Lions vs. RedBlacks Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

This has to be the most boring game I've ever seen and I've seen a lot.
Coast Mountain Lion
Legend

The best thing about this game is Milt Stegall's bow tie.
Qman
Champion

Milt stegall is the best analyst on TSN now, Lapo is #2. They should lead the panel now.

Rod smith is way better that Randorf. He's a football guy.
Glad they got rid of Jock. Dunigan is entertaining, but its all fluff.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

You know it's a dull game when the only electricity the whole night comes out of a lightning delay.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

So waddaya think of this PBP gig so far, Rintoul?
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Rammer
Team Captain

Qman wrote:Milt stegall is the best analyst on TSN now, Lapo is #2. They should lead the panel now.

Rod smith is way better that Randorf. He's a football guy.
Glad they got rid of Jock. Dunigan is entertaining, but its all fluff.
Funny that you didn't mention Clime, who drives me crazy as he knows next to zero about the West and even less about BC. Then he chimes in with the challenge should be called, in what league did ever see that called a PI? He is terrible, and I am glad that he was reduced to the sideline for this game, hope he matches his wet TV performance.
Entertainment value = an all time low
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

I might have missed it, did we get a shot of the Operation Orange contingent yet?
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Feel bad for the fans on Operation Orange. Boring and getting soaked.
cromartie
Hall of Famer

On offense, on 2nd and long, if you don't give Olafioye some help, the end result is a sack.

On defense, when you blitz Bighill Burris automatically looks at his hot read on the slant, and the result is a first down.

If this is obvious to me, 950 miles away, it should be obvious and adjusted for in the booth.

I'm sure people will have more cogent analysis of the coaching post game, but my patience is wearing very, very thin with both coordinators. That's not to say the execution is the sharpest, but this is painful to watch. The "this team has plenty of talent" talk is tiresome when the result is what you're seeing tonight.
cromartie
Hall of Famer

sj-roc wrote:Who benefits more from this delay?
Anyone who bet the Under.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Game on!
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

cromartie wrote:
sj-roc wrote:Who benefits more from this delay?
Anyone who bet the Under.
A lot of fans have gone home from the sounds of what Rintoul is saying. That would have to help us.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

SammyGreene wrote:Lulay, Glenn or whomever .... Lions nearly two full games without producing an offensive touchdown. And Skulsky was saying he was concerned about the level of excitement this season before the Riders visit.

Reality now starting to set in with me the Lions very well maybe on the outside looking in at the playoffs this year. This coaching staff is simply not good enough.
Coordinators in over their heads. As in Benny.

Thank the storm for that missed FG.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Both jumbo team and punt unit take the field. Serious confusion on the BC bench.
almo89
Legend

Wow wasted time out