Stampeders @ Lions June 7, 2019 - Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

B.C.FAN
Team Captain

The Lions have released their roster and position chart for the second preseason game Friday against Calgary. (Note: All positions are listed numerically, rather than by depth.) It looks like SB Lemar Durant, RT David Foucault and QB Ricky Lloyd (concussion protocol) won't play. Jevon Cottoy will likely get a long look at Durant's position.

On defence, all projected starters are in the lineup. Adam Konar is listed at WILL, where Maleki Harris has been taking first-team reps throughout camp. Jordan Herdman-Reed is at MAC, where he has taken first-team reps. Isaiah Guzylak-Messam is one of three players listed at safety, along with projected starter Keon Lyn and rookie Carson Ketter. Guzylak-Messam lost his first-team reps at field corner after struggling in the first two days of camp.

Lions position chart and game roster
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Thanks for posting, BCFAN.

The defensive lineup looks good.

As noted this fan thinks our receivers, aside from Burnham and Carter, are somewhat unproven.

Same with Jarious' RPO offence. We will see if the Stampeders seem to anticipate our plays, reading from the playbook. Hopefully not.

Just imo ...

2019-06-06_1621_001.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
David
Team Captain

I am guessing that Reilly will play a half. With Lloyd still out, it leaves us painfully thin at QB in a game the organization wants to win. Apodaca and Kraemer (who's had one week to learn a very complicated offence are the back-ups).

Thanks to Ambrosie's vision of starting the season early, we will be going head-to-head with the NBA finals. Thanks for nothing!

Positions I'll be looking out for:

1) DE (if we don't get good pressure opposite Willis....yikes!)
2) Safety (don't rule out Ketter!)
3) RT (is it just me, or is there a bit of pressure on Boyko to show something given our cap space and cheaper alternatives? Doubt he goes on the PR)

Also want to see if Augustin and Bundy show anything.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

David wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:56 pm
I am guessing that Reilly will play a half. With Lloyd still out, it leaves us painfully thin at QB in a game the organization wants to win. Apodaca and Kraemer (who's had one week to learn a very complicated offence are the back-ups).

Thanks to Ambrosie's vision of starting the season early, we will be going head-to-head with the NBA finals. Thanks for nothing!

3) RT (is it just me, or is there a bit of pressure on Boyko to show something given our cap space and cheaper alternatives? Doubt he goes on the PR)

what is this nba you speak of??
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Stampeders will only suit up 7 of their projected season-opening starters although Mitchell is supposedly one of them. 4 starters in the secondary also being left back in Calgary so the BC 1st unit offence better move the football.
The_Pauser
Legend

David wrote:

Going H2H with the NBA finals and the Stanley Cup finals is something I warned Ambrosie about at one of those town halls a year ago. For a pre-season game it's not too much of a deal since a lot of people don't go anyway, but if they start the season any earlier this could easily be a regular season game that takes a hit.
Roar you Lions roar!
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Reminder to those watching at home or setting their PVRs, as I just did: Tonight's game is on TSN2. The Raptors are on all the other TSN channels.
OK14
prospect

David wrote:
On that note, I heard through the Esksfans grapevine that the Lions have allegedly signed former Edmonton and Ottawa QB Danny O'Brien. Can't find an official Twitter link, but it came from one of the most connected posters on the site.
Esks fan with a soft spot for B.C.
David
Team Captain

Have a free extra pair of tickets for tonight's game (good seats too). Section 239, Row AA. Can meet you at Terry Fox plaza. PM me if interested. Thanks.

Roar, You Lions, Roar
CardiacKid
Legend

David wrote:

Bit of a long shot but I wouldn’t be shocked if Boyko finds himself on the outside looking in when the season starts. I expect the team thought he would be show better during pre-season.

I am glad the team picked up O’Brien. We now have a potential backup who has completed a pass in a pro ball game setting.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I hope to focus on the O-line play tonight from my seats in the end zone. I expect Boyko to be kept on the roster as the seventh O-lineman and given time to develop. There isn’t much option behind him unless the Lions keep international tackle Cassidy Curtis, who could start if the Lions opted not to go with four nationals.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

The Lions have their entire No. 1 defence and offence in uniform tonight except SB Lemar Durant. Jevon Cottoy will take his place. The Stamps are playing a lot of rookies and backups.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

It's sunny out and guess what ? The roof is closed
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

TheLionKing wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:46 pm
It's sunny out and guess what ? The roof is closed
It was pouring rain when I left home. This is pretty typical unsettled weather for this time of year.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Excellent return by Rutley