Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

way to go mattie. :rockin:
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
nelson95
Legend

Last years WDF usual spots were gone and the union member in me wouldn't cross at library so ended up a mile away in Impark alley lot, you know stinking of garbage etc. Its pouring rain, we're running late with a 3 month old in tow and the frickin machine won't give me a ticket. No Canadian cell phone and I'll be domned if I'm roaming ouit of country. Note in windshield no good, ticket when we get back.
I say *beep* it how can they track me down...
Fast forward spring this year, bill from NEW YORK company for $75!!!! :shock:
Luckily paid for parking with Mastercard, sent bill to NY, notghing heard since. Obviously this US company buys the tix owing from Impark and jacks it up 500%. Bastards. Hope it cost Impark in reverse charges. :x
Give the ball to LeeRoy!
giwiens
Starter
Location: you can know where I was or my direction of travel but not both

I talked to a guy I know who works for Impark at lots around BC Place/GM Place and he says he doesn't know of any policy or regulation that would not allow the use of BBQ's and/or tailgating.

You might just have gotten some guy on a power trip
Roar Lions Roar
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

giwiens wrote:I talked to a guy I know who works for Impark at lots around BC Place/GM Place and he says he doesn't know of any policy or regulation that would not allow the use of BBQ's and/or tailgating.

You might just have gotten some guy on a power trip
I would asked the guy to show it to me in writing.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
D
Team Captain

I would asked the guy to show it to me in writing.
and he would have marched you over to the NEW sign

ImPark Sucks
I own The Grey Cup! .com
giwiens
Starter

Hi KnowItAll

The guy I talked to who works for Impark does so occasionally and is a long-time aquaintence of mine. It was during casual conversation. He told me that the topic of tailgating is not something he was given instructions on.
Roar Lions Roar
LFITQ
Team Captain

giwiens wrote:Hi KnowItAll

The guy I talked to who works for Impark does so occasionally and is a long-time aquaintence of mine. It was during casual conversation. He told me that the topic of tailgating is not something he was given instructions on.
Ok tell him to patrol the lot when we have to tailgate at the West Airlock ...
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
giwiens
Starter

LFITQ wrote:
giwiens wrote:Hi KnowItAll

Ok tell him to patrol the lot when we have to tailgate at the West Airlock ...
Unfortuantly he doesn't get to pick which lot.
Roar Lions Roar
D
Team Captain

just a reminder ... Impark Sucks!
I own The Grey Cup! .com
Robbie
Hall of Famer

D wrote:just a reminder ... Impark Sucks!
:whs:
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Hey D, thanks for bumping this thread, I'd never seen it before...

Of course, my first thought is, if you buy a ticket for the space the BBQ is in, Impark really doesn't have anything else to complain about :)
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
D
Team Captain

I got a new PC and when I was moving files from the old to the new I found the original (Lionbackers) story on why Impark Suck .... this goes back to 2003
Tailgating in Van takes a twist?

I want to clarify that the following story should not reflect poorly on the BC Lions or BC Place Stadium as niether of them own the parking lot were the incident occured. It is however probably a prime example of what those two organizations have to deal with on regular basis when dealing with Impark.

So everything was going fine at the Tailgater, we were all pumped about the home opener and celabrating 50 years of BC Lions football .... business as usual with a little higher excitement level ..... I mean we have been in the same parking lot tailgating for over a year without any incidents when a small white car with 2 guys in it pulled up, the suit in the passenger seat jumps out and says that this is a parking lot and we can't BBQ here.

Well naturally I thought someone was pulling a joke and asked for some ID or a business card to prove that this guy actually worked for the parking lot company (Impark). He was unable to provide any but when the other guy got out of the car and had a radio I knew these two guys were for real. As he never had any ID and I'm not sure of his real name I will refer to him as Impark suit guy in this story. I asked Impark suit guy what the problem was in using a small portable propane BBQ in the parking lot was and he replied something to the effect that someone could trip on it burst into flames and they (Impark) would be liable.

I asked that they turn a blind eye for this game and that next game we would not bring the BBQ's but Impark suit guy said no, I then told him that if I couldn't BBQ I would like a refund and would park someplace else Impark suit guy agreed so I asked for a half hour to pack up and Impark suit guy said No you've got 10 minutes and that he (Impark suit guy) would refund my $10 when we were packed up and ready to go. Impark suit guy left while packed it up and tried to come up with a new plan .... were ready to go .... but I wasn't leaving till I got my money back because I can be a stubborn guy to .... especially when I feel that I'm in the right.

Anyway about 20 minutes go by when a security guard pulls up on a bike and says we can't BBQ. We aren't BBQing the BBQ's are packed up in our cars waiting to go to a new location. I explain the situation and Impark suit guy's promise of a refund and Winston (the security guy on the bike) does his best to do his job but must be trying to think of a better way to make a living because for this security call his job sucks.

About another 40 minutes go by and I tell Winston that I'm getting hungry, I suggest to Winston that he go over to the Impark clerk at the ticket vending booth and talk the clerk into giving my $10 back and I'll be on my way and that if he can't do so I'll be staying and firing up the BBQ.

So Winston goes to talk to the clerk and I come over a few minutes later, I offer the clerk my ticket and he says no refunds, I said just give me $10 and give this ticket to the next car that pulls in again he said no. I then told Winston that I would be firing up the BBQ immediately he said I couldn't and I said well you better get some help to stop me preferably Impark suit guy and went about setting up the BBQ. It was at this point that I became disapointed in some of my fellow tailgaters as they left, leaving only myself, 3rd down (Ritch) and a homeless guy who had just showed up. We have fed this homeless guy in the past and you can be sure that if this was the last time I got to tailgate he would get fed. Thanks for staying Ritch it's nice to know that I'm not the only stubborn guy out there!

Winston the security guy on the Bike observed our BBQing from a distance while talking on his radio but nobody ever did come back to give us a refund or shut us down and soon more Tailgaters from last year began to show up and once again it was business as usual.

The Impark suit guy knows about this website http://www.Lionbackers.com and http://www.13thman.com and was invited to reply as I told him I would be telling this story, will he reply? I don't know but if he is reading this our plan is to be back tailgating in the same location at the next home game on July 4th if there is a better nearby location that you would prefer we tailgate at please let me know.

And for anyone else reading this I urge you to join us if you can because if WE don't make a stand now it will likely be that last tailgater. Is Vancouver a No Fun City? Are we worthy of hosting the Olympics? Come out to the tailgater at the next home game July 4th to find out ... we usually set up about 5:30.

If Impark wants to play the part of Bully again that's fine but this time hopefully a few more will show up and this time Impark will have more than the little guy to push around.

Regards

D

Tailgater Tips
Please use the washroom before you get to the tailgater as there are no washrooms on site (Impark people 1 Johnny on the spot would be nice)

Please bring a bag big enough to take your garbage away with you as there are no garbage cans on site (Impark people a garbage can wouldn't hurt either) and nobody likes a litterbug.

This is a family freindly event but if you must bring beer please use a plastic cup and bring cans rather than bottles. Cans don't leave broken glass in the parking lot and the homeless people are happy to take them away.

If your bringing a BBQ please make it a propane BBQ as disposal of hot Charcoal is messy and a safety hazard.

If your new to tailgating and wonder what we do ... expect to develop friendships with other Football Fans, BS about the game, BBQ some food and toss a ball around .... where is the harm in any of that? Especially for a team that is struggling for more support in a city that is trying to shake a no fun image
I own The Grey Cup! .com
D
Team Captain

and another horror story with those impark asshats
I would encourage all of you to boycott ImPark (Imperial Parking Ltd.) not only at the games but ALL THE TIME! I am sure that you all have your own ImPark horror stories let me and I encourage you all to post them here in the Pub Section of the Roar Room.

I'm sure you have had run ins with these ImPark creeps in the past but let me outline the 2 I/we have had so far this football season.

First
The Fan Fest. May 18th .... upon arriving at the parking lot to tailgate prior to Fan Fest we found out that Impark had jacked up the rates for this special event to $10. However there was no attendant on duty and the machine only took Toonies! No Credit Cards no Loonie just Toonies. Naturally not everyone walks around with $10 in Toonies, So anyway after fan fest we come out and find $40 tickets on our vehicles ... can you say cash grab?

The following Monday I call them up and speak to a woman named Van Jackson altho she wasn't very friendly she did agree to tear up the tickets if we sent in the $10 parking fee right away, which I did. So 3 months pass and I recieve a Final Notice before Collection in the amount of $69.55. So I call the number on the ticket to explain the situation and speak to a woman named Collen Jones who is extremely rude, won't even let me explain the story or pass me on to a supervisor. Well due to the next ImPark fiasco and tailgating at the home opener I happen to have the card for Gregory Pinch Area manager for district 9 the matter is now in his hands and awaiting resolution, I will keep you advised on the outcome
and more from an old thread

Posted: 20 May 2003 09:40 am Post subject: Impark Tickets

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
D
For those who have sent me your plate numbers regarding Violation notices from Fanfest

Please either mail them a $10 cheque Immediately or callem up and give them your Visa for $10.

Your license plate numbers have been noted and the Violation amount reduced to the original (OVERPRICED) parking fee of $10 if you act right away

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
footy
Impark are crooks ...Park anywhere else outside stadium zone that Impark manages.

