Lions vs Elks Oct 21

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Strange third and 10 swing pass by the Elks results in a turnover when they could have cut the Lions’ lead to 14. We’ll take it.
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

Good game. But Adams still doesn't have it. Spurts, but no consistency.

Hold on until the kid comes back
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Isn't it a penalty to motion for a penalty?
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Secondary is going to have to be much much better in a couple of weeks
Coast Mountain Lion
Legend

Good drive by Edmonton but they've taken four minutes of clock time they don't have.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Edmonton's home losing streak continues. BC's winless streak at Commonwealth ends
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

West Semifinal Nov. 6 at B.C. Place. See you there.
Gridiron Ernie
Champion

B.C.FAN wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:44 pm
West Semifinal Nov. 6 at B.C. Place. See you there.
Nice accomplishment! But that semifinal could be the end of the line for their GC quest if they don't clean up their act, i.e. a dozen penalties for over 100 yards!
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Stoked to be going to a playoff game for first time in 6 years. The makings of a great match up too especially if Rourke is ready to go.

Some interesting decisions on who plays and who doesn’t next week.
Walt67
Starter

SammyGreene wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:10 pm
Stoked to be going to a playoff game for first time in 6 years. The makings of a great match up too especially if Rourke is ready to go.

Some interesting decisions on who plays and who doesn’t next week.
There will be many of us in 1,000% agreement with you. While it means nothing in the standings, getting the timing back and knocking off the rest of the returning starters will make things interesting. Of course, all eyes of Cdn football fans will be watching to see how No. 12 looks, if he gets those limited reps as we are hearing.
I'm also happy for the new ownership that has injected cash, enthusiasm and professionalism into the entire operation and he deserves some reward. Go Lions!
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Email from the Lions after the game says season ticketholders have until Wednesday to secure their tickets before they go on sale to the public Thursday.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Butler made sure to mention in the post-game with Moj and Gulio last night he is playing for a new contract. At 27, can't see how they don't re-sign him with a decent raise. Kid runs hard and by all accounts is an excellent blocker.

Campbell says they will figure out what they are going to do with the roster next Friday. Rourke's work/progress in practice and the weather in Winnipeg will be deciding factors.
Gulio also pointing out not putting Rourke behind a potential makeshift offensive line if that's where the Lions decide to maybe rest a couple of starters which Campbell agreed with. Especially against the Bombers.
Tackles Figueroa and Perkins have been extremely durable, playing all 17 games. Same with Godber.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

OV:54-40 wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:22 pm
Jonestown has 11 Canadian starters listed on their depth chart; Jones has been giving shots to young Canadian players in his season long TC / experimenting. Wonder if any other CFL club saw Tre Ford getting to play QB for them ?
Based on last night I'm thinking anybody who did wasn't planning on making it happen so soon. Great wheels that he displayed a few times but overall showed that he is very, very raw as a QB prospect often missing his target on deeper balls by several yards.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Hambone wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:36 am
Jonestown has 11 Canadian starters listed on their depth chart; Jones has been giving shots to young Canadian players in his season long TC / experimenting. Wonder if any other CFL club saw Tre Ford getting to play QB for them ?
Based on last night I'm thinking anybody who did wasn't planning on making it happen so soon. Great wheels that he displayed a few times but overall showed that he is very, very raw as a QB prospect often missing his target on deeper balls by several yards.
Still, after Rourke and Maier, I think Cornelius and Ford are the next two best QB prospects right now in the CFL.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

DanoT wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:49 am
Hambone wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:36 am
Still, after Rourke and Maier, I think Cornelius and Ford are the next two best QB prospects right now in the CFL.
That might not be saying much. I thought Brown looked very good last week and in that come from behind effort early in the season when Collaros was put in concussion protocol. I'd put him ahead of Cornelius and Ford; Cornelius because of inconsistency and propensity for making big mistakes at the wrong time and Ford because it's just too early. He needs a lot more development time to get to where he needs to be. In terms of age Cornelius turned 27 in September. Brown and Ford turn 26 and 25 respectively in March.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.