2016 CFL Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

maxlion
Legend

I hope Khari Jones is paying attention to Chris Williams' performance. Rainey could be a similar receiving threat.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

AC Leonard from H-back to a sack machine. Who knew?
CardiacKid
Legend

maxlion wrote:I hope Khari Jones is paying attention to Chris Williams' performance. Rainey could be a similar receiving threat.
Speed kills......
CardiacKid
Legend

Not sure what to make of this Rider team....the way the roster is currently assembled, I can't believe Jones will stand pat on his personnel. Sean Lemon apparently played on 4 series all game...it looked as though Capicciotti was standing on the sidelines for a big chunk of the 4th quarter. So many guys have been converted from one side of the ball to the other, the operative term that comes to mind is "FrankenTeam".

Steele was a huge part of the Rider offence, along with Roosevelt. Now that other teams now have film on the Jones Riders, I would think teams will key on both of them; Roosevelt the big play, deep threat with 113 yds receiving while Steele had a combined 115 yards. Durant was not particularly mobile and barely attempted running out of the pocket; Ray had more yards rushing....and Durant was visibly limping at the end. If some or all of those 3 are gone from the lineup, in particular Durant....the Riders are in a heap of trouble.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

maxlion wrote:I hope Khari Jones is paying attention to Chris Williams' performance. Rainey could be a similar receiving threat.
I heard that the Lions have a few packages for Rainey on offence.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I guess with tonight's loss, the Riders are guaranteed to move up a few notches in the Power Rankings. :wink:
pennw
Legend

TheLionKing wrote:I guess with tonight's loss, the Riders are guaranteed to move up a few notches in the Power Rankings. :wink:
Why not ? Losing did help vault both the Esks and Stamps ahead of BC in week one on some power rankings after all . If not playing helps , maybe losing helps even more . Continuing on from last year BC is only 8-11 still and needs a bunch more wins to catch the Stamps or Esks , why can't people figure this out ?
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Duron Carter showed us, despite his ability, why he is not in the NFL...he is not a pro. His NFL hall of fame father was also very immature early in his career so the apple falls close to the tree.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Six games into the season, road teams are 5-1. The Lions were the only home team to post a victory.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Riders have come to terms with their number 1 pick Josiah St. John.
pennw
Legend

Will BC's win keep them down behind the ESKS,Stamps and Riders in the power rankings this week ? After all , the experts back east all know that BC is no good and Hamilton actually just beat themselves , like the Stamps last week . nothing to do with BC's play of course .
BC 1988
Legend

B.C.FAN wrote:Six games into the season, road teams are 5-1. The Lions were the only home team to post a victory.
And now 10 games in, road teams are 8-2, with CGY the only other home winner.

I'm looking forward to seeing Chris Jones taking his heisted team back for a visit to the scene of the crime tonight. That was an entertaining (and revealing about his mindset) feature during halftime of the WPG-HAM broadcast last night.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

BC 1988 wrote:
B.C.FAN wrote:Six games into the season, road teams are 5-1. The Lions were the only home team to post a victory.

I'm looking forward to seeing Chris Jones taking his heisted team back for a visit to the scene of the crime tonight. That was an entertaining (and revealing about his mindset) feature during halftime of the WPG-HAM broadcast last night.
Three ex-Lions figure prominently in Chris Jones' defence in Saskatchewan. Ese Mrabure, beaten out of a depth roster spot in B.C. this year by Maxx Forde, starts at defensive tackle for the Riders. Converted tight end A.C. Leonard is listed as a backup DE, and starting DB Brandon McDonald is on his fourth CFL team after bouncing around five NFL teams.

On paper, the Riders are a team of misfits and castoffs. We'll see what Jones can do with them.
CardiacKid
Legend

B.C.FAN wrote:
BC 1988 wrote:

Three ex-Lions figure prominently in Chris Jones' defence in Saskatchewan. Ese Mrabure, beaten out of a depth roster spot in B.C. this year by Maxx Forde, starts at defensive tackle for the Riders. Converted tight end A.C. Leonard is listed as a backup DE, and starting DB Brandon McDonald is on his fourth CFL team after bouncing around five NFL teams.

On paper, the Riders are a team of misfits and castoffs. We'll see what Jones can do with them.
The Riders have the look of an expansion team with so many new and old faces showing up in their dressing room. And people call Dan Dorazio a "mad scientist"; he has nothing on Chris Jones. A former tight end in now a defensive end, a high school basketball player is on the d-line, a receiver taken in the supplemental draft is the starting safety...never mind that he has never played in the secondary, cuts from other team's training camps are Rider starters, quarterbacks so overweight they make Tommy Wilkinson look svelte. These Riders are a FrankenTeam and reminscient of Frankenstein's monster, I think they are going to be "ugly" this year. They are going to lose ugly, they are going to win ugly; little in the way of entertaining football, no care about what the stats say...they simply want to make sure they impose themselves physically and that their opponents spill more blood than they do.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

What a finish in tonight's game between the Stampeders and RedBlacks. Game tied at 20-20 and Ottawa is driving for the winning score and they fumble the ball on the Stampeder 1 yard line with 1:20 remaining on the clock. Calgary recovers. Ottawa kicks a field goal in the 1st overtime. Levi Mitchell threw an errant pass directly into the hands of Jermaine Robinson. Had he intercepted the ball it was game over. Instead, Calgary gets new life and kicks a field goal to tie it. Both team kicks a field goal in the second overtime and the game ends in a tie.