Standings as of 20151108, End of Regular Season

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

CardiacKid
Legend

David wrote:What shocked me most about yesterday's game was how Montreal shredded Edmonton's front 7 rushing the football. They were continually gashed by Tyrell Sutton, who rushed for 135 yards (a 9.6 yard rushing average!). It shows you with the right blocking schemes and an explosive back, they can be exposed.

DH :cool:
Yes, shredded is the definitive word when it comes to the Als' success running the ball yesterday. I was particularly struck by how many yards Sutton managed to accumulate after the first contact by the Eskimoes...their tackling was not very authoritative. We will have to see if JC Sherrit is back or if the injury he picked up in that game is longer term.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Edmonton continues to do very, very well under the leadership of Chris Jones.

Calgary maintains its excellent work as an organization under the leadership of John Hufnagel.

B.C.? The slide down the slope continued and accelerated this year. We might have some hope going forward. This week's playoff game will shed some light on that. For the year we are 6th in points for, and 6th in points against. Record of 7 and 11.

Winnipeg. About as expected, methinks. A slow process to respectability.

Saskatchewan? Dunno. Was Chamblin the problem? Taman? Durant? Dunno. But a seemingly talented team fell apart from the get go.

Ottawa. Big surprise. Well done, Desjardins and Campbell. And Burris. :thup: :thup: :thup:

Hamilton. Doing well considering the QB injuries.

Toronto. Doing well considering the lack of stability with both ownership and facilities.

Montreal. ? Coaching upheaval. Dunno what is going on with that. I thought Higgins might be good there.

It seems to me that there is a kind of parity in the league. No one is all that high above the rest. No one is all that low beneath the rest. There is a huge supply of International talent available to those teams that can judge the talent. There is a huge supply of National talent available to those teams that do the best work evaluating, drafting and developing the talent.

With parity, the difference in results can be attributed to management and coaching. IMO ...

The league has upgraded some stadiums. Ottawa is doing extremely well in its second year. New ownership and a better stadium arrangement in Toronto. The bottom dwellers, Regina, Montreal, Winnipeg and Vancouver seem to have the potential to do better next year. Game on.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.