A few thoughts on penalties....

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

jcalhoun wrote:And finally, the most amazing penalty stat of the team:

42 McKenzie, Anton 0 penalties
44 Bighill, Adam 1/10

That's frickin amazing.

Cheers,

James
Maybe not so surprising when you think about it. By nature LBs should draw fewer flags than the rest of the defensive positions.DL players are going to be susceptible to offsides. They are also most likely to draw roughing the passer calls. Secondary positions will of course pick up the bulk of PI calls and illegal contact fouls. It doesn't surprise me that McKenzie has 0 calls given the way he plays such and effective and disciplined game. Now Otis Floyd and Carl Kidd could skew that thought. I think Reddick leading the squad is a product of his role. He is the non-DL guy most often called upon to blitz. Seems to me most of the flags against him have been either for offside or roughing the passer.

I noticed last night a graphic that showed former Stamp Brandon Browner who plays a very aggressive game as the 2nd most penalized player in the NFL last year with 16 flags.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

jcalhoun wrote:
When we play in BC Place, our opponents have a total of 613 penalty yards, for an average of 102.2 yards per game.
Noise factor ? Time count violations ? Illegal procedures ? Offsides ?
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

TheLionKing wrote:
jcalhoun wrote:
When we play in BC Place, our opponents have a total of 613 penalty yards, for an average of 102.2 yards per game.
Bike lane violations.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Hambone wrote:
TheLionKing wrote:
jcalhoun wrote:
Bike lane violations.
Mayor Moonbeam's pet project
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Mayor Moonbeam--lol.
Coast Mountain Lion
Legend

Hambone wrote:
I noticed last night a graphic that showed former Stamp Brandon Browner who plays a very aggressive game as the 2nd most penalized player in the NFL last year with 16 flags.
Browner got away with an awful lot of dirty play when he played for the Stamps. Good on the NFL refs for catching up with him.