Tim Bonner released

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

B.C.FAN
Team Captain

The Lions have released American DT Tim Bonner, signalling that free agent signing Woody Baron is likely to be activated this week after two stints on the 6-game injured list. Both play the 3-tech position. Bonner was a healthy scratch in the past two games as the Lions juggled the ratio and started Nathan Cherry at his position. Cherry had no stats in his two starts.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

B.C.FAN wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:08 am
The Lions have released American DT Tim Bonner, signalling that free agent signing Woody Baron is likely to be activated this week after two stints on the 6-game injured list. Both play the 3-tech position. Bonner was a healthy scratch in the past two games as the Lions juggled the ratio and started Nathan Cherry at his position. Cherry had no stats in his two starts.
I noticed Cherry in the game when Lions played a 4-3, with Cherry coming out when Lions played a 3-4 with Lokombo, Williams, Hladik in as Nats, and Rugamba as the American SAM LB.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

It will be interesting to see how they tweak their ratio again to get Baron onto the roster this week.
Chungh looks like he is returning and Pierson had a solid debut against the same opponent. Dare I say sit Norman and start 4 nationals on the o-line? That unit has played so well and I hate to mess too much with their success.
My preference would be dropping Josh Woods given they have plenty of national depth at LB
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

SammyGreene wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:17 pm
It will be interesting to see how they tweak their ratio again to get Baron onto the roster this week.
Chungh looks like he is returning and Pierson had a solid debut against the same opponent. Dare I say sit Norman and start 4 nationals on the o-line? That unit has played so well and I hate to mess too much with their success.
My preference would be dropping Josh Woods given they have plenty of national depth at LB
Lions are only starting 2 Nationals on the Oline, so sitting Norman and starting Pierson in his place means 3 Nats on the O line (Godber, Chungh, Pierson), plus Cottoy at receiver. That would allow Betts (backed up by Menard), Lokombo, Williams (backed up by Hladik) as the 7 starting Nationals.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

DanoT wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:12 pm
SammyGreene wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:17 pm
Lions are only starting 2 Nationals on the Oline, so sitting Norman and starting Pierson in his place means 3 Nats on the O line (Godber, Chungh, Pierson), plus Cottoy at receiver. That would allow Betts (backed up by Menard), Lokombo, Williams (backed up by Hladik) as the 7 starting Nationals.
Yes Danny, of course. It certainly has been a luxury having 3 American linemen and 4 American receivers. With Baron ready for his debut and potentially Richardson next month something has to give with our ratio without Rourke
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Sione Teuhema has been ruled out of Saturday’s rematch with a lower leg injury so that opens a rotational roster spot on the DL for Woody Baron but the Lions would have to juggle the ratio to start him, and their options on defence are limited unless they start Adrian Greene or Hakeem Johnson on the corner for Delvin Breaux, who is the 6-game injured list. TJ Lee and Jalon Edwards-Cooper were both full participants in practice Thursday so they should be available to start on Saturday. On offence, Sukh Chungh is listed as doubtful so Andrew Peirson will likely get his second straight start at right guard.
Qman
Champion

Looks like Richardson will be practicing by mid october according to Farhan, which adds more to why they released bonner
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Richardson’s debut in orange can’t come soon enough. Nose tackle Josh Banks was injured last night, and David Menard took a lot of reps inside with Woody Baron. Rick Campbell said after the game that he heard it “wasn’t a devastating injury” but hadn’t yet talked to the team doctors.
Pratzy
prospect

Richardson is out for the year. In hindsight, should we have kept Tim Bonner?
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Stove had a setback according to 3Down and is now on the backburner for the remainder of the season. They do still have Miles Fox on the PR.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.