B.C. Lions at Winnipeg July 30 - Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Bad pass. It could have worked. The wide sode recejvers are also open for short yardage butthe Lions seldom throw there.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

What's it going to take for Lulay's ass to be parked? Just a horrible throw again.
swervynmerv
Legend

TheLionKing wrote:Oh no ! Another 2nd and long
Is Tedford stupid? What a terrible call again! Did he not learn last week. It's only a seven point game, punt and pin them deep
The_Pauser
Legend

I think we need to think about pulling Lulay. He really isn't looking good and isn't moving the ball.
Roar you Lions roar!
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

sj-roc wrote:Back to back losses brings up a punt. It's a fake and it fails, BC ball on downs. Could be a momentum changer.
I had the same thought but WTF is going on.

I doubt the fake bomber punt was a coach decision. but some bad coaching errors on two teams here...lol

Why give bc 2 and 18 when u could leave it at 3rd down. Oh right O shea knew they'd blow it again.

This is becoming the Inept Bowl.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

Stupid stupid stupid call Tedford! Defense finally showing some life. Punt the ball and turn around the field position. Idiot call.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

7-minute edge in TOP and we're down by as many points. Because losing 3-1in the turnover battle.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
swervynmerv
Legend

The_Pauser wrote:I think we need to think about pulling Lulay. He really isn't looking good and isn't moving the ball.
I was just gonna say the same thing.

Oh look another conversion on second and long!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

3 man rush and quarterback draw for 1st down
The_Pauser
Legend

Of course we're going to give up a first down, we're backing the *frig* off the ball and back past the first down mark. What the hell
Roar you Lions roar!
swervynmerv
Legend

FG off the stupid gamble. Now a two score game! Way to go Jeff!
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Lirim H adds another chip shot, 20-10 BC.

We had 6 points in the final 44 minutes last week. At the rate we're going tonight it could be 3 in the final 51.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
The_Pauser
Legend

swervynmerv wrote:FG off the stupid gamble. Now a two score game! Way to go Jeff!
I don't disagree with the gamble, but Lulay has to be better.
Roar you Lions roar!
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Down by 10. We need Harris t step up his game even more. Looking like the Riders knew what they were doing dumping Cortez. Shocking he is up in the spotter's both and this is what he comes up with to attack defences.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

swervynmerv wrote:FG off the stupid gamble. Now a two score game! Way to go Jeff!
I said his explanation to the team was a sign he didn't get it was a bad call last week.

He didn't get the lesson learning from the last game.

He had to call TO early in the 1st Q as he sent out his punt team on a 1 yder. He needs to trust his OC but doesn't seem to on those calls.

Maybe BC has a talent issue.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy