Riderfan emails George Black about canned noise

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

D
Team Captain

Disturber wrote:This announcement appears at cfl.ca

http://www.cfl.ca/index.php?module=news ... 7&writer=7

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it was two years ago that the Saskatchewan Roughriders were actually penalized for this infraction.
here is what it says
Wednesday, November 14, 2007

By George Black,
CFL.ca

In response to several inquiries, here is the league’s instructions to teams related to the use of “electronic noiseâ€
I own The Grey Cup! .com
almo89
Legend

I wonder if the fans will be smart this year like in 04. Remember the 04 WDF where the fans were really quiet when we had the ball. Hopefully it'll be the same on sunday
Soundy
Hall of Famer

D wrote:
Disturber wrote:This announcement appears at cfl.ca

http://www.cfl.ca/index.php?module=news ... 7&writer=7

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it was two years ago that the Saskatchewan Roughriders were actually penalized for this infraction.
here is what it says
Wednesday, November 14, 2007

By George Black,
CFL.ca

In response to several inquiries, here is the league’s instructions to teams related to the use of “electronic noiseâ€
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Vern Halen
Champion

almo89 wrote:Here's the link:

http://www.riderfans.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53326

Here's one of the posts:
I am curious if someone in BC could contact the Department of Health, Labour standards board about the safety of sound in that building. As a concerned parent there should be some real concerns about whether that building is causing deafness in people. There must be some laws out there about what limits should be placed on noise at a public event.
WHHAAAAAAA
BTW - I'm the Riderfan that emailed George Black - the post above from one of the Rider fans should be taken as it was intended - with tongue firmly planted in cheek...

If anyone would have bothered to check, I hate trolling other fan sites so I will NOT do that here - any respectful, intelligent discussion about the CFL and/or good-natured ribbing about upcoming games is what I'm all about...

Like I posted on our fansite, it was merely a question to Mr. Black, and Lion fans should welcome the opportunity to have any false accusations about canned noise put to bed once and for all.
almo89
Legend

Vern Halen wrote:

Here's one of the posts:
I am curious if someone in BC could contact the Department of Health, Labour standards board about the safety of sound in that building. As a concerned parent there should be some real concerns about whether that building is causing deafness in people. There must be some laws out there about what limits should be placed on noise at a public event.
WHHAAAAAAA
BTW - I'm the Riderfan that emailed George Black - the post above from one of the Rider fans should be taken as it was intended - with tongue firmly planted in cheek...

If anyone would have bothered to check, I hate trolling other fan sites so I will NOT do that here - any respectful, intelligent discussion about the CFL and/or good-natured ribbing about upcoming games is what I'm all about...

Like I posted on our fansite, it was merely a question to Mr. Black, and Lion fans should welcome the opportunity to have any false accusations about canned noise put to bed once and for all.
I respect that, so that's why I didn't post anything or troll on ur site. Friendly trash talking is fun, but sometimes it does get out of hand between rider and lions fans. I really hope they do find somebody to monitor the sound room, so that we can get this over with.
cromartie
Hall of Famer

The fact that the Lions have NOT been penalized for this appears to make no difference to the RF crew...
Actually, and maybe someone can help me out here, the Lions were a few years ago in a home game against Winnipeg because they let the music run too long after the Bombers broke the huddle. Anyone remember what year that was? 2003, maybe?
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

And what will monitoring the sound room actually prove? At most, people will say that canned noise wasn't used for that one game. I doubt the CFL is planning to put a monitor in BC Place for every game in the future so really it will solve nothing. Some are going to believe we are cheating regardless of what we do. So as far as I am concerned, let folks think what they want because nothing is going to change their minds.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
sonderfan
prospect

I feel sorry for all those former Lion players walking around out there who are deaf. Damn shame they had to ply their trade in such unsafe conditions.
Soundy
Hall of Famer

cromartie wrote:
The fact that the Lions have NOT been penalized for this appears to make no difference to the RF crew...
Actually, and maybe someone can help me out here, the Lions were a few years ago in a home game against Winnipeg because they let the music run too long after the Bombers broke the huddle. Anyone remember what year that was? 2003, maybe?
Couldn't say when, but letting the music run long is far from the same thing as "using canned crowd noise", which by definition would be done as a surreptitious thing...
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

sonderfan wrote:I feel sorry for all those former Lion players walking around out there who are deaf. Damn shame they had to ply their trade in such unsafe conditions.
I feel more sorry for Paul McCallum who had some lunatics from Regina dump sh*t on his lawn because he missed a kick. When fans go to that extreme I think it's more unsafe than playing host to a loud crowd. Besides, half these guys have played college ball in front of much bigger and louder crowds, I'm sure they're used to it. Thanks for playing though. :lol:
MacNews
Team Captain

cromartie wrote:
You are right...kinda. I remember a game in Winnipeg in 2003 where the Bombers were penalized for having the music on too long. I don't remember who they were playing though.

There have been several times over the past 3 years where the Lions could've been flagged but thankfully haven't.
Dan Russell
Legend

sonderfan wrote:I feel sorry for all those former Lion players walking around out there who are deaf. Damn shame they had to ply their trade in such unsafe conditions.
I feel sorry for all the Stamp fans who follow a team that is in disarray.
Vern Halen
Champion

almo89 wrote:
Vern Halen wrote:

Here's one of the posts:

WHHAAAAAAA

I respect that, so that's why I didn't post anything or troll on ur site. Friendly trash talking is fun, but sometimes it does get out of hand between rider and lions fans. I really hope they do find somebody to monitor the sound room, so that we can get this over with.
Fair enough! You can tell that obviously there's a lot of passion for our respective teams and I like that! Nothing's worse than fair-weather / part-time fans - or fans who's only intent is to raise dung on another team's fansite.

Here's to a great game this Sunday! I used to live in Maple Ridge (please don't flame me!) but I can't make it out for this weekend's game (stupid job) but I'll be planted in front of my TV cheering on the Green Team!

Best of luck, Lions fans! Looking forward to a battle for the ages!
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

all this talk about how loud it will be on Sunday.... somebody please give noisemonkey some tissues.
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

Vern Halen wrote:

Here's one of the posts:
WHHAAAAAAA

BS. And I mean BS. "....welcome the opportunity to have any FALSE accusation put to bed...." !!!!!

So the Rider fans are THAT high and mighty are they? THEY can pick and choose what we have to defend?? If you have PROOF that this goes on then you come fwd with it and we welcome the opportunity to defend. If we are, then shame on us and we take a penalty. But DON'T think you can arbitrarily conjure up what you think MAY be happening and accuse the Lions of it and expect the Lions to have to defend it.

Do your homework, get your evidence and contact Mr. Black. If you don't and you throw something at him like you did, you will get the response you deserve. " We can't punish a rumour."