Official 2006 Seattle Seahawks Thread

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

nelson95
Legend

Alexander has broken foot. Out 2-4 weeks
Tooo bad :lol:
Give the ball to LeeRoy!
Yank In BC
Hall of Famer

nelson95 wrote:Alexander has broken foot. Out 2-4 weeks
Wow, your a big man laughing at someones injury.
I have my head up my butt - 120db
Lion_Pride_26
Legend

Tough break for the Seahawks, especially going into next week's game on the road against the Chicago Bears.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

The media reports that Shaun Alexander might be back in as early as two weeks. Keep in mind that in the first Seahawks playoff game last season, Shaun Alexander was injured early in the game. But the Seahawks still pulled out their first playoff win in 21 years, 20-10 over the Washington Redskins.

On a different NFL note, it was good to see 70,000+ attend the Monday Night Football game in the New Orleans, Louisiana Superdome after Hurricane Katrina devastated just over a year ago.
Lion_Pride_26
Legend

Robbie wrote:The media reports that Shaun Alexander might be back in as early as two weeks. Keep in mind that in the first Seahawks playoff game last season, Shaun Alexander was injured early in the game. But the Seahawks still pulled out their first playoff win in 21 years, 20-10 over the Washington Redskins.

On a different NFL note, it was good to see 70,000+ attend the Monday Night Football game in the New Orleans, Louisiana Superdome after Hurricane Katrina devastated just over a year ago.
2 weeks? Hmm... the Seahawks have a bye week after the Chicago game, if I'm not mistaken. Hopefully that will help him out.

I caught the pre-game and 1st half of the MNF game, it was very nice to see the Superdome fill up again and good to see the Saints back at home where they belong. :thup:
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

I kind of knew going into the Saints/Falcons game that Atlanta wouldn't be able to handle the Superdome noise.

My friend, who seems to get tickets to anything he wants, was quoted $3K US for a pair 2 rows from the top of the Superdome.
nelson95
Legend

[quote="Yank In BC"][quote="nelson95"]Alexander has broken foot. Out 2-4 weeks
Tooo bad :lol:[/quote]Wow, your a big man laughing at someones injury.[/quote]

Guess he didn't pray hard enough.
Go niners
Give the ball to LeeRoy!
Lion_Pride_26
Legend

nelson95 wrote:
Yank In BC wrote:
nelson95 wrote:Alexander has broken foot. Out 2-4 weeks
Wow, your a big man laughing at someones injury.
Guess he didn't pray hard enough.
Go niners
The niners are tied for last in the NFC West.
Toooo bad. :lol:
notahomer
Hall of Famer

What a way to spend a Sunday night!!!! Seahawks versus DahBears in Chicago. I love the Seahawks but I'm not so sure I'll be happy afterwards.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

notahomer wrote:What a way to spend a Sunday night!!!! Seahawks versus DahBears in Chicago. I love the Seahawks but I'm not so sure I'll be happy afterwards.
I guess you weren't happy at all as the Seahawks lost their first game of the season....badly. Definitely not looking like a team that went to the Super Bowl last year.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Robbie wrote:
notahomer wrote:What a way to spend a Sunday night!!!! Seahawks versus DahBears in Chicago. I love the Seahawks but I'm not so sure I'll be happy afterwards.
I guess you weren't happy at all as the Seahawks lost their first game of the season....badly. Definitely not looking like a team that went to the Super Bowl last year.
Yah, it really hurt watching the dismantling. Poor choices on some of the throws. I am not surprised but it sure was an ugly way to lose. Oh well, it'll keep the Hawks-helmet-sizes from getting too big.
Dan Russell
Legend

This Seahawks loss is leaving some doubt if they are legit or not. So far, they have not played an great game from start to finish.
LFITQ
Team Captain

Today was a sure fire sign that Hasselbeck does not have faith in his revamped Oline (didn't they lose 2 players from last year's line?).

Also, with a lack of a threat at RB (real or imagined no matter Alexander was a threat other teams had to contend with), the ground game is being given second thoughts by both the Hawks and their opponents. The bears basically just teed up and went after hasselbeck all night, forcing him into bad decisions and making big plays.

Unless they can get something going on the ground game without Alexaader, it's gonna be a long few weeks while he is out.

However, the bye couldn't come at a better time for the Hawks as they will have extra time to figure something out.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
nelson95
Legend

Rams tied with Seahawks
Give the ball to LeeRoy!
Lionut
Hall of Famer

It was one game, gang, and against a team that is very rapidly looking like Super Bowl contenders themselves. Give the Bears credit -- they looked freaking outstanding last night. The Bengals took one on the chin yesterday as well, and I don't think anyone is writing them off. Now, if the Seahawks drop another one after the bye week, NOW I start getting concerned.
"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever."