Bellefille to join Lions:

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

squishy35
Legend

Arash Madani ‎@ArashMadani

Per #CFL sources: The BC Lions are hiring Marcel Bellefeuille on their offensive coaching staff in 2016. He was Winnipeg's OC last season.

1:13 PM - 21 Dec 2015
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

He is experienced.

Khari and Marcel.

OC and Receivers Coach, in no particular order. I am guessing Marcel gets the OC, based on having more experience.

Hip hip hooray ... :yahoo:
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

The Wik ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Khari ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I suspect Bellefeuille will be the new Offensive Coordinator. Doubt he's leaving the OC position in Winnipeg to become the Receivers Coach.
The_Pauser
Legend

TheLionKing wrote:I suspect Bellefeuille will be the new Offensive Coordinator. Doubt he's leaving the OC position in Winnipeg to become the Receivers Coach.
So how long before you start harping on him as being another Buono loyalist?

Good hiring, no matter what role it is. If it means Jones is our OC, well as long as Bellefeuille is a part of the offensive game planning I'm sure it'll be OK.

Still would have liked to see someone fresh brought in to the league, but I'm not hating this move either.
Roar you Lions roar!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

The_Pauser wrote:
TheLionKing wrote:I suspect Bellefeuille will be the new Offensive Coordinator. Doubt he's leaving the OC position in Winnipeg to become the Receivers Coach.
So how long before you start harping on him as being another Buono loyalist?

Good hiring, no matter what role it is. If it means Jones is our OC, well as long as Bellefeuille is a part of the offensive game planning I'm sure it'll be OK.

Still would have liked to see someone fresh brought in to the league, but I'm not hating this move either.[/quot

We'll soon know won't we Pauser ?
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Solid. I'm ok with this.
longtimefan
Starter

Bombers fired him. Their offence was horrible and it wasn't because Paul LaPolice was available that he was fired. There were numerous calls for his head by sportswriters and fans in Winnipeg before the end of the season. Will he work out in B.C....well hopefully he does but don't be surprised if he doesn't.
JohnnyMusso
Champion

I am ok with this. Likely it will be a shared OC with him and Khari running the show. I think they brought him in to help Khari. Buono has limited options and so does Marcel.

Happy to make this post. Got out of the hospital today. I had a ruptured appendix and had surgery at 1.30 am Friday morning. Even little things like this I am grateful for.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

JohnnyMusso wrote:I am ok with this. Likely it will be a shared OC with him and Khari running the show. I think they brought him in to help Khari. Buono has limited options and so does Marcel.

Happy to make this post. Got out of the hospital today. I had a ruptured appendix and had surgery at 1.30 am Friday morning. Even little things like this I am grateful for.
Get well soon.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

JohnnyMusso wrote:
Wishing you a speedy recovery. Take it easy
Ravi
Legend

Bellefeuille was fired in Winnipeg; he did not leave willingly. His offences have a penchant for giving up a lot of sacks so hopefully that trend won't continue in B.C.
BC 1988
Legend

Ravi wrote:Bellefeuille was fired in Winnipeg; he did not leave willingly. His offences have a penchant for giving up a lot of sacks so hopefully that trend won't continue in B.C.
Exactly. Drew Willy has been a pinata for the past 2 seasons.
JohnnyMusso
Champion

Thanks for get well wishes. I feel much better today, about 60% recovered, but cannot work till New Year. After Christmas, we should hear more news. Looking for that ST coach now. Now that is crap shoot. No rumours at all who they are looking at.