Argos vs. Lions Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

dupsdell1 wrote:
swervynmerv wrote:2/2 converting turnovers by the offence!

This team isn't playing Chapball anymore! :cheer:

Yes Chapball is 0-3 :tease:
But he's an offensive genius
swervynmerv
Legend

Another bad defensive penalty costs us a TD against!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Damn
dupsdell1
Champion

TheLionKing wrote::thup: Damn

weak secondary that better get fixed
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Belize City Lion wrote:The Chap would have stopped using Harris after his first TD.
That seemed to be Wally's BC philosophy...lol.... Not when he had Flutie though.

If Argos hadn't scored there, the sounds in the East would have channel changing and tvs off.....
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
CardiacKid
Legend

all though a penalty kept that touchdown drive going, a great flow to the game with the flags at a minimum.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Good return by Owens nullified by a penalty
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Leone has to stop kicking just for distance. Owens is a good returner and he'll eventually break one if not. .

Good non flag fest. I was shocked in the OTT game that the non-catch was let go by Rick Campbell. Brutal non-challenge and he had a lot of time .

Re: 2015 All Things Lions Marketing & Promotions

Postby SammyGreene » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:13 pm
Smallest crowd I have see in here in years. Both upper rows of end zones as well as corners sitting basically empty.
Upper deck looks ugly on TV but only I am trying to see how they did it.. It's not really going to be seen.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
CTaylorIsABeast
prospect

Definitely think we'll win a cup or two under Tedford-Cortez. They're too good.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Lions should have called a timeout
dupsdell1
Champion

Toppy Vann wrote:Leone has to stop kicking just for distance. Owens is a good returner and he'll eventually break one if not. .

Good non flag fest. I was shocked in the OTT game that the non-catch was let go by Rick Campbell. Brutal non-challenge and he had a lot of time .

Re: 2015 All Things Lions Marketing & Promotions

Postby SammyGreene » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:13 pm
Smallest crowd I have see in here in years. Both upper rows of end zones as well as corners sitting basically empty.
Upper deck looks ugly on TV but only I am trying to see how they did it.. It's not really going to be seen.

actually I think it looks great the way they tarp off the upper deck on tv . from the whitecap games I have been too, when in the stadium you do not even notice the upper deck.
dupsdell1
Champion

It Is official just heard on 1040 halftime show 20,084 attendance tonight the last time that happened was 2002 , Moj is talking to the in stadium director for the lions , and he says they have a lot of work to do , he is not happy the way fans have not come out yet , but says it is early he thinks if the lions can win tonight then win in Winnipeg next week the Edmonton game a divisional rival could be over 25,000 once you get a very good crowed like that people will come back

this is going to take all year to get this fixed , the lions have a very good team this year but they priced out the average fan that use to go like my self and my kids , and I believe the event has to be big enough for a huge crowed to go any were
and right know there is still a big Waite and see attitude. be prepared that we might only be getting 20-25 k this year and go from there.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Lions penalized 4 times for 35 yards in the first half. Vast improvement
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Lions need to get going
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Lions defense got couple of early gifts, but are looking awful suspect now after halftime.
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis