More = 22 (17.05%)

Less = 107 (82.95%)

hum... I think people seem to think they should be "more sexy" :lol:
:lol: Best poll on that site ever! :thup:
"I hope he enjoys Stornoway and I hope he's happy there for a long time"

-Prime Minister Harper on new Liberal Leader St?phane Dion
Shelion
Champion

Blue In BC wrote:Felions are a classy group of young ladies. Nothing sleezy in the least in either their costumes or dance routines.

Some media people need to get their heads out of their butts and find a real story.
:whs:
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

No surprise the letter is from a woman... women are the toughest critics of other women.

Stop hating on the Felions, Rhonda... I don't hear you complaining about the tight pants the players wear, now do I?
Charlene

It's true...women are beeotches :yes:
Christal

As a member of the dance team I must say that everyone is entitled to their own opinion but when it all boils down to it .. we are a bunch of intelligent ladies who work hard, very hard, inorder to entertain the cfls greatest fans. I read an article on the BC lions felions and cheerleading in general and this is what i found ..

"I coached the BC Lions cheer squads for three years on the condition that they run a cheer team and a dance team so people could learn the difference. In dance, you don't fly, you don't tumble, it's all about sex appeal. But I realized after three years, the clientele just wanted to drink beer and see cute girls," explains Liz Gigante who since started the Blues and Vancouver All-Star Cheer programs.

purrfect girls in the 1950s were pretty and sweet, often "wholesome," and now according to Anita Harris, purrfect girls have to be "sexy, smart, and successful." The fact that it changes is a key part of the "purrfect girl" phenomena. In her book Future Girl: Young Women in the Twenty-First Century, she argues girls have to adapt constantly (almost daily) to new definitions about perfection.

"If you don't want to instill in your daughter that the way she looks matters, then you need to take her out of society and throw her on an island. It's not cheerleading that's doing that, it's going to school, it's watching TV, it's music videos."

I think that fans need to look at the larger picture instead of ripping into a group of hard working, skillfull, sexy and intelligent ladies.
Rammer
Team Captain

Here, here!

Very well thought out, and informative reply to a touchy matter for Rhonda. :beer:
Entertainment value = an all time low
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Besides, if you want to take a Felion home (in a way) buy a copy of their fine calendar. 8)
b_raunchy

Interesting article on A19 of the Province criticizing the FeLions for being too sexy.
It's just Feminism run rampant from this woman complaining!!!

Hot cheerleaders are a much a part of the game as beer, big hits, sportsaction, and the Gipper! It is why Football is the most popular sport in North America, and probably number one for male bonding!

Probably wants the BC Lions to provide "free" daycare at the games too! (ask me how I really feel when I read this article).

There are times in life when you have to put your foot down. I remember going to the games with my dad when I was 10 years old and half the time we would have the binoculars trained on the cheerleaders, passing them back and forth between us, analyzing which ones we thought were hot. It was a great father-son bonding experience!!! Made me really appreciate my dad's sense of humour and as I have grown up I speak to him like I would any close friend to this day and I think I turned out okay! 8) He also taught me a lot about football at the games too...and yes my mom was usually at those games, and yes they are still together today (more in love then ever). :oops:

Point is...boys will be boys! Boys like football! Boys like cheerleaders! Boys like bonding over cheerleaders and football!!! Boys in attendance hate T.V. timeouts...until the Cheerleaders come on the field! This is one of many entertainment factors that on the whole help sell tickets to the masses! Let them be! :beer: :beer:

Sexy cheerleaders do not ruin young boys! Besides the fact that they see it on TV all day anyways, if anything it makes them look forward to their twenties and gives them incentive to work hard, stay fit, and be successful so they can meet women of that calibre on day! Along the way in attaining the education and life experience to do so they will meet many other intelligent women of varied backgrounds. They learn to appreciate many aspects of the female and come out on top as well! The Game of Life explained by watching cheerleaders at a young age!!! :shock: Take your sons to game!!!
:lol:
P.S. - Edmonton does not have a "sexy dance" team per say I suspect because not many girls I know would like to wear sports bra's at Commonwealth in October! As it is I find almost all of their young ladies to be very attractive. :thup: :yes:
b_raunchy

May I also add that I have always found that Felions are a very professional dance squad and the hard work they put into their routines is quite evident!!!
As an aside, during my undergrad at UBC I knew/met three different students who were members of the Felions over my four years, and one former Eskimo's cheerleader. I am not exagerating when I say all of them were amongst the brightest students in their class and very active in extra-curricular activities on campus!!!
Charlene

b_raunchy wrote:
Interesting article on A19 of the Province criticizing the FeLions for being too sexy.
Boys like football!
Hey, don't forget about the girls that like football!
Photog
Legend

God. I Can't wait till the Felion auditions this weekend. :rockin:
The Official Has-Been.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Photog wrote:God. I Can't wait till the Felion auditions this weekend. :rockin:
Will you be taking photos of those auditions?
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

It's just Feminism run rampant from this woman complaining!!!
IMHO........just another insecure housewife, who's concerned that her hubby may be looking at the pretty girls.
Lloyd
Photog
Legend

Robbie wrote:Will you be taking photos of those auditions?
you bet. :thup:
The Official Has-Been.
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

Gee, now how did I know that drivel was written by a woman?

knowitall, go on and give your self a smack upside the head... just for old times sake. 8)