Riderfan emails George Black about canned noise

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

almo89
Legend

Here's the link:

http://www.riderfans.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53326

Here's one of the posts:
I am curious if someone in BC could contact the Department of Health, Labour standards board about the safety of sound in that building. As a concerned parent there should be some real concerns about whether that building is causing deafness in people. There must be some laws out there about what limits should be placed on noise at a public event.
WHHAAAAAAA
LFITQ
Team Captain

I really don't like links to other sites like that.

As I said in the sticky up above, let's let Riderfans.com be riderfans.com and let them have their board. We don't need to have discussion on here about goings on over there.

Surely there is enough football talk to occupy this board without having to comment on threads at other sites too??
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
almo89
Legend

Hey I didn't go to their boards and post anything. I didn't go over there and troll. I let riderfans be riderfans.
Rick James
Legend

I like how Black says they do monitor that kind of stuff. i.e. if it happened then there would have been fines or penalties in each of the last 3 wdf's.

Green Weenies :bang: :bang: :bawl:
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

somebody call the whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmbbbbbbbbuuuuuuuullllllllaaaaaaannnnnnnnccccccccccceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Image
2012 Season Ticket Holder
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

This is so pathetic it's not even worth a comment...if I can stop laughing that is... :lol:

Ahhhhh got a love those little greenies.
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

I actually thanked them for the letter. Now, when the league is "aware of this problem" and still nothing happens as far as fines, penalties, punishment etc. we'll have been vindicated and they can stop crying about it finally. (not likely, but in theory)
almo89
Legend

No Ordinary Joe wrote:I actually thanked them for the letter. Now, when the league is "aware of this problem" and still nothing happens as far as fines, penalties, punishment etc. we'll have been vindicated and they can stop crying about it finally. (not likely, but in theory)
:whs:

I read ur comment on their site and this should shut them up once and for all. Then again they are riderfans 8)
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

Good luck with that...they'll just say Braley paid George Black...
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

Yeah, that's their answer for anything logical over there.
Jer Bear
Rookie

OrangeShoes99 wrote:Good luck with that...they'll just say Braley paid George Black...
It has happened already, behind a locked door of course. :lol:
Stui

OrangeShoes99 wrote:Good luck with that...they'll just say Braley paid George Black...
Well you could always respond to that with a "at least he can". :twisted:
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Wow. These people really are completely looney-toons (no, not Rider fans as a whole, just a select few on their message board).

They really are THAT convinced that despite all the accusations, despite nothing ever coming of them, that the "canned noise" still goes on, and that it rates emailing the league about? I mean, how does one's brain even put that kind of a query together? "Yeah, hi George, I know it's never been proven by the league, but I'm still convinced that they're doing it, and you need to do something about it." If you can type that with a straight face, you're seriously ready to be committed.
Here's one of the posts:
I am curious if someone in BC could contact the Department of Health, Labour standards board about the safety of sound in that building. As a concerned parent there should be some real concerns about whether that building is causing deafness in people. There must be some laws out there about what limits should be placed on noise at a public event.
And this is no better! The whole idea goes completely beyond reason - you're just typing away without administering even a modicum of thought. It's utterly beyond logic. The crowd noise in an OUTDOOR statium is louder than the Dome's pathetic PA system is capable of, and they're concerned about the VENUE controlling the noise? A "concerned parent" - if you're that concerned, don't take your kids there!

Gads... it's just mind-boggling how far out of touch with reality these people are.
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Zarquon
Champion

The most recently brought up "evidence" is that the loud crowd at BC Place is a recent phenomenon. Obviously they were not at the 94 Grey Cup, or how about that game that Cal Murphy had special ear plugs for the bombers.
Meus occupatio est ut calcitro vestri clunis.
Soundy
Hall of Famer

I wonder if I can get Mullin to perpetuate my "Riders-spike-the-visiting-teams'-water-supply" rumour... according to the RF crowd, such wild claims carry far more weight if they're backed up by a "radio personality"... :lol:
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.