Rourke to undergo surgery

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Coast Mountain Lion
Legend

bcbill1 wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:19 pm
I'm looking forward to seeing our new starter, O'Connor get his chance. I really hope all this talk about who is available and who should be brought in is just for fun. He's not Rouke, but not one of us knows how good he is or can be.
Go Micheal Go! Best of luck. I know most of us Lions fans believe you should get you chance. :cheer:
:whs:
Not many people expected Rourke to be as good as he's turned out to be, and so soon, though to be fair his experience coming up into the league a step or two up from O'Connor's.

O'Connor deserves his chance.
Dusty
Champion

Coast Mountain Lion wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:09 pm
bcbill1 wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:19 pm
I'm looking forward to seeing our new starter, O'Connor get his chance. I really hope all this talk about who is available and who should be brought in is just for fun. He's not Rouke, but not one of us knows how good he is or can be.
Go Micheal Go! Best of luck. I know most of us Lions fans believe you should get you chance. :cheer:
:whs:
Not many people expected Rourke to be as good as he's turned out to be, and so soon, though to be fair his experience coming up into the league a step or two up from O'Connor's.

O'Connor deserves his chance.
These posts sum up my feelings. Rourke has certainly exceeded my expectations, in fact he has likely exceeded my wishful thinking!! O'Connor should definitely get his chance to play and drive the offence.

I hope that the game plan is based on what this offence can do and not restricted like it was when he came in to play the game out after Rourke's injury. We will need more than runs into the line and short check-off passes to the running back to win tonight.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Dusty wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:57 am

I hope that the game plan is based on what this offence can do and not restricted like it was when he came in to play the game out after Rourke's injury. We will need more than runs into the line and short check-off passes to the running back to win tonight.
Obviously he enters this game in a vastly different situation than he previous cameo appearances. This time he has to go out and make things happen, generate offense and points. In his other action all he was asked to do was kill as much time as possible, protect the ball and otherwise simply make sure nothing bad happened.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
squishy35
Legend

Gridiron Ernie
Champion

3DownN update: a pic the Lions posted of Roarke now throwing the ball in practice, and wearing that snazzy 1954 cap!
Good to see. But please, please, please be careful, and don't rush things! https://3downnation.com/2022/10/11/b-c- ... t-surgery/