Lions vs. Eskimoes Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Correct me if I"m wrong but Paris Jackson seems perfectly adequate as a receiver out there. Maybe not an every down guy but I still can't believe he wasn't good enough for Ottawa especially with their record this year.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Blitz
Team Captain

Obviously the 'gassers' we ran at practice this week, after our 22 penalties last week didn;t work...probably because Benny let them walk them and then brought hot chocolate out.

This is not Glenn's fault. Lulay couldn't get a touchdown on the board against Ottawa with Khari Jones offence. Its just a really bad scheme and lousy play calling. There is zero imagination in our scheme. Edmonton ran more 'cool 'plays in the first 10 mintes than we''ve ran all season.

I loved the play where Edmonton put White in motion and then came back with the underneath screen. We would never do something like that.
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
Spud387
Champion

David wrote:I had a bad feeling about this game. Turns out my gut feeling was right.

It's never a good sign when 2 days before a big game two players are dressing up as Batman and Captain America, running around the office trick-or-treating for a viral video. Not that the two players are playing a bad game. It's just symptomatic of a 'loosey-goosey' attitude going into this game.

DH :cool:
no, that is part of marketing for any sports team. Now if there were reports of players doing that because they did it of their own accord and it wasn;t sanctioned then you may have a point.
Rammer
Team Captain

Blitz wrote:Obviously the 'gassers' we ran at practice this week, after our 22 penalties last week didn;t work...probably because Benny let them walk them and then brought hot chocolate out.

This is not Glenn's fault. Lulay couldn't get a touchdown on the board against Ottawa with Khari Jones offence. Its just a really bad scheme and lousy play calling. There is zero imagination in our scheme. Edmonton ran more 'cool 'plays in the first 10 mintes than we''ve ran all season.

I loved the play where Edmonton put White in motion and then came back with the underneath screen. We would never do something like that
Dare to dream Arnold, dare to dream!
Entertainment value = an all time low
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Going to be interesting who starts at quarterback for the 2nd half.
ziggy
Legend

Glenn is the best Plyer the Eskimo's have.
Rammer
Team Captain

TheLionKing wrote:Going to be interesting who starts at quarterback for the 2nd half.

IF it is Glenn, then he won't be able to buy a first down for a quarter.
Entertainment value = an all time low
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Lions double their 1st downs
Spud387
Champion

Blitz wrote:Obviously the 'gassers' we ran at practice this week, after our 22 penalties last week didn;t work...probably because Benny let them walk them and then brought hot chocolate out.

I loved the play where Edmonton put White in motion and then came back with the underneath screen. We would never do something like that.
Lol, congrats. You were able to prove that Glenn, when healthy and in decent playing conditions is as good as a Qb who hadn't played in 1 full year and was playing in monsoon conditions where there was even a weather delay.

Great comparision...
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Is everybody enjoying this BC Lions Back to School Event as much as I am?
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Anyone interested in buying 3 Grey Cup tickets on the 50 yard, 15 rows up from the field ?
ziggy
Legend

Seems like a mobile Quarterback can be an asset in this league!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Congrats to SolE for setting the record. Must be sweet setting it in Edmonton.
Blitz
Team Captain

One first down and 16 yards passing in the first half is much more than a problem with quarterbacking, especially with a vet in place who had two good seasons previously.

This is bad offensive coaching, which we've seen for most of this season and bad leadership from Benny.

Making matters worse is that Edmonton is playing press man coverage and getting away with a ton of illegal contact and yet we are the only one who got that kind of penalty in the first half.
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
Spud387
Champion

Glad to see Solomon get the record. I remember when he came back from the NFL late in the season he just didn't look like himself. I was worried cause there are some guys that try for the NFL, change their physique and play style and never get it back for the CFL style of play. Glad to see him retain his CFL form.