Season opener: Lions vs. Elks June 11, 2022

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

B.C.FAN
Team Captain

The Lions released a 10-person injury list Tuesday on the first day of practice for Saturday's season opener against Edmonton. One bit of good news is that OL Noah Zerr, who has been hampered by an ankle injury through training camp and preseason, was listed as a full participant in practice.

Six other didn't participate, including QB Kevin Thompson and DL Steve Richardson, who are both expected to be moved to the 6-game injured list, and DL Woody Baron, who remains on the suspended list after missing camp with passport issues and an ankle injury. Three players were listed as limited participants, including David Knevel, who has been limited by a shoulder injury since Fan Fest. We should get a good idea in the next few days what the season-opening roster will look like.

https://www.bclions.com/injuryreport/
ziggy
Legend

Looks like a good turnout for the opening game. Be great if they can keep that up.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Upper deck open! First time since 2015 season I think. Well done Amar Doman! And just $20 (plus $9 in TM fees) to sit midfield up there is a helluva a bargain
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

SammyGreene wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:13 pm
Upper deck open! First time since 2015 season I think. Well done Amar Doman! And just $20 (plus $9 in TM fees) to sit midfield up there is a helluva a bargain
Great news. I noticed yesterday that the only group of seats in my section were the three right beside mine so I grabbed them for $55 total. My son and daughter-in law cancelled a weekend trip to bring their kids to their first game.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Apparently for the first time since 2015 they will be opening the upper deck.

https://3downnation.com/2022/06/08/lion ... s-sellout/
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Looks like Bif Naked is either replacing Steven Page or added to the lineup for the Backyard Block Party.

https://www.bclions.com/2022/05/30/big- ... dian-club/
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Hambone wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:31 pm
Looks like Bif Naked is either replacing Steven Page or added to the lineup for the Backyard Block Party.

https://www.bclions.com/2022/05/30/big- ... dian-club/
Bif Naked was added a few days ago after Steven Page tested positive for COVID.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

According to the Lions’ injury report, Delvin Breaux (elbow) didn’t practise Wednesday. Isaiah Guzylak-Messam returned but was limited. No other changes from Tuesday.
David
Team Captain

B.C.FAN wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:59 pm
According to the Lions’ injury report, Delvin Breaux (elbow) didn’t practise Wednesday. Isaiah Guzylak-Messam returned but was limited. No other changes from Tuesday.
Not sure what to read into this. Wasn't he on a "limited pitch count" at training camp? I didn't see him favouring his elbow during the preseason game so it may be a case of giving the star vet lots of rest (like we saw with Reilly last year). Guess we will know more tomorrow.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Apparently 5000 seats have been sold in upper deck already with more sections opening up.
At $20 & $10 for 17 and under they are exceptional value. Clearly Doman wants those seats to move as they were never priced that low when I sat up there for a number of years.
30,000 plus looking like a solid bet in what will be their biggest home game in years. No pressure Mr Rourke!
almo89
Legend

I was really surprised to see those upper deck seats go for 29 dollars a piece. That's pretty amazing value
dtrain
Starter

I would gladly swap my $50+ 15 yard line season ticket to sit upper bowl centre field at $20.
Dusty
Champion

Certainly the cost of those upper seats is attractive.... Knowing myself, if I sat upstairs where it feels like you can reach out and touch the big screen, I would likely end up watching the game on the screen instead of the field....and that's a first step on the slippery slope to staying home and watching home games on TV. I'll stick to my seats behind the bench and try as best as I can to watch only replays on the big screen...
Bosco
Team Captain

It will be surreal to be part of a 30K + crowd on Saturday. We've experienced far too many years of low attendance and quiet crowds. Kudos to Amar Doman!
SammyGreene
Team Captain

dtrain wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:18 am
I would gladly swap my $50+ 15 yard line season ticket to sit upper bowl centre field at $20.
:whs:

Can you imagine if they announced it’s open for the balance of the season at that price?

On 650 this morning Doman admitted they are subsidizing certain sections and certainly that is the case for the upper deck. Quite certain when interest swelled under Bob Ackles in mid-2000s he opened the upper deck for around $40 a seat regardless of the section. Here we are nearly 20 years later at half the price.

Doman also confident all 10,000 to 12,000 seats up top will be sold. No further sections will be opened due to too short of notice for BC Place regarding staffing and food supplies