportsnet - He was talking about how teams bring their 'A' game against the Lions. He said teams forget how they play the 'Saskatchewans and Edmontons' and bring their A game against the Lions.

So the sniping in the press begins - look at Fred Perry's comments last week...the karma gods of football made sure he was a non-factor in the game. :sigh: I don't really see the need for such comments - I can understand the usual cliches - "We'll go out and give 110%", "they're a good football club and we'll see what happens" and so on - it was a good soundbite, mind you, but karma has a way with dealing with such things. Friday will tell - Geroy's also one of the few whose talent lives up to his talk so I can cut him some slack there.

Now had he said the "Hamiltons and Edmontons"... :rockin: :lol:
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

At least he didnt call member of your O-line..."fat and sassy"

Much ado about nothing....fans get worked up over this....thats all. And especially Rider fans.
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Much ado about nothing....fans get worked up over this....thats all. And especially Rider fans.
Especially Rider fans. Is it a lack of maturity by rider fans or is it extremism? The posters on Rider forums seem a lot more about vilification and hyperbole and a lot less about football analysis and accurate discussion when compared to other fan boards.
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

DanoT wrote:
Especially Rider fans. Is it a lack of maturity by rider fans or is it extremism? The posters on Rider forums seem a lot more about vilification and hyperbole and a lot less about football analysis and accurate discussion when compared to other fan boards.
I got banned over there because I PM'd someone to tell the to lighten up a bit. The majority there are a touchy bunch....
Big Time
Champion

They're all a bunch of idiots over there. Let's face it. Even though the Riders won the Grey Cup, most people know that the Lions were a better team last season who laid an egg in the playoffs. What Geroy said is entirely true about teams playing the Lions. The Lions are the measuring stick by which other teams judge success. The Riders have managed one second place finish and one salary cap cheated Grey Cup championship in 20 years. They have the worst starting QB in the league and have a long way to go before they become anybody's measuring stick of success. They can jump all over Geroy's innocuous comment all they want, but the fact remains the Riders still have a lot to prove.
Vern Halen
Champion

Yeah, I would have to agree about touchy. I think part of it is the fact that for many years, when someone would say something like that, we'd be like "Oh yeah? Oh yeah? Well... well.. ok, um... ok ... maybe that's true."

We (as Rider fans) had such a complex about being perennial losers for years and now that we've tasted a Cup victory, we have a little swagger to our walk - perhaps some are swaggering too much.
David
Team Captain

DanoT wrote:
Against my better judgement, I took the bait and went over there last night to see whether they really DO get their shorts in a twist over trivialities such as this. I could not believe the 3 pages of bile spewing from these people. I especially got a laugh at the chick with obvious anger and resentment issues against BC who insists (despite the two cancelled practices) that the Lions training camp in Abbotsford wasn't that wet. :lol: No really. She has proof - she walks her dog there all the time. :rotf: Besides, the Lions had solid footing on the field turf at W.J. Mouat. :roll:

For the record, I haven't heard a single player or coach use the horrible weather as an excuse for the poor start. In fact, Kelly Bates just said on TEAM1040 that it might actually help the team down the road.

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Rammer
Team Captain

David wrote:
DanoT wrote:
Against my better judgement, I took the bait and went over there last night to see whether they really DO get their shorts in a twist over trivialities such as this. I could not believe the 3 pages of bile spewing from these people. I especially got a laugh at the chick with obvious anger and resentment issues against BC who insists (despite the two cancelled practices) that the Lions training camp in Abbotsford wasn't that wet. :lol: No really. She has proof - she walks her dog there all the time. :rotf: Besides, the Lions had solid footing on the field turf at W.J. Mouat. :roll:

For the record, I haven't heard a single player or coach use the horrible weather as an excuse for the poor start. In fact, Kelly Bates just said on TEAM1040 that it might actually help the team down the road.

DH 8)
Some Rider fans have better insight than the real Lions fans do of the Lions here David, that is all. I mean from the PA system amping up the fan noise, to the side deals and now our weather not being a factor, I have to credit them and spend enough time to catch up on all that is Lions there.
Entertainment value = an all time low