CFL return to play 2021 Weeks 1-7

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

B.C.FAN
Team Captain

maxlion wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:54 pm
TheLionKing wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:58 pm
Elkimoes trade Trevor Harris to Montreal for Antonio Simmons

https://www.tsn.ca/trevor-harris-edmont ... -1.1707659
The only way that Edmonton's actions make any sense is if Harris was a problem in the dressing room. Which would not surprise me at all.

It also would not surprise me if Elizondo and/or Sunderland are causing problems in the morale of the organization. And these propositions are not mutually exclusive.
If the Elks fire Jaime Elizondo during the season, I would like to see Rick Campbell immediately bring him in as a consultant to scrutinize Jordan Maksymic’s offence. Campbell and Elizondo have a history from Ottawa but I don’t know if Campbell holds a grudge from the way Elizondo bolted for the XFL on the eve of the 2019 season.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

maxlion wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:54 pm
TheLionKing wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:58 pm
Elkimoes trade Trevor Harris to Montreal for Antonio Simmons

https://www.tsn.ca/trevor-harris-edmont ... -1.1707659
The only way that Edmonton's actions make any sense is if Harris was a problem in the dressing room. Which would not surprise me at all.

It also would not surprise me if Elizondo and/or Sunderland are causing problems in the morale of the organization. And these propositions are not mutually exclusive.
Trevor Harris was in the film room late night prepping for his last game with the Elks and he knew he wasn't playing that week. Taylor Cornelius was with Elizondo in the XFL under Trestman and the love started their. The TSN panel were jumping all over Elizondo's video clip that said Cornelius is NFL ready etc a few weeks before this during Harris' injury.

The chances of Elizondo working with Rick Campbell rank up there with the chances that Duron Carter coming back to BC after knocking Rick Campbell of the Redblacks on his butt. Campbell was on the field after the play and with both benches on the same side of the field Carter didn't change direction with his shoulder.

The question I have on both Elizondo and again with LaPo in Ottawa is if these guys are like Devone Claybrooks. Both brilliant as OCs and DC respectively but fail to grasp the role of the Head Coach is not the same job. For me these HC's calling plays are high risk as when things go bad as they often do, they're thinking a play call and not on top of what decisions they should be making. Khari and even Dave D. look shakey at times as they've got so much going on but OShea - not so much. Dinnwiddie is calling the Argo plays and he admits he's too high strung.

Rick Campbell is his own DC but Ryan Phillips calls the plays. Not sure how Campbell thinks but his team is questionable now.

O'Shea is a good example of HC understanding their role and what their involvement in a game should be and not be. He could easily be his own DC but look at his assistants in Richie Hall DC, Buck Pierce OC and Paul Boudreau a 5th year Wpg ST coach.

O'Shea eventually righted the Bomber ship and he'll exit only if he pulls a Bud Grant which is unlikely as he's Canadian. Luckily they gave him time.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy