Oh not not another QB poll

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

What is your personal preference

I hope he sticks down south
53%
I hope he is released and becomes Lions property
48%

Total votes: 40
bc49
Hall of Famer

This is a controversial poll to say the least not only because it deals with a player no longer on the Lions but also, to a certain extent, a set back in a players career goals.

Are you hoping Casey Printers sticks in the National Football Leauge or are you hoping he is released this CFL season and the Lions retain his rights with which they do what they will.

This isn't intended in any way to be a Lions starting QB topic by the way.
pinkfreud

I want him to make it in the NFL, if that's his dream.
bc49
Hall of Famer

Actually that is every players dream. One of the sad aspects of the CFL game is that nobody really wants to be here if given the option.
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

awww crap i pressed the wrong one damnit
2012 Season Ticket Holder
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

once i watch him for KC tomorrow on fox ill have a better opinion on this (game time 5)
"I hope he enjoys Stornoway and I hope he's happy there for a long time"

-Prime Minister Harper on new Liberal Leader St?phane Dion
CB123
Legend

I want him to do well in the NFL. If he desideds to come back up, then great, we can use him in a huge trade.
BC Lions - 2006 Grey Cup Champions!
USC Trojans - 2007 Rose Bowl Champions!
Team Canada - 2007 World Junior Hockey Champions!
Vancouver Giants - 2007 Memorial Cup Champions!
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

bc49 wrote:Actually that is every players dream. One of the sad aspects of the CFL game is that nobody really wants to be here if given the option.
I suppose it might be every high school player's dream to play at USC, Notre Dame, Michigan, Ohio State, Miami, Florida State, Tennessee, Texas, Auburn, LSU, etc. But there's nothing sad about playing at Fresno State, Boise State, Utah, Central Florida, Southern Miss, Louisville, Toledo, Northwestern, etc. Great football players have played at those places and many like them, and those teams and many like them have played great football games. Those programs are loved by their fans and supported for what they are - the same should be the case here and there should be nothing sad about it.
Rammer
Team Captain

Dan_Payne_fan!! wrote:awww crap i pressed the wrong one damnit
Me too, that should make up the difference....:)
Entertainment value = an all time low
cromartie
Hall of Famer

He's not going to stick, at this rate, so the poll becomes irrelevant. The Chiefs added a fifth QB to camp on a two year contract.

Normally, I wish ill on guys who leave the CFL during their prime. But I'll let Casey slide, considering the circumstances.
Rammer
Team Captain

cromartie wrote:He's not going to stick, at this rate, so the poll becomes irrelevant. The Chiefs added a fifth QB to camp on a two year contract.

Normally, I wish ill on guys who leave the CFL during their prime. But I'll let Casey slide, considering the circumstances.
The fifth QB is only in due to the injuries and that the Chiefs don't want to burn up CP's and more importantly Trent Green's arms. This isn't a gauranteed contract, so the length doesn't matter.
stansz
Champion

i wish the best of luck to all former lions so CP is no different, i wish him the best of liuck in KC
pumped!!!
Rammer
Team Captain

stansz wrote:i wish the best of luck to all former lions so CP is no different, i wish him the best of liuck in KC
Agreed, up to the point of him returning back to the CFL of course with another team.
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

cromartie wrote: The Chiefs added a fifth QB to camp on a two year contract.
Are we talking about Smoker here, the old Michigan State QB IIRC?

If he was without a gig, one wonders why he wasn't scouted to a CFL camp before now. It's not like most teams are knee deep in depth at QB in this league.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

bc49 wrote:Actually that is every players dream. One of the sad aspects of the CFL game is that nobody really wants to be here if given the option.
No need to be sad as this statement is so far off base it is laughable. The vast majority of CFL players are happily playing in Canada both now and in the past. Not everyone has a burning drive to be in the NFL. To characterize CFL players as people who really are here because they have no NFL option is wrong.

Of the CFL players I have met and know personally, I can't recollect hearing this over and over again.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Yank In BC
Hall of Famer

Lions4ever wrote:
cromartie wrote: The Chiefs added a fifth QB to camp on a two year contract.
Are we talking about Smoker here, the old Michigan State QB IIRC?

If he was without a gig, one wonders why he wasn't scouted to a CFL camp before now. It's not like most teams are knee deep in depth at QB in this league.
I am pretty sure I read he was cut just before TC with the Rams this year. I wonder who, if anyone has his neg list rights.
I have my head up my butt - 120db