Am I wrong for feeling this way?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Maybe this is just the disappointment of Sunday talking but all of a sudden, this Grey Cup between two of the smallest populated regions of the country doesn't really interest me a whole lot. Especially without any real anticipation of good game because of the injury to Kevin Glenn. I know nothing is written but does anybody else feel this way or am I just being a wuss!
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Tighthead
Legend

Sir Purrcival wrote:Maybe this is just the disappointment of Sunday talking but all of a sudden, this Grey Cup between two of the smallest populated regions of the country doesn't really interest me a whole lot. Especially without any real anticipation of good game because of the injury to Kevin Glenn. I know nothing is written but does anybody else feel this way or am I just being a wuss!
I will watch the game, but once my team is eliminated in any sport, I become pretty bitter and lose interest. Sunday's game was especially crushing, and I am especially cranky as a result. I will watch, but my excitement level is low. If it is a good game I will still enjoy it.
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Well, it helps if you can cheer for one team for someone else... thus, I will enjoy cheering for the Bombers for bbgirl (and Milt, of course).
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Larry Key
Hall of Famer

An empty feeling for sure SP. I probably won't have the time to watch the game but I will be cheering on the 'Peg. It would be a great way to end Milt's storied career and a great way to start Dinwiddie's if they can pull off an enormous upset! Hopefully the Bomber DB's will have a better game than ours.
Shaggy
Starter

I feel kind of the same way. My interest level won't be as high, because no Lions means no real concern as to who wins it all. However, it's good for the CFL that two "small market" teams are competing for the ultimate prize.

My buddy is a Lions STH and also a Riders fan. On one hand I want to cheer for the Riders - a GC drought since '89 is an awfully long time to wait.
On the other hand, Milt deserves a GC ring. He's been too good a pro for too long in this league not to have one.

I hope that the Bombers are able to compete without KG in their lineup.
Regardless of who walks off the victor, I hope it's an entertaining game.

I'll watch it, but I won't be as amped as I was last year.
Lionut
Hall of Famer

You can guarantee that Mark Cohon quietly shares our angst. In terms of TV ratings, this is the worst match up possible for the league. BC and Toronto, with the Argos as home team, would have been their dream game -- this one, in contrast, is the nightmare.

Two small market prairie teams = very little viewer interest in Quebec, Alberta, BC, or Southern Ontario. Sure, for CFL diehards there are some interesting storylines for this game, but let's be honest -- what is in this matchup to attract the casual fan outside of Saskatchewan or Manitoba? Nothing. This game is going to be a ratings dog for CBC and the CFL.

Sure, I'll watch, and I'll cheer for the Bombers. (I'll cheer for Al Queda before I cheer for the Riders.) You'll have to excuse me, though, if I switch over to the NFL every once in a while...
"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever."
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Won't watch it if the Lions aren't in it. Don't see that changing this year.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I'll be watching but I expect Saskatchewan to cruise to an easy win.
chimpy

I think the ratings will be excellent because the riders are in it, if the riders were not in it and if it was calgary and the Bombers then the ratings would be awfull, but i bet the viewing will be around 3.5 to 4 million, There are lots of rider fans across this country. i will be watching.
Hutch85
All Star

I figure instead of having a "Grey Cup Party" this year, we're going to be having a "Grey Cup Wake" :wink: The black jersey will be worn, Lions flags at half-mast, etc... LOL

Still some interest in watching it, since it'll be the last fix for live CFL football for awhile...
jerepeters
Rookie

I Feel the same way and would like to see some serious changes in my BC Lions and willstill be cheering for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers Milt Stegall been an awsome player and would be cool for Milt to win a championship
BC Lions Fan & Season Ticket holder since 2006
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Grey Cup Sunday is the most anticipated day on my calendar, more so than Christmas, birthdays and anniversaries. This is a great matchup of two long-sufering franchises and close rivals. I doubt that it would draw the TV ratings of a B.C.-Toronto game but it will be interesting. Love them or hate them, the little green people are fun to watch.

The guy across the street from us is hosting the annual neighbourhood Grey Cup party. We'll dress up in our team colours, enjoy food and refreshments, watch the game on the big screen and throw our money in the annual Grey Cup pool. There's nothing like a Grey Cup pool to get people interested, and it doesn't matter who is playing. The Riders appear to be a team of destiny, but it would also be nice to see Milt Stegall get a ring.
Tighthead
Legend

B.C.FAN wrote:The guy across the street from us is hosting the annual neighbourhood Grey Cup party. We'll dress up in our team colours, enjoy food and refreshments, watch the game on the big screen and throw our money in the annual Grey Cup pool. There's nothing like a Grey Cup pool to get people interested, and it doesn't matter who is playing. The Riders appear to be a team of destiny, but it would also be nice to see Milt Stegall get a ring.
Gambling, drinking and eating are solid ways to up the old interest level.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

I'll be taking the day off work to watch in HD with my gf who was born in Regina. So even though I'll cheer for the Riders, I don't mind if Milt gets a Grey Cup ring.
sonderfan
prospect

[quote="Lionut"]
Two small market prairie teams = very little viewer interest in Quebec, Alberta, BC, or Southern Ontario. Sure, for CFL diehards there are some interesting storylines for this game, but let's be honest -- what is in this matchup to attract the casual fan outside of Saskatchewan or Manitoba? Nothing. This game is going to be a ratings dog for CBC and the CFL.
quote]

Hey, don't forget: half of Alberta used to live in Saskatchewan and there are enough former Greenies scattered around to keep the numbers respectable I think. And in Quebec? Is there any proof that their numbers rise or fall depending on the success of the Als?

I think the game will get okay numbers though not many in Vancouver may watch. Trust me, my experience tells me it takes two weeks to get over disappointing playoff losses to the point you want to watch more CFL.