Lions v. Bombers Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

:wink: Saw 2 Bomber fans, one wearing a jersey that reads Sack Mack, the other read We're Bucked :wink:
swervynmerv
Legend

Huge play to force a fumble on the first play of the game and we only get a FG!! :bang:

Am I the only one who bets the Riders or Stamps punch that it?
cromartie
Hall of Famer

swervynmerv wrote:Huge play to force a fumble on the first play of the game and we only get a FG!! :bang:

Execution, not play calling this time. Gore blows a block on the swing pass to Taylor. Lumbala blocks inside when he should have slid outside on the sack.

But to your point, I'd agree.
Last edited by cromartie on Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

All passing plays so far
swervynmerv
Legend

cromartie wrote:
swervynmerv wrote:Huge play to force a fumble on the first play of the game and we only get a FG!! :bang:

Execution, not play calling this time. Gore blows a block on the swing pass to Taylor. Lumbala blocks inside when he should have slid outside on the sack.

But to your point, I'd agree.
You are right on the execution, but this lack of red-zone success is frustrating. Whether it's execution or play calling, the Lions aren't in the same boat as the Stamps or Riders right now.
cromartie
Hall of Famer

No one open downfield. Scramble. Strip. Turnover.
Last edited by cromartie on Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Anothet slow start. Frustrating
cromartie
Hall of Famer

A Bomber fan shows off his new found ability to count to seven.

Either LaRose was supposed to take Edwards, or Bighill was supposed to pick him up as part of his zone responsibility and slipped dropping back on the reception that led to the TD.

Replay seems to indicate Edwards was supposed to have under/over with LaRose under and Marsh over. LaRose didn't keep up.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Another 2 and out :bang:
swervynmerv
Legend

Another brutal 1st quarter for the Lions offence.
MexicoLionFan
Legend

Sorry, but how many of you this week dismissed my claims about the Lions offence AND Defensive Line issues??? This is arguably the worst team in the league we are playing, at home I might add, after a humiliating loss, against yet another rookie QB and we are in trouble.

The offence is attempting to try some new things (SOME) but when they do you can see that it hasn't been practised very much, and we look very sloppy...on passing downs, Lulay is doing the same old, same old...7 step drop, no one open, or he can't see, so he takes off and gets hit hard...THERE IS A HUGE PROBLEM WITH CHAPS OFFENCE.

Defensively, our DLine isn't controlling the LOS...this is going to be a problem as the game progresses.

I said it this week, with a different schedule we might have been 1-5 after this week.

How did things turn so quickly on the Leos.
"Condemnation Without Investigation is the height of ignorance."

Albert Einstein
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Stubler is being extremely stubborn in not rushing more than four guys. Two plays total to the 12:39 mark in the 2nd quarter.
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Finally a blitz, and finally a stop.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

No pass rush whatsoevet
swervynmerv
Legend

MexicoLionFan wrote:Sorry, but how many of you this week dismissed my claims about the Lions offence AND Defensive Line issues??? This is arguably the worst team in the league we are playing, at home I might add, after a humiliating loss, against yet another rookie QB and we are in trouble.

The offence is attempting to try some new things (SOME) but when they do you can see that it hasn't been practised very much, and we look very sloppy...on passing downs, Lulay is doing the same old, same old...7 step drop, no one open, or he can't see, so he takes off and gets hit hard...THERE IS A HUGE PROBLEM WITH CHAPS OFFENCE.

Defensively, our DLine isn't controlling the LOS...this is going to be a problem as the game progresses.

I said it this week, with a different schedule we might have been 1-5 after this week.

How did things turn so quickly on the Leos.
I agreed with you and still agree with you!