Who should be the Lions top priority to re-sign?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Who should be the Lions top priority to re-sign?

Otis Floyd
20%
Tyrone Williams
68%
Ryan Thelwell
13%

Total votes: 40
jim604
All Star

otis floyd signed a 3 year extension today :roar:
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

jim604 wrote:otis floyd signed a 3 year extension today :roar:
That's the guy I voted for in this poll! :thup:
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Excellent move by Buono and the Lions :thup:
David
Team Captain

Hmmm, I wonder if Tyrone Williams visits Lionbackers.com.

On the subject of that elusive All-Star award, the big guy was quoted in Friday's Vancouver Sun as being aware of fan support:

"Williams would like to be acknowledged that he's a success simply because he plays hard. But, darn it, some all-star consideration would be nice.

"There are some diehard fans who notice," Williams says, "but we're not the guys scoring touchdowns, throwing touchdowns and kicking field goals. And I don't talk a lot about myself. I do my talking with pads."

If he doesn't get recognized this season for the monster year he's had, there should be an investigation.

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

I know there's a user, dt96 who has signed up but not posted, and lurks a fair bit. He's gotta know he's loved! :rockin:
Real women wear orange!!
Dan Russell
Legend

If he doesn't get recognized this season for the monster year he's had, there should be an investigation.
If he doesn't recieve the award, the CFL voting procedure will be in shambles.
bclions4life

Aaron Hunt has done nothing but good things for us this year. He has proven himself to be a worthy candidate for Rookie of the Year honours and should be locked up long-term by Wally.
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

I'm not sure if "Player of the Month" means anything to Big Ty, but it's about time that voters woke up and realized that Ty anchors our d-line, often facing a double-team allowing Johnson to go QB hunting.

Aaron Hunt has had a good year, but there's other rookies out there who have had equally good, if not better years.

Adam Braidwood and Luca Congi come to mind. Andy Fantuz has come on strong, since the injury to Jamel Richardson.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

bclions4life wrote:Aaron Hunt has done nothing but good things for us this year. He has proven himself to be a worthy candidate for Rookie of the Year honours and should be locked up long-term by Wally.
Nice pic of Hunt. I agree he's been a great addition to the team but I don't think he qualifies as a rookie because he went to NFL training camps in 2003 and 2004 and spent 2005 in NFLe.
Dan Russell
Legend

The only rookie who has had a solid year IMO besides Hunt is Luca Congi. Braidwood has been injured and Fantuz hasn't gotten a lot of looks.
bclions4life

I think Wally should try and keep the front four (Wilson, Williams, Hunt, Johnson) together. Johnson's understudy, Nautyn McKay-Loescher, is having a solid season as well. Tyrone Williams is the backbone of our defense and will be with us until the end of his career. Brent Johnson is just too good. By keeping the front four intact, we should continue to have a solid defensive line for years to come.
Dan Russell
Legend

I think Wally should try and keep the front four (Wilson, Williams, Hunt, Johnson) together. Johnson's understudy, Nautyn McKay-Loescher, is having a solid season as well. Tyrone Williams is the backbone of our defense and will be with us until the end of his career. Brent Johnson is just too good. By keeping the front four intact, we should continue to have a solid defensive line for years to come.
:whs: