Super Bowl L111 Game Day Thread

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

CTV and TSN are televising the game in Canada, with CBS holding the broadcast rights in the United States. Canadians will be able to see the flashy American commercials again this year, but only if they tune into CBS’s broadcast.

The national anthem will be sung by Atlanta-born R&B legend Gladys Knight. Three-time Grammy-winning band Maroon 5 headlines the halftime show, which will also include rappers Travis Scott and Big Boi.

The Patriots are 2.5-point favourites to win the game, which is of course sold out at Mercedez-Benz Stadium in Atlanta. The cheapest ticket on the resale market is currently listed at nearly CAD $4,000.

The Super Bowl is expected to be watched by more than 100 million people in the United States, with millions more tuning in around the world.
https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/super-bowl-2019-time
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2019/2/1/ ... -belichick

Excellent preview of the coaching matchups.

I was not hyped to watch, but after reading the preview, it will be hard to resist.

3:30 pm PT
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Shouldn't this be with past Super Bowl threads and other NFL discussion in the All Sports Forum instead of the CFL Football Forum?
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Hambone wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:56 am
Shouldn't this be with past Super Bowl threads and other NFL discussion in the All Sports Forum instead of the CFL Football Forum?
Absolutely. Head of the class for Hambone.

Done. √

Note the early hour of the original post.

BTW, when I saw your nick, I thought you were going to post on coaching matchups, or the like. Ha ha

Robbie
Hall of Famer

Both the Bruins and the Celtics won today. While the Kings and Lakers lost yesterday, and the Clippers lost today as well.

Will this be a prelude and foreshadowing of the results between the cities of Los Angeles and Boston for the final score today?

And speaking of the two cities, it will be a rematch of the same cities from the 2018 World Series.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Patriots in control for most of the game so far. Rams are lucky that they are just behind 3-0. Rams offence have nothing going so far.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
祝你龍年行大運。
Robbie
Hall of Famer

3-0 Patriots at halftime. Only 57 offensive yards and 2 first downs by the Rams offence. Lucky to be down by just 3. :cr:
祝你龍年行大運。
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Boring so far
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

1st half Belichick's defence awesome. Offence good too, but not scoring.

Rams' defence good.

Nobody that I have seen can game plan like Belichick. He exploits individual talent in unique ways.

It seems though that the NFL coaches the life out of the game.

McVay and Phillips no slouches either.

Robbie
Hall of Famer

Finally, some offence for the Rams to tie the game at 3-3.
祝你龍年行大運。
Robbie
Hall of Famer

A rare very defensive Super Bowl game this year, and in the end Patriots had the better defense with a 13-3 win.
祝你龍年行大運。
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

The Patriots lose coaches to promotion. They change players. At the start of some years their defence looks horrible. But all they do is win.

Belichick's detailed game planning might be the best ever. Use of personnel best ever. I am not the biggest Patriot fan, but I have an appreciation for how they play football.

Now the bad part. Trump will wrap himself in their glory.

Brady. Best ever. Edelman. Uncoverable. Changing cast at RB. Michel the latest.

The Rams are a nice team, but I preferred the Patriots to win. Boring game, Yes.

Ballistic Bob
Legend

The game was a dog. Lets not get carried away here. Let's call a spaniel a spaniel. Ruff said. BB
Wear orange or wear nothing
JohnnyMusso
Champion

I caught the last 3 quarters and found the game a bit of a dud, being too low scoring. LA for most of the game could get almost nothing going offensively. The last quarter was the best and LA almost had a touchdown if that receiver had held on.

I was pulling for the underdog, LA, who were the underdog, despite all the hype.

Brady and the Pats found a way to win another Super Bowl.

As for the half time show, I thought it was ok, but Maroon 5 is getting destroyed with most of the reviews and 60% of the viewers hated them. Americans can be pretty vicious. Also what was the point of adding a rapper and then bleeping out most of his song. At first I thought there was a sound problem, till I later realized half the song was full of swearing.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Super Bowls have a history of not living up to pregame hype. This afternoon was another one.