Lions Losses. Lions Gains in Free Agency

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Best wishes to Andrew Harris in his hometown of Winnipeg.
CardiacKid
Legend

Sol E restructured his contract; from 2 years to 1 and at less money. Hope that $ gets put to good use otherwise will Sol E be pissed?
Big Time
Champion

Sol E was going to be an FA who I thought was going to try to go to the NFL this year. His achilles injury probably ruined that chance. So instead he takes a one year deal to prove he can still play and hopefully get one last shot in the NFL next year. If it doesn't work out, he can probably continue playing in the CFL. Seems like a good move on his part.
CardiacKid
Legend

As reported by Mathew Scianitti....

Wasn't expecting a DB to be signed and his name wasn't really bandied about. Possible replacement for Johnson? Not really familiar with Stewart...could he play dime back?

[Threads popping up all over, duplicating. Let's post Lions' FA stuff here. -- Mod Staff]
CardiacKid
Legend

Chad Owens has changed the background of his twitter feed to a picture of a Lion. Not a Mountain Lion mind you but an African lion...

When he arrives with the Leos, someone will have to let him know so he updates it. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
CardiacKid
Legend

Nick Moore returns to the Lions with a one-year deal.
CardiacKid
Legend

John Hufnagel is channeling his old buddy Wally when it comes to the Blue Bombers splashing the cash around today. Reported on Scott Mitchell's twitter feed.

"Huff on Winnipeg Blue #Bombers activity today: “I’d say that’s a little surprising. How many years are they going to do it?”

Huff on #Bombers: “They didn’t sign any of their guys and they sign other people’s guys. I prefer to sign my own guys. That’s just me”

But in the context of recent years, Wally is going crazy today! Huff just might have to turn his critical gaze towards BC.....
CardiacKid
Legend

CardiacKid wrote:Nick Moore returns to the Lions with a one-year deal.
And Mike Edem.....

Still waiting on a defensive end but things still appeared stacked up on the defensive side of the ball, waiting on the log jam that is the pursuit of Ted Laurent's signature.

Also thought an offensive lineman would be potentially coming our way..either a starting centre or some National depth.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

CardiacKid wrote:As reported by Mathew Scianitti....

Wasn't expecting a DB to be signed and his name wasn't really bandied about. Possible replacement for Johnson? Not really familiar with Stewart...could he play dime back?

[Threads popping up all over, duplicating. Let's post Lions' FA stuff here. -- Mod Staff]
6'1" 200#. Also hails from Pacific northwest and Seattle. So a "local" kid.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Who is the genius who thought this was possible a couple of weeks ago?
Wonder if Wally entertains the idea of pursuing Nick Moore, especially if the Bombers are throwing big bucks at Dressler and potentially Harris too. He liked him enough 2 years ago to offer him $160,000 to stay in BC but he signed in Winnipeg for $20,000 more. Don't know if he is going to see that kind of offer this time around.

Does BC need another dynamic receiver? Would Moore and Manny in the slots be similar impact to Geroy and Bruce back in 2011? The ratio will play a part in it too, especially if Harris bolts.
A 1 year deal suggests Moore isn't seeing the same contract he got 2 years ago and it gives BC two dynamic slots. Not sure what this means for Collie and the ratio at receiver either.
cromartie
Hall of Famer

SammyGreene wrote:Who is the genius who thought this was possible a couple of weeks ago?
Wonder if Wally entertains the idea of pursuing Nick Moore, especially if the Bombers are throwing big bucks at Dressler and potentially Harris too. He liked him enough 2 years ago to offer him $160,000 to stay in BC but he signed in Winnipeg for $20,000 more. Don't know if he is going to see that kind of offer this time around.

Does BC need another dynamic receiver? Would Moore and Manny in the slots be similar impact to Geroy and Bruce back in 2011? The ratio will play a part in it too, especially if Harris bolts.
A 1 year deal suggests Moore isn't seeing the same contract he got 2 years ago and it gives BC two dynamic slots. Not sure what this means for Collie and the ratio at receiver either.
You forgot the car. The Blue Bombers gave him a car too. The car is what convinced Wally not to match the deal.

Not that I'm a big Nick Moore fan or anything.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

JohnnyMusso
Champion

I am happy Lions did something today. Hoping they sign a DE, Justin C is the name I read they are pursuing. Hope they sign him.
chwk_lionsfan
Rookie

call me crazy, but if have a feeling that Justin Capicciotti will sign tomorrow.