Hypocrisy at it's best

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Soundy
Hall of Famer

#1 Lions Fan in SK wrote:That's funny! I've had a blast the last couple of days. It's amazing how some people that I talk to are already giving up on them and saying the Riders aren't even worth watching anymore. That's quite the switch from two weeks ago! :lol:
So lemme get this straight... because Clermont isn't signing with the Riders NEXT year (through no fault of the team), the whole team is in the tank for the rest of THIS year?

Bahahahah, fine example of prairie thinking :D
wildthing
All Star

#1 Lions Fan in SK wrote:That's funny! I've had a blast the last couple of days. It's amazing how some people that I talk to are already giving up on them and saying the Riders aren't even worth watching anymore. That's quite the switch from two weeks ago! :lol:
those were casual fans at best in the first place. They were on the bandwagon while we won, and bailed after a loss. we aren't upset to lose those people if they wanna bail.
Rammer
Team Captain

wildthing wrote:
those were casual fans at best in the first place. They were on the bandwagon while we won, and bailed after a loss. we aren't upset to lose those people if they wanna bail.
Does that mean the combine was working? :wink:
Entertainment value = an all time low
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

That's nothing. Wait til Saturday night. :cr:
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

wildthing wrote: I refuse to buy season tickets in Edmonton as that is full support to the Esks, but I will buy to watch the Riders even though the esks get the money, my measly couple hundred bucks for 2 games isn't going to make or break them.
If fans across the country took that attitude all teams would suffer. No doubt BC has season ticket holders who are not Lion fans, but fans of every other team in the league...including some esteemed Lionbacker regulars. Similarly there will be Eskimo fans who put money into the Rider coffers via Rider season tickets. Look at it this way. If you had Eskimo season tickets you could boo the Green & Gold 10 times per season instead of the 1 or 2 times the Riders come to Commonwealth! ;-)
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

wildthing wrote: those were casual fans at best in the first place. They were on the bandwagon while we won, and bailed after a loss. we aren't upset to lose those people if they wanna bail.
This is clearly wrong.

Time and again we are told by wildthing and other 'Rider fans that they are the way cool bestest fans EV-AR and support their team regardless of wins and losses, then fill opposing Stadia and therefore allow those clubs to exist.

If it weren't for Regina fans, we are often told that there would be no CFL.

But wildthing refuses to support this CFL in Edmonton, which is just another franchise in the Regina Football League after all?

Fascinating.
#1 Lions Fan in SK
Starter

Soundy wrote:
So lemme get this straight... because Clermont isn't signing with the Riders NEXT year (through no fault of the team), the whole team is in the tank for the rest of THIS year?

Bahahahah, fine example of prairie thinking :D
Sorry, I guess I wasn't specific enough. I've had a blast due to the results of last weekend's games and pointing out who's on top now. Even the radio station that insulted me before the games last week is now saying they have given up on the Riders and they are now doing what they do every year. (Unfortunately for us Lions fans, I think they are wrong. I think the Riders are still a team to be contended with.)