Rob Murphy leaving?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

120dB
Legend

Rob Murphy leaving? He didn't appear too happy earlier in the season re the fines. Did he not just sign a one year extension?
Zarquon
Champion

I think we could see this go either way. Unlike last off season were we saw very few changes I think you will see several before training camp next year.
Meus occupatio est ut calcitro vestri clunis.
pennw
Legend

He signed for two more years. After all that media harassment , they go and give him the outstanding lineman award . That may have been taken by Murphy as a little vindication. They thought he was dirty but then they think he was the best after all that . Go figure. I wouldn't worry about him leaving .
Rammer
Team Captain

Minimum CFL contract is a 1 + 1, which does not mean that he couldn't just walk away from the game now. But I bet with this current squads ability and the sour taste of the season ending a week early, he returns with a mission.
Entertainment value = an all time low
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I bet he'll be back to lay another beating on Adam Braidwood. :wink:
Zarquon
Champion

Certainly sounded like he will be back in the various interviews he gave this week. I think he has some unfinished business to attend to and the bitterness of last year was washed away with the Top O Lineman award.
Soundy
Hall of Famer

I don't see why the media coverage, "dirty" title, and so on, would be impetus for RM to leave the Lions - he'd get exactly the same thing playing in ANY market in the CFL. If it really bothered him that much, the only way to truly escape it would be to quit football entirely.

He may not like it, but I really doubt it would be reason enough for him to quit the Lions *or* the CFL in general.
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

I didn't watch the pregame faithfully but one clip I did catch was the one on dirty play. Murphy looked/sounded like he's got some unfinished business. Mosca was really charming talking about his big hit on Fleming. Murphy is NOT the dirtiest CFL player now and certainly NOT the dirtiest ever. Just hard nosed, nothing more/less.