Boycot these crooks

D
So guess who just got an invoice of "final notice before collection" for $69.55 ... these people are A holes and Morons ... not to mention rude ... I will be boycotting Impark and sonn be writing something on this site to encourage you all to do the same ... regardless of the outcome with this ticket

Which means that we are looking for a new Tailgate location ... any ideas?

OrangeShoes99
Yeah I have an idea...call Bobby Ackles and get him to work on something for us. We're all ticket holder's so to speak and I am sure he'll look into something.

Lions Fan in the Queue
Yep I just got a notice as well.

Bastards. I know I'll be firing off a nasty letter to the City, the Lions, and BC Place.

Apparently they never bothered to cash the cheq I sent. That is how they got us.

footy
I avoid any and all Impark spots I can in fact if you don't mind walking about 10 minutes you can find cheaper parking outside the stadium.

Lions Fan in the Queue
I also just noticed the Lions have removed their e-mail info from their website.

Anyone got it so I can send off a blistering e-mail??
This issue is now pissing me off more than Dan Russell!

D
Ken This is not the Lions or BC place ... it is Imperial parking ... the Lions and BC Place are stuck dealing with these A holes just like us.
You also have to know that IMPARK doesn't necessarily own the land. They are a management organization that runs it for someone else.
Lions Fan in the Queue
It might be interesting to know who actually owns it. If BC Place, Lions and surrounding businesses know that their business is being hurt by IMPARK management they could put possible pressure on the city to have it dealt with accordingly.

Also - we do have laws in Canada about monopolies os there could be an avenue that way too.

D
I have just recieved a call from Van Jackson if you are still dealing with this BS

send her a cheque .... AGAIN!
make note of your violation # or license plate number
and send it to
Impark
PO Box 3590
Station Terminal
Vancouver BC
V6B 6P3
Attn. Van Jackson

D
I wonder who legislates thier abilty to charge the rates they do?
The regular price of the lot is maybe $5 for a day but a hockey game comes around and they charge as much as $25 .... if there is an earthquake 7/11 isn't allowed to charge $25 for a jug of milk so what gives?

Impark tickets - May 18, 2003

Lions Fan in the Queue
I know - just what we needed - another thread for this.

However, I sent an e-mail to City Council voicing my concerns over this. So far I have rec'd 3 replys. One reply is from the Vehicle for Hire Inspector who wants to look into this situation.

I have forwarded my information to her.

I was wondering who else took advantage of the deal D setup with Impark to pay the $10 fine who have also now received secondary bills of non-payment? There could be a group action here that could really strengthen our position.

So please PM me or post here if you were also one that got the initial ticket - sent in the $10 and have now received a further bill for this.

bc49
Yeah I got a little something in the mail from the fanfest depsite complying with the $10 cheque in the mail.
Not gonna pay it.
I expect a phone call in a month or so from the 'collection agency' which I believe is an in-house department of Impark. Seriously they have way too many outstanding tickets to warrent contracting out their dead beat accounts.
Looking forward to the phone call and telling this guy what to do with his ticket. I'll also throw in something about how proud his parents must be about his chosen line of work.

Nothing Impark can do about you not paying the bill. They will tow your car if you get another ticket and your plate number is red flagged on the system but beyond that they are powerless.

I will have no problem staying the hell away from Imperial Parking managed lots from now on.

Lionut
Your instincts are correct, Tommy -- that "City Collection Agency", with the name chosen to deceitfully imply a connection with the City of Vancouver, is just a department of Impark. I'm not a lawyer, but perhaps the reason why they don't contract this job out to collection agencies is that their "tickets" would never stand up in a court of law. It would be interesting to find out if ImPark has ever made any of their "tickets" stick in small debts court. Somehow I'm betting the answer is no...

docbeer
Quote: Looking forward to the phone call and telling this guy what to do with his ticket.

I feel your pain bc49...but don't take it out the person making the phone call...he/she doesn't make the rules...it's the same as getting ticked off at the person who sells you auto insurance - they don't set the rates...

eleventh_yard

A bank officer told me that amounts under $50 (or was it $100? I forget) cannot ;egally be subject to collections, so whenever she gets a traffic ticket she just rips 'em up. If they show up at the credit bureau you can just have 'em removed from the record.

Yes, that was in BC - Vancouver, in fact.

Remember kids .... Impark Sucks!!!
I own The Grey Cup! .com
Rammer
Team Captain

Continue to hold that torch Derek. :rockin:
Entertainment value = an all time low
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

You might be interested to now that Easy park rates have also gone up. I parked there a few weeks ago and paid for the same time i would for a Lions game, and it cost me 17.00 instead of the usual 10-11. bucks or whatever it was...

They're ALL dicks.
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.