Which helmet decal do you prefer for the Lions?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Which helmet logo do you prefer for the club?

The traditional "roaring lion" head they have used (with subtle tweaks) since 1978
64%
The Indigenous logo
7%
The "BC" monogram logo (they wore today)
14%
Other
14%

Total votes: 14
David
Team Captain

Which black helmet decal would you prefer to see the Leos wear for most games?
Roar, You Lions, Roar
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Correct me if I'm wrong but the BC monogram worn yesterday has never been on helmets in the club's history only on sideline gear such as coaches' hats in the 1960s. I know it's on the uniform sleeve but I much prefer the traditional roaring Lion.
Qman
Champion

SammyGreene wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 5:31 am
Correct me if I'm wrong but the BC monogram worn yesterday has never been on helmets in the club's history only on sideline gear such as coaches' hats in the 1960s. I know it's on the uniform sleeve but I much prefer the traditional roaring Lion.
Wore it late last year.
It goes with new unis better.
David
Team Captain

I guess if they’re going to use the monogram decal full time it may grow on me in time, but I find it a little bland. The Hamilton Ti-Cats did something similar (TC) during the 1968 and 1969 seasons.

With our roaring lion, you instantly know when the team steps on the field that we are mountain lions. I guess they believe the roaring lion on the sleeve is enough; that helmet and sleeve is redundant. I guess I would prefer the sleeve to just have striping, the traditional logo on the helmets and either the "BC" or the paw on the pants.

Would prefer some helmet striping too.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

The new uniforms are a disaster all around, with dark orange numbers on black jerseys and no piping to distinguish them. From a distance you can't tell number 76 from 78, 66 from 69, 86 from 88 or 89, etc. The dark orange BC on black helmets is almost as bad, and has no design appeal.
Qman
Champion

These are best uniforms bc lions have ever had.
BC baseball lettering cleans up the look even more.
Roaring lion is on the sleeve

They are modern and easy sell
squishy35
Legend

Qman wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 11:52 am
These are best uniforms bc lions have ever had.
BC baseball lettering cleans up the look even more.
Roaring lion is on the sleeve

They are modern and easy sell
https://www.alamy.com/sept-11-2010-vanc ... 31298.html

I really liked these from 2010.
Last edited by squishy35 on Mon May 27, 2024 11:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
David
Team Captain

Agree Squishy. For me, those would be an awesome 3rd uniform. 1976/77 throwbacks.

Roar, You Lions, Roar
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

B.C.FAN wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 11:35 am
The new uniforms are a disaster all around, with dark orange numbers on black jerseys and no piping to distinguish them. From a distance you can't tell number 76 from 78, 66 from 69, 86 from 88 or 89, etc. The dark orange BC on black helmets is almost as bad, and has no design appeal.
My pet peeve is the way the numbers can scrunch up, especially on the backs. But that was a problem prior to the orange on black versions currently worn. I'm 15 rows behind the bench and making a scrunched up 93 look like it could be a 96, 98 or 99.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Isn't the current version the preferred version of Mrs. Doman? Amar no doubt knows full well "Happy Wife, Happy Life". What makes Mrs. Doman happy makes Amar happy. And what makes Amar happy works for me. Lol. :wink:
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Hambone wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 2:48 pm
Isn't the current version the preferred version of Mrs. Doman? Amar no doubt knows full well "Happy Wife, Happy Life". What makes Mrs. Doman happy makes Amar happy. And what makes Amar happy works for me. Lol. :wink:
I hate putting fashion over function. The gun metals looked nice but the black numbers were even more illegible than the current orange on black.
yukonlion
All Star

Not a fan of the new unis.. really prefer the home orange, and yes those throwback mid 76/77 are great.

We have a great logo, the bland BC letters and pretty boring helmets
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Call me old fashion but the best ever Lions unis were from the Joe Kapp and Willie Fleming era. Orange paws on a black helmet.
David
Team Captain

TheLionKing wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 3:23 pm
Call me old fashion but the best ever Lions unis were from the Joe Kapp and Willie Fleming era. Orange paws on a black helmet.
That was my "other" choice (e.g. paw, old roaring lion head etc.). :wink:

Roar, You Lions, Roar
Dusty
Champion

David wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 3:46 pm
TheLionKing wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 3:23 pm
That was my "other" choice (e.g. paw, old roaring lion head etc.). :wink:

That's my fav logo as well. I wish they would do that logo on t-shirts.... mine is getting threadbare.... needs replacement... hint, hint....