Lions retain entire coaching staff

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

David
Team Captain

From a continuity aspect this is good I suppose, but bringing back our ST Coordinator for the 3rd straight year shows me they're not serious about getting better in this aspect of the club.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Yeah, the ST coach is suspect but the rest of the coaching staff have not been coaching for all that long but are doing really well.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I see that video coordinator Derek Oswalt has been given the added title of special teams assistant. It’s not much but any additional input in game planning and coaching can’t hurt.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Dan Yanosky must have some incriminating films in Campbell
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

I think that teams are looking at the stability in WPG and CAL these days.

That's definitely the message that Ryan Dinwiddie gave in interviews GC week.

STs get better once they brought in a decent kick returner.

On offence, there were times I thought their OC was just calling plays versus actually having a purpose to the call.
I'd like to see more run ability and more packages that fit a back up even if Rourke is back.

For the life of me, I never understood the CFL going down to two QBs only to have to reverse it as some times use that back up as good development.
Bombers use 3 per game. At times they'd be calling Brown at QB but it was quickly reversed as it'd be Prukop or maybe it was the other way around. So it'd look like a short-yardage run but the QB in there would be passing as it wasn't the run guy.

With Nathan Rourke at the helm until he got hurt the fans could have called the plays.

Same crew coaching should give them time to address issues that weren't working for them in all 3 phases and that can be a good thing if done well.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy