Lions @ Eskimos - Game Day Thread 20190526

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Reggiemac
Rookie

Shakir Ryan looks like an exciting addition. Good hands and speed. Dare I say he reminds me of Willy. fleming that is not Drew. He was used as a WR in college as well. Ran lots of running plays as well put some bums in the seats if we spring him enough times.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Reggiemac wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 6:03 pm
Shakir Ryan looks like an exciting addition. Good hands and speed. Dare I say he reminds me of Willy. fleming that is not Drew. He was used as a WR in college as well. Ran lots of running plays as well put some bums in the seats if we spring him enough times.
I was happy when the Lions signed Ryan late last year, having seen him return a kickoff 104 yards for a TD against Calgary, but that was his only highlight of the year in limited action. He averaged only 18 yards on 5 kickoff returns in his one game as a Lion. In two games as a punt returner (one each in Hamilton and B.C.) he averaged 4.3 yards on 9 returns. He didn't have any receptions.

In Kamloops, he was almost invisible through the first seven practices of training camp. He was well down the depth chart as a receiver. I didn't notice him as a returner. I'll try to watch him more closely when I go back to camp in a few days.
CardiacKid
Legend

B.C.FAN wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 8:19 pm
Reggiemac wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 6:03 pm
I was happy when the Lions signed Ryan late last year, having seen him return a kickoff 104 yards for a TD against Calgary, but that was his only highlight of the year in limited action. He averaged only 18 yards on 5 kickoff returns in his one game as a Lion. In two games as a punt returner (one each in Hamilton and B.C.) he averaged 4.3 yards on 9 returns. He didn't have any receptions.

In Kamloops, he was almost invisible through the first seven practices of training camp. He was well down the depth chart as a receiver. I didn't notice him as a returner. I'll try to watch him more closely when I go back to camp in a few days.
I seem to recall that during Ryan's stint as the Lion's returner, he pretty much ignored the blocking in front of him and tried to do it all on his own.