Bob ackles book for free!

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Rammer
Team Captain

Belize City Lion wrote:
Rammer wrote: If you are a client that is spending 6 times what the other client next to you is, shouldn't you expect more in return? I would love to give one each for the 4 children to have down the road as a memory of the Lions as they became fans of the team......
Not to split hairs, but I think the the average season's ticket holder has at least a pair of tickets, so you are only spending, at most, 3 times more than those other "clients".

Yes, I agree that someone who supports the Lions with 6 season tickets should receive extra consideration, or additional graft, compared to the STH who only buys 2, but I don't think sending a pile of books to one address is the best way to reward these people.
Alright, I can accept that, except that even a single ST holder will get a book.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

It's called a box, you know those brown things that you put items in before shipping.............
pinkfreud

Rammer wrote:Alright, I can accept that, except that even a single ST holder will get a book.
It's not enough you coupled folk have each other, you have to hoard the gifts too?

:wink:
Rammer
Team Captain

pinkfreud wrote:
Rammer wrote:Alright, I can accept that, except that even a single ST holder will get a book.
It's not enough you coupled folk have each other, you have to hoard the gifts too?

:wink:
Unfortunately that is not the case..... :lol: 8)

I am just trying to do my part in helping my children to understand and be part of the Lions. :sigh:
Charlene

Well...Mr. Rammer. If you didn't get it for free, you were going to buy multiple copies anyways, weren't you?

If it will end the subject, i'll offer to buy each of your kids a copy myself!!!

:P
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Will you autograph mine too, Charlene? :D
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Rammer
Team Captain

Charlene wrote:Well...Mr. Rammer. If you didn't get it for free, you were going to buy multiple copies anyways, weren't you?

If it will end the subject, i'll offer to buy each of your kids a copy myself!!!

:P
That isn't the point Charlene. But I have said enough on the subject, I see.
Charlene

Oh don't be a pooper, i was kidding!

=)
Charlene

Soundy wrote:Will you autograph mine too, Charlene? :D
Haha...well that would leave less room for Ackles to sign it!
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

Damn........I saw David Braley at the Stamps/Ticat game tonight.........I should have thanked him for all you guys/gals.

I find it amazing, the guy comes strolling thru the gates with all the rest of the fans.......no special entrance or anything else......just a regular fan.
Lloyd
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Braley is amazing. That book cost over $5.50 in postage to mail each copy, plus the costs of the book itself, and probably not a single recipient would have expected to receive it for free. What a wonderful gift, for Ackles and the fans.
MacNews
Team Captain

B.C.FAN wrote:Braley is amazing. That book cost over $5.50 in postage to mail each copy, plus the costs of the book itself, and probably not a single recipient would have expected to receive it for free. What a wonderful gift, for Ackles and the fans.
:whs:

It is a class act by Braley and the organization to distribute the book to fans so early after launch!! :thup:
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

B.C.FAN wrote:Braley is amazing. That book cost over $5.50 in postage to mail each copy, plus the costs of the book itself, and probably not a single recipient would have expected to receive it for free. What a wonderful gift, for Ackles and the fans.
Those bubble envelopes are also an expense, I reckon.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
pinkfreud

And the labour to mail them all out.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Wow... didn't realize each account averages at least 3 season tickets. From today's Greg Douglas column:
HERE 'N' THERE: In publishing circles, a best-seller in Canada is a book that sells 5,000 or more copies. That means the Bob Ackles autobiography The Water Boy that came out just last week is already a Canadian best-seller because B.C. Lions' owner David Braley purchased 6,000 copies for Leos season subscribers. The Lions have roughly 21,000 season ticket holders but they're listed as 6,000 accounts