Lions v Tiger-Cats July 21

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

David
Team Captain

Looks like a couple of injuries will force some roster changes. DE Sione Teuhema has been ruled out with a shoulder injury, while WR Josh Pearson is listed a "doubtful" for Thursday's tilt with the Ti-Cats due to an ankle injury.

Bo, of course, is on the 6-game due to elbow surgery while LB Josh Woods, who was "limited" in practice Sunday due to a hamstring, has now been a full participant for two consecutive practices, which is encouraging.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

The Ti-Cats have Simoni Lawrence on the 6 Game IR and former Lion Lemar Durant due to come off the 6 Game IR.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

David wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:07 pm
Looks like a couple of injuries will force some roster changes. DE Sione Teuhema has been ruled out with a shoulder injury, while WR Josh Pearson is listed a "doubtful" for Thursday's tilt with the Ti-Cats due to an ankle injury.

Bo, of course, is on the 6-game due to elbow surgery while LB Josh Woods, who was "limited" in practice Sunday due to a hamstring, has now been a full participant for two consecutive practices, which is encouraging.

Thanks, David. I'm happy to see that Delvin Breaux was a full participant in practice on Tuesday. Here's a link to the injury report:
https://www.bclions.com/injuryreport/

I'm not sure who has been taking reps at WR in place of Pearson but I'd like to see Shai Ross get the start. He had 27 catches for 369 yards and 4 TDs as a part-time starter last year in Edmonton. That could allow the Lions to get an extra American on the roster at another position. Lucky Whitehead's ankle should be healthy enough to allow him to split the kick return duties with Ross.
David
Team Captain

Thanks, B.C. FAN. I left Delvin off my injury report as this seems like it will be a fairly consistent pattern this year, much like Michael Reilly last year. Keeping him off the practice field early in the week and letting him rest his elbow.

I would be happy to see what Shai Ross can do at WR (or Petermann). He has been a rather pleasant surprise on punt returns. That's two quality players we have been gifted from the Elks' scrap heap. He and Global defensive tackle Tibo Debaillie, who also looks very promising.

Roar, You Lions, Roar
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

DanoT wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:10 pm
The Ti-Cats have Simoni Lawrence on the 6 Game IR and former Lion Lemar Durant due to come off the 6 Game IR.
Hamilton's injury report indicates DB Carriel Brooks, LB Simoni Lawrence, LB Nic Cross, OL Kyle Saxelid, WR Lamar Durant, WR Papi White, WR Anthony Johnson and DL Mo Diallo are all out for the game. Brooks and Durant show as full participants for the first 2 days but out for the game. The rest are listed as DNP all week.

https://ticats.ca/article/tiger-cats-we ... ury-report

As small edit re: Durant. With their 5th game behind them Durant was eligible to return to practice this week which he did. His stint on the 6G was not to end until AFTER tonight's game.
Last edited by Hambone on Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

The Lions have listed Jacob Scarfone as starter ahead of Shai Ross at wide receiver in place of the injured Josh Pearson for Thursday's game. With rotational DE Sione Teuhema injured, rookie third-round draft pick Josh Archibald has been activated in his place and Miles Fox has been activated as a backup nose tackle. American LB Omar Fortt, who attended New York Jets and Miami Dolphins minicamps before joining the B.C. practice roster last month, has been activated as a backup and special teamer. Ben Hladik, as expected, will start at weakside linebacker in place of Bo Lokombo, who underwent elbow surgery this week and has been placed on the 6-game injured list. The changes give the Lions rotational flexibility with 8 national starters and 10 defensive linemen on the game roster

Lions roster and depth chart
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Heads up to those headed to B.C. Place tonight: I just got an email from the Lions stating that the roof will be closed “due to mechanical issues.”
David
Team Captain

B.C.FAN wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:54 pm
Heads up to those headed to B.C. Place tonight: I just got an email from the Lions stating that the roof will be closed “due to mechanical issues.”
Are you frickin' kidding me?!?!?!? :bang:

First, we get two Thursday night gobblers on the schedule in the dead of summer (Ottawa and Hamilton), now when the sun is finally out, BCP can't get their s*** together and have a functioning roof. They're not making it easy on Doman to restore the brand.

Roar, You Lions, Roar
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

How much did the taxpayers paid for this so called "retractable" roof ?? What a friggin joke. Is Buono calling the shots again ?
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

On the good news side the tailgate beer garden is at least 1/3 bigger than last game.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Not liking what I'm seeing
SammyGreene
Team Captain

That INT is on Whitehead.
Larry Key
Hall of Famer

Boring, playing into the Cat's hands
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

Better pull up our socks.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Granted they are missing Lokombo but the defence has regressed the last couple of games. Ridiculous they got into FG range from deep in their own end in the final minute of the half and when was the last time they produced a turnover?