logo/helmet history

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

jmc24
Rookie

Good day Lionbackers. Looking for some help from you guys today. When the Lions made the move to their new logo in 1978, was it the brown lion or the darker, almost black lion? I can't find any pics of them with a brown lion with brown and orange helmet stripes. Am I imagining this? Did they try it for a season? Has it always been the dark lion?
Thank you in advance.
Qman
Champion

Chocolate brown lion. Never was black 78-89
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Thus thread shows Lions’ helmets through the years, including the 1978-89 era.

viewtopic.php?t=29961
jmc24
Rookie

I have many game worn BC Lions helmets including one from the 80’s. When I bought this one ( from a reputable online collectable store ) it came advertised as game worn. It has all of the same padding , stickers etc as my fully authentic one. It was hard to tell from the online pics that the colour was different and when I looked at it when it arrived I started questioning it. If it is indeed fake, why would someone fake a BC Lions helmet ? No money there. The seller said that he got it from an estate sale with dozens of other helmets from the NCAA, USFL, XFL etc but couldn’t explain why the colour was off. He said he’d take it back no charge but I thought I’d see if any of you guys know more than I could find. There are a lot of knowledgeable guys here and was hoping to get some answers. The one guy who would know , and was a friend of mine , isn’t here with us anymore.
Here are pics
IMG_7346.jpeg
IMG_7345.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
David
Team Captain

The one on the left looks legit. Their colour scheme was burnt orange and brown.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Qman
Champion

jmc24 wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2023 12:37 pm
I have many game worn BC Lions helmets including one from the 80’s. When I bought this one ( from a reputable online collectable store ) it came advertised as game worn. It has all of the same padding , stickers etc as my fully authentic one. It was hard to tell from the online pics that the colour was different and when I looked at it when it arrived I started questioning it. If it is indeed fake, why would someone fake a BC Lions helmet ? No money there. The seller said that he got it from an estate sale with dozens of other helmets from the NCAA, USFL, XFL etc but couldn’t explain why the colour was off. He said he’d take it back no charge but I thought I’d see if any of you guys know more than I could find. There are a lot of knowledgeable guys here and was hoping to get some answers. The one guy who would know , and was a friend of mine , isn’t here with us anymore.
Here are pics IMG_7346.jpegIMG_7345.jpeg
For me the on left is real. The brown is chocolate (almost black). The white has faded to cream.

On on the right looks like it’s been painted over, see the metal clips. Brown is really off.