CFL return to play 2021 Weeks 1-7

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

BC 1988
Legend

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/football/cfl/ ... ROG_sports
Ahead of this Saturday's BC-MTL game, the Als will be without HC Khari Jones. He is self isolating for 10 days after an asymptomatic positive COVID test. (He is fully vaccinated). No other positive tests on the team. Assistant head coach and running back coach Andre Bolduc will be in charge for the game.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

BC 1988 wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:03 am
https://www.cbc.ca/sports/football/cfl/ ... ROG_sports
Ahead of this Saturday's BC-MTL game, the Als will be without HC Khari Jones. He is self isolating for 10 days after an asymptomatic positive COVID test. (He is fully vaccinated). No other positive tests on the team. Assistant head coach and running back coach Andre Bolduc will be in charge for the game.
Does Khari Jones normally call the plays? If so, that would have a big impact if he is not there. I guess he will watch on TV and have some input via phone.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

DanoT wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:23 pm

Does Khari Jones normally call the plays?
He is the HC, OC and QBC so I would say yes he does.

I don't know that he could contribute much remotely given other than during half-time given that TV is often a few seconds delayed from live and there he would only see whatever views the TSN/RDS feeds show.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Coast Mountain Lion
Legend

And the Argos are bringing in that other Jones boy, who bailed on the Riders, didn't work out in Cleveland and apparently has been coaching high school in Tennessee. DC Glen Young and DB coach Josh Bell are on leave due to vaccinations issues (refusal?) so Chris is back as a Defensive Consultant.

https://www.tsn.ca/chris-jones-cfl-toro ... -1.1693076
BC 1988
Legend

EDM just announced Trevor Harris is on the 6 game injured list. For a short season, the QB injury toll is getting like 2019.
Gridiron Ernie
Champion

BC 1988 wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:00 pm
EDM just announced Trevor Harris is on the 6 game injured list. For a short season, the QB injury toll is getting like 2019.
Yikes! And 3 of their next 5 games are vs the Bombers (weird schedule). QB Dakota Prukop against Jefferson, Bighill & co, doesn't look promising. Winnipeg could use these games as steppingstones toward walking away with 1st place in the West. I may actually find myself cheering on the Elks -- strange world!
Gridiron Ernie
Champion

Gridiron Ernie wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:57 pm
BC 1988 wrote:
Yikes! And 3 of their next 5 games are vs the Bombers (weird schedule). QB Dakota Prukop against Jefferson, Bighill & co, doesn't look promising. Winnipeg could use these games as steppingstones toward walking away with 1st place in the West. I may actually find myself cheering on the Elks -- strange world!
Oh, I just saw this... not Prukop but Cornelius will be starting QB for Elks. https://3downnation.com/2021/09/16/elks ... or-harris/
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Gridiron Ernie wrote:
BC 1988 wrote:
Was really looking forward to this week’s games until learning Harris is being 6-gamed and Tiger Cats going with a 3rd stringer. Of course the Bombers have the Elks on their schedule 3 times in 5 weeks.
Everything falling Winnipeg’s way. Give them credit for taking advantage of a heavy loaded home schedule (4 of 6) but can’t wait to see how the Lions match up with them in a couple of weeks here.
They are 1-1 on the road and were a missed FG away from falling to Calgary at home. But yes will be very tough to catch if they sweep those Edmonton games.

Can the Argos win at Mosiac tonight? Riders are running out of home games with a 14 game schedule. Two left after tonight.

BC at Montreal should be the game of the week with two potentially potent offences. Lions win would give them big momentum heading into their Wild West homestand.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Gridiron Ernie wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:07 pm
Gridiron Ernie wrote:
BC 1988 wrote:
Oh, I just saw this... not Prukop but Cornelius will be starting QB for Elks. https://3downnation.com/2021/09/16/elks ... or-harris/
Like many I instantly assumed Prukop would start. Then I took a closer look. Cornelius has been #2 to Harris in Edmonton since training camp. Saturday marks the first game Prukop will get to suit up for this season.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

In the first of Friday Night doubleheader, Hamilton defeated Calgary 23-17 to even their season record to 3-3. Calgary's record drops to 2-5. First half was a defensive snooze with only 9 points scored. Bo Levi Mitchell appears to be still suffering the effects of his injury.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Yeah. He doesn't appear to be an asset right now. If it is injury related, he is better off taking the no.2 position while helping out the young guy.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

RedBlacks lose their 5th game in a row 24-7 defeat to the Hamilton Ti-Cats. Both Ottawa quarterbacks were injured in the game. Nate Behar had to fill in for a few plays.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

What an amazing conclusion to this afternoon game between Montreal and Hamilton. Trailing 17-13 with a minute to go, Hamilton converted a 3rd down and 20 yards to take a 20-17 lead. Montreal responded with a 55 yard field goal into the wind to tie the game with seconds remaining. In overtime, Hamilton had the ball first and was mounting a drive deep in Montreal territory when they fumbled. Alouettes recovered and kicked a 36 yard field goal for the win.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Elkimoes trade Trevor Harris to Montreal for Antonio Simmons

https://www.tsn.ca/trevor-harris-edmont ... -1.1707659
maxlion
Legend

TheLionKing wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:58 pm
Elkimoes trade Trevor Harris to Montreal for Antonio Simmons

https://www.tsn.ca/trevor-harris-edmont ... -1.1707659
The only way that Edmonton's actions make any sense is if Harris was a problem in the dressing room. Which would not surprise me at all.

It also would not surprise me if Elizondo and/or Sunderland are causing problems in the morale of the organization. And these propositions are not mutually exclusive.