Leos Name New Club President

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Huge Talent
Starter

Qman wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 5:38 pm
Huge Talent wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 9:35 am
Encouraging to hear about the roof. Pure insanity to close it in any decent weather.

Too bad about the smugness from our sports media. I thought their job was to help promote our teams, not belittle them.

I'm at the older end of the millennial spectrum. I think the beach party concept is intriguing. Yes, it might flop, but at least they're trying. Sounds like it could be a good time, social, more than just "the game."

Attendance issues aren't unique to the Lions. Caps games are looking half empty these days (having a lousy team doesn't help), and even the Canucks are having challenges through the rebuild. I point to the Canadians as the current benchmark. I think the affordability, outdoor, and social aspects are the key, all of which the Leos seem to be addressing.
canadians games are half empty too ... although those are true no shows; tickets are so cheap, people only show up to 1/3rd of the games leaving alot of seats empty while worst seats are filled
They have implement electronic ticketing for 2018, which will have a big impact on filling those premium sth seats. Sth's can now list their seats right on the C's website. Before, it was prohibitively a hassle unload tickets, and not many people can go 4 or 8 straight nights.

Regardless, they sell out most games, and that's what matters. And as you said, they are cheap. This is where the Lions need to be for those less desirable seats/sections. Demand for entertainment is elastic to price, especially for the critical "casual" segment.
Honour Dewalt
Champion

The beach party theme sounds like something they've tried before. It's different, but didn't they do a backyard BBQ theme in one section with the concourse decorated. It only works if people actually do it. Nothing looks more pathetic than when they are trying to portray a party when there's nobody there. They should really push those tickets to make sure the atmosphere is there. "Beach Party" is a strange angle though.

And if that's true about the roof, there's nobody happier than me.