Lions win POW.

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

To nobody's surprise Stefan Logan wins the Offensive Player of the week and Tim Brown wins the Special Teams. John Chick named Defensive Player and Rob Bagg Top Canadian

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=459755
Rammer
Team Captain

TheLionKing wrote:To nobody's surprise Stefan Logan wins the Offensive Player of the week and Tim Brown wins the Special Teams. John Chick named Defensive Player and Rob Bagg Top Canadian

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=459755
I wonder if the Lions hadn't taken two POW's already, we would be seeing Bazzie's name up for DPOW. That must have been as close a call as it gets. Congratulations for Logan and Brown...I just meet a young Sears, cousin of Bombers Johnny Sears and who is good friends with Brown, his role model, last weekend in Kansas.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Well I am going to pump my Kreskin like qualities from another thread.
I'm gonna go out on a limb. I think we take 2 of 4 POW Awards. Tim Brown take the Special Teams and Stephan Logan takes the Offensive POW. If one of those two doesn't do it, then I say Bazzie takes the Defensive POW. Maybe an outside shot at 3 POW this week.
Of course the other two went to the Riders who managed to eke out a 16-11 trouncing of the worst team in the league so how meaningful are these things.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Are the Lions the ONLY team in professional sports to have a performance like Tim Brown had and then announce he's not necessarily going to play next game? The message to players then is not the right one. You have a game like that - you get to come back and do it again. The Lions aren't that good yet.

And we've got an International punter. That for me is one of the dumbest, most stupidest positions to put a non Canadian player into.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Toppy Vann wrote: And we've got an International punter. That for me is one of the dumbest, most stupidest positions to put a non Canadian player into.
I would normally concur but the Lions really had no choice. They need to improve their punting. McCallum simply doesn't have it anymore. Schmitt has gotten the Lions out of a hole numerous times this season with his punts.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

According to LU, Bene said today there is a way to get Brown on the roster this week but he didn't say what it was and didn't give a lot of hope.
“There’s a way we can keep Timmy on the roster but I don’t know if we can do that,” said Benevides.
I would love to see Brown used as the main returner but the roster options are limited. Short of starting another national somewhere (Poblah for Jackson might be the most likely option), the Lions are locked in on their four designated internationals. Logan is the backup RB and returner and isn't going to lose his spot after the way he filled in for Harris over the past game and a half. The other three designated internationals have been Ricky Schmitt as punter/kicker, Jamall Johnson as backup linebacker and a key member of all cover teams, and dimeback Torri Williams before Josh Johnson got hurt. With Johnson out, the sixth DB will likely again be John Hardy-Tuliau, although T.J. Lee might get consideration. Which one of those backups would you sit, and what would you do if a starter at his position group got injured?

Ullrich: Brown gets respect, but roster spot in doubt
JohnHenry
Champion

I've been pushing for Tim Brown to play all season. Not only does he improve our return game, he bolsters our rushing attack. Brown frees up Logan from returning punts, (he was taking a beating on punt returns, with not much productivity), which seemed to negatively effect Logan's rushing performance. Logan looked like a new man on Sunday with his punt and kick return activity reduced. With the addition of Harris, the rushing attack should be awesome with a fresh Logan to help carry the load.

If Brown dresses as the 4th D.I, then Logan could take the oft-ignored E. Jackson roster spot (with one of Poblah, Haidara, Adeloku, Tomasiuk, P. Jackson, starting at WR). This would allow Harris and Logan to be on the field at the same time, which could be a deadly combo. With those 2 RB's do we even need receivers? We might be better off adding Rolly and twin TE's (if we had some) and pound the ball on the ground. :wink:

Another option would be to sit the under-performing K. Mitchell for J. Westerman...although I'm not sure we have the depth to start a National on the DL?
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Seems like the Lions are getting their fair share of POW's this season. It was neat seeing the Ticats/Lions game because, IIRC, both teams ended up having a POW due to their performance in that game. Certainly can see why the Lions snagged two of them anyways.....
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

I'm not sure why the Lions can't have Brown on the roster full time......the only returning import is Marsh which would be at the cost of either Lee or Hardy.

With the injuries to Josh Johnson and Jemarcus Hardrick, