Who is this Dupsdell??

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

dawg3648
Rookie

OK, I've had it! Something needs to be done with this guy! Dupsdell has to go!!!

I am in complete agreement with Oman that this guy is a constant negative-spewing troll and I strongly feel he should be removed/blocked from this board. And whoever thinks that Oman and Dupsdell are one and the same give your head a shake...they are polar opposites.

A little background on this guy....yes, he was once "db120" on the Lions site for many years before he was finally removed for constantly being critical of attendance. He is a man utterly obsessed with attendance and attendance alone. When he is able to spell a coherent thought/sentence it will never be to talk about the team, players or coaches only ATTENDANCE. And with the recent dip at the turnstiles this year he is in all his glory.

Dupsdell is the same guy that used to hold up the "60,000" sign at Lions games during the playoff games against the Riders in the mid-2000's. Did I mention this guy is obsessed with attendance and has been for quite awhile?

These days??.... he doesn't even bother going to games, he just chirps out his trips to Seattle and the great NFL crowds. How was that exhibition game Friday night by the way? Did you even watch any of it? Or were you too busy finger counting the people in the stands?

I fully understand people have a right to speak their mind on this board but the line has to be drawn at some point for this type of individual who adds ZERO to this board and completely detracts from the main issues and topics of the team. And I'm sure,as Oman suggested, drive people away with his mind-numbing blather.

I'm sure I'm going to be scolded from a few of you for this post and his right to free-speech but I've been reading his inane chirping for months now and I'm completely fed up with it!

That's my two-bits, hope I have a few here in agreement.

Go Leos!

Cheers,

Dawg
dupsdell1
Champion

dawg3648 wrote:OK, I've had it! Something needs to be done with this guy! Dupsdell has to go!!!

I am in complete agreement with Oman that this guy is a constant negative-spewing troll and I strongly feel he should be removed/blocked from this board. And whoever thinks that Oman and Dupsdell are one and the same give your head a shake...they are polar opposites.

A little background on this guy....yes, he was once "db120" on the Lions site for many years before he was finally removed for constantly being critical of attendance. He is a man utterly obsessed with attendance and attendance alone. When he is able to spell a coherent thought/sentence it will never be to talk about the team, players or coaches only ATTENDANCE. And with the recent dip at the turnstiles this year he is in all his glory.

Dupsdell is the same guy that used to hold up the "60,000" sign at Lions games during the playoff games against the Riders in the mid-2000's. Did I mention this guy is obsessed with attendance and has been for quite awhile?

These days??.... he doesn't even bother going to games, he just chirps out his trips to Seattle and the great NFL crowds. How was that exhibition game Friday night by the way? Did you even watch any of it? Or were you too busy finger counting the people in the stands?

I fully understand people have a right to speak their mind on this board but the line has to be drawn at some point for this type of individual who adds ZERO to this board and completely detracts from the main issues and topics of the team. And I'm sure,as Oman suggested, drive people away with his mind-numbing blather.

That was not me holding up the 60,000 sighn I had season tickets then it was on the other side of bc place , and who are you to say we do not want him on here ,

I'm sure I'm going to be scolded from a few of you for this post and his right to free-speech but I've been reading his inane chirping for months now and I'm completely fed up with it!

That's my two-bits, hope I have a few here in agreement.

Go Leos!

Cheers,

Dawg
JohnHenry
Champion

dup is an very annoying illiterate twerp who should be permanently banned from posting on this forum. He stated last season he would no longer support or follow the Lions and would never attend a Lions game. He only posts his annoying drivel to annoy readers and chase away legitimate fans. If the moderator wants this forum to continue to operate, they need to ban dup immediately from posting on this site, please. :tp:
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

I want no poster cut... he's fine..

If we don't like his posts.. reply or ignore.... Sites fail when the witch hunts start.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Dusty
Champion

Toppy Vann wrote:I want no poster cut... he's fine..

If we don't like his posts.. reply or ignore.... Sites fail when the witch hunts start.
I don't find his posts interesting, so I do not read them. I'm sure some people could feel the same way about mine.... ignore him, ignore me.... so what....
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

I don't want to get into a war of words with any posters on this site. I also don't want to be part of a site that would ban a poster because some don't like the quality or subject matter of his posts. 1 trick pony or otherwise, I have seen this poster receive far more venom in return that anything he/she may have posted in recent times. I would hope that the threshold for banning someone would be far more significant that what I have witnessed. If there is a problem with this person's posts, I would expect that the Mod's or even D would try less extreme measures to correct whatever problems there may be before something like banning. There have been many posters over the years who have at one point or another been on the wrong side of popular because of an opinion that they held or their posting style. I trust the mods and the owner of this site completely when it comes to the topic of poster behaviour. One of it's strongest features has always been that this site is very reasonable with lots of good exchanges from a great variety of posters. If someone is having a problem with that (I'm not saying that is the case here), I would hope that as a community we can work together to engage the individual in more positive contributions rather than booting them out. It feels inappropriate to single out any one poster in this way, publicly in a thread.
Last edited by Sir Purrcival on Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Sir Purrcival wrote:
I don't want to get into a war of words with any posters on this site. I also don't want to be part of a site that would ban a poster because some don't like the quality or subject matter of his posts. 1 trick pony or otherwise, I have seen this poster receive far more venom in return that anything he/she may have posted in recent times. I would hope that the threshold for banning someone would be far more significant that what I have witnessed. If there is a problem with this person's posts, I would expect that the Mod's or even D would try less extreme measures to correct whatever problems there may be before something like banning. There have been many posters over the years who have at one point or another been on the wrong side of popular because of an opinion that they held or their posting style. I trust the mods and the owner of this site completely when it comes to the topic of poster behaviour. One of it's strongest features has always been that this site is very reasonable with lots of good exchanges from a great variety of posters. If someone is having a problem with that (I'm not saying that is the case here), I would hope that as a community we can work together to engage the individual in more positive contributions rather that booting them out. It feels inappropriate to single out any one poster in this way, publicly in a thread.
:thup: :thup:
dupsdell1
Champion

Toppy Vann wrote:
Sir Purrcival wrote:
I don't want to get into a war of words with any posters on this site. I also don't want to be part of a site that would ban a poster because some don't like the quality or subject matter of his posts. 1 trick pony or otherwise, I have seen this poster receive far more venom in return that anything he/she may have posted in recent times. I would hope that the threshold for banning someone would be far more significant that what I have witnessed. If there is a problem with this person's posts, I would expect that the Mod's or even D would try less extreme measures to correct whatever problems there may be before something like banning. There have been many posters over the years who have at one point or another been on the wrong side of popular because of an opinion that they held or their posting style. I trust the mods and the owner of this site completely when it comes to the topic of poster behaviour. One of it's strongest features has always been that this site is very reasonable with lots of good exchanges from a great variety of posters. If someone is having a problem with that (I'm not saying that is the case here), I would hope that as a community we can work together to engage the individual in more positive contributions rather that booting them out. It feels inappropriate to single out any one poster in this way, publicly in a thread.
:thup: :thup:

Thank you so much I am not trying annoy anyone I am sorry if I have offended anyone I just like to say what I feel.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

I have no problem with dupsdeli as long as he says on topic. This is a CFL/Lions forum, so no posting about Seahawks or Canucks.
dupsdell1
Champion

DanoT wrote:I have no problem with dupsdeli as long as he says on topic. This is a CFL/Lions forum, so no posting about Seahawks or Canucks.

Ok I will then sorry
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

DanoT wrote:I have no problem with dupsdeli as long as he says on topic. This is a CFL/Lions forum, so no posting about Seahawks or Canucks.
As long as he posts in the right threads for those topics I see no issue. We all stray from time to time.
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

Toppy Vann wrote:I want no poster cut... he's fine..

I gottta say I always read his/her stuff. It's fun.
David
Team Captain

Thanks for all of the feedback (especially Sir Purrcival for the thoughtful post). I can assure you that a Dupsdell banning has never been discussed among mods, at least to the best of my knowledge.

Negativity can get a bit much (ditto the single-minded attendance talk), but when I last checked that's not a banning offense. As long as we present our ideas in a respectful way on this site and don't attack others, we can all get along - and for the most part we do. :)

DH :cool:
(mod)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Robbie
Hall of Famer

dawg3648 wrote:A little background on this guy....yes, he was once "db120" on the Lions site
I believe you mean 120db. He may have also created aliases firstdown45 and chimpy.
dawg3648 wrote:for many years before he was finally removed for constantly being critical of attendance. He is a man utterly obsessed with attendance and attendance alone. When he is able to spell a coherent thought/sentence it will never be to talk about the team, players or coaches only ATTENDANCE.
Ummm......actually no. Repeating posts I've made before and recently, aside from attendance he would also create numerous threads about:

1. NOISE
2. When the Whitecaps were in the USL-1, their application to the MLS.
3. When the Whitecaps were in the USL-1, the attendance for the proposed exhibition game between David Beckham and the LA Galaxy.
4. The proposed Waterfront Stadium that the Whitecaps had contemplated.
5. The Lions bringing back Casey Printers.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
Lui05
Rookie

Thanks Robbie... as I was reading the Dupsdell posts in another thread, I was reminded (somewhat) of 120db but couldn't remember the alias. Ahhhh... memories. "Bring back Casey Printers" - I'd forgotten about that one too. I think getting his wish on that and seeing the horrendous results probably shut him up more than anything anybody here could have ever said.

But, I'm glad to hear Dupsdell will remain. I agree that nothing ban-worthy has ever come from him/her.
I went to a restaurant that serves "breakfast at any time". So I ordered French Toast during the Renaissance.

Steven Wright