Official NFL Thread - 2012-2013 Season

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

Robbie
Hall of Famer

So who watched the Pro Bowl?

Congratulations to Matt Schaub.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
notahomer
Hall of Famer

McNabb traded! To a division rival, nonetheless! L.T. cut loose from the Chargers. The Eagles and Chargers both got rid of fixture players. I was surprised at first to see them cut but in reality, these transactions make sense for the players and their now ex-teams, IMO.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Well todays round of games were enjoyable, IMO. I obviously faithfully watched the Bombers/Riders game but then caught the later two NFL games. I had some to choose from but stuck with the Seahawks/49ners and the Redskins/Cowboys games. Both were upsets, I think. The Redskins got a gift at the end of the first half. The Seahawks played way better than I thought they would in an easy win.

I haven't looked too close but I think the ManningBowl (Giants/Colts-Sunday nighter) will be my favourite NFL game next week.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

notahomer wrote:Well todays round of games were enjoyable, IMO. I obviously faithfully watched the Bombers/Riders game but then caught the later two NFL games. I had some to choose from but stuck with the Seahawks/49ners and the Redskins/Cowboys games. Both were upsets, I think. The Redskins got a gift at the end of the first half. The Seahawks played way better than I thought they would in an easy win.

I haven't looked too close but I think the ManningBowl (Giants/Colts-Sunday nighter) will be my favourite NFL game next week.
Glad to see the Redskins beat the Cowboys. Haven't liked the Pokes since Jimmy Johnson was run out of town, except for the time when Bill Parcells was there.

Looked like the 49ers blew it big time. Should have been ahead 21-0 at one time.

Hey, is that old guy Bret Favre still playing? j/k He is about as old as Bart Starr. Ha ha I wonder if they know in China or India about his almost retirement. It's pretty big news after all. :wink:

I'm a little down on the NFL these days. Not real happy to see the dog killer, Vick, playing with the Eagles. Not all that happy with Ben Roethlisberger. Terrell Owens and Chad Ochocinco can get married in Cincinnati for all I care. LOL Too many egos in the NFL. But I will get back into it, no doubt.

I do like Rex Ryan and the Jets. And Tom Brady and the Patriots. And Peyton Manning and the Colts. Hey, that's not bad.

I still love that Colts uniform.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Another surprise result, IMO. The Chiefs pull out a win over the Chargers. I think the Chargers are a regular also-ran come playoff time. Rivers is definately one of those QB's that I like to watch even though I hope his team loses.

(cool Peyton pics, WCJ- bet he's dying to get back to the Superbowl)
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Its that time of year in the NFL where things are not working out as planned. Enjoyed the Redskins/Texans game. The Cowboys are struggling even though many have them picked as the first host team to win a Superbowl come the playoffs. Seahawks were ughhh... The hyped Manningbowl is all Peyton, so far. We'll see how the 4th quarter goes.

And yes I made sure to flip to the CFL games too! Why would you schedule a double-header opposite the NFL? If Sunday CFL games are worth watching why wait until September to show them? I'd prefer to just watch CFL games (Thurs, Fri, Sat, holiday Mondays) and leave Sundays to the NFL brand of football.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

notahomer wrote: And yes I made sure to flip to the CFL games too! Why would you schedule a double-header opposite the NFL? If Sunday CFL games are worth watching why wait until September to show them? I'd prefer to just watch CFL games (Thurs, Fri, Sat, holiday Mondays) and leave Sundays to the NFL brand of football.
Bears 27 - Cowboys 20

Yeeee Haw ... Make my day.

Jerry Jones as owner, and businessman. :thup: Gotta give him credit here.

Jerry Jones as GM. :thdn:

Tom Landry :thup:

Jimmy Johnson :thup:

Barry Switzer :thdn:

Chan Gailey :thdn:

Dave Campo :thdn:

Bill Parcells :thup:

Wade Phillips :thdn:

Staubach :thup:

Emmitt :thup:

Duane Thomas :thup:
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Sundays suppossed to be my football-vegout day but all I got to catch was the second half of the Chargers/Seahawks. I really wanted to see the Cowboys go 0-3 but they won. I'm really sore I missed the Jets/Dolphins tilt. Anyone catch this game? How was Wake?
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

notahomer wrote:Sundays suppossed to be my football-vegout day but all I got to catch was the second half of the Chargers/Seahawks. I really wanted to see the Cowboys go 0-3 but they won. I'm really sore I missed the Jets/Dolphins tilt. Anyone catch this game? How was Wake?
Saw the 2nd half. Great game. I like Rex Ryan. I love the Dolphins since Parcells went there.

Wake was great. Collinsworth was raving about him. Jets right tackle and he had a helluva battle.

That is all that I saw of the NFL today.
Tighthead
Legend

Wake got schooled on running plays a time or two. On the final TD drive, the TE sealed him off completely and Tomlinson went for about 15 or 20. He is looking very good on the pass rush though, and Miami seems to be moving him around which is a good sign.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Day of surprises, IMO. Missed most of the later games (Colts/Jags & Redskins/Eagles) due to the CFL dustup at Commonwealth. I'm a faithful CFL fan but wish games were not held on Sundays.

The Rams had roasted Seahawk for lunch. The Seahawks had no business beating the Chargers last week and it showed against the Rams.

Peyton Manning drives the Colts to tie late in the 4th and then the Colts lose on a 59yard fieldgoal on the games final play.

The Redskins seem odd. Look good one week, lose the next. Philly is obviously in need of a QB.

The Giants also knocked daBears off the purrfect sheet. Chicago also looks like they may need a QB.

Jeff Garcia's name came up in the Eagles game. I guess that is where he'd probably land too. I like watching Garcia play football so here's hoping he's back in the NFL soon. I think he looks better than a lot of NFL QB's taking snaps right now.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

A former New York Jets team masseuse said the Brett Favre made unwanted advances toward her when he played for the team in 2008.

The masseuse spoke to the New York Post but told the paper she did not want to be named. Her allegations are the latest to emerge in what has built into an NFL investigation into potential improper behavior by Favre.

"He was looking at me like I was a hanging slab of meat," the masseuse told the Post of how Favre allegedly began advances toward her while she and colleagues applied therapy to Jets players.
It doesn't get any better for the old goat. The women he has propositioned electronically are on a growing list. Years ago he had an addiction to Vicodin painkiller. Now he seems to have a sex addiction. He better check out the clinic Tiger Woods went to.

Sad way for a Hall of Fame career to wind down.

Stud service for race horses usually waits until they retire. Martina Navratilova once said Wayne Gretzky would be her choice for that kind of service. Favre might be getting ready for his next career.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Its probably just my imagination but IMO, there are enough upsets in this years NFL that pepto should consider buying some advertising time.

Redskins get an OT field goal to beat Green Bay the Redskins
Raiders steal a win from the Chargers
Cardinals beat the Saints
At least these were games won by the home team.

Especially enjoying for me was watching the Cowboys fall behind, fight back and then give away a game AT HOME to the Titans. I like watching Fisherfootball so it is nice to see his Titans play better than their start last year. So many experts HAD the Cowboys to win the Superbowl at home this season. Still could be done but they are gonna have to snap out of it, soon. Guess the 49ners should win the Sunday nighter if the Peptobiz season holds to form.
1greatmysticbushape
Champion

they sure do a lot of 4th down gambles around midfield it seems lately. not all driven by the score or lateness of the game.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Enjoyed the NFL games I caught but I didn't see a lot due to the CFL DoubleDip.

Surprised Seattle beat the DaBears. Close on the scoreboard, don't know how the game played out. Seattle seems to be a Jeykll/Hyde team. Losing to the Rams but beating the Chargers for e.g. You can tell how they are playing by watching the Coach/Players on the sideline. If they are jumping around like giddy children Christmas Morning, they are winning.

Vikings beat Dallas in what the announcers termed the Panic-bowl. Cowboys look done. This was suppossed to be the big year, followed by a strong playoff run, culminating in a homefield Superbowl win. Not gonna happen.

The Colts outlasted the Redskins in the nightcap. Key turnovers kept the stat that matters closer than the game seemed to be. Without those turnovers that lead to short fields for the skins, I think this game would have been over by the mid-3rd Quarter (some would say so anyway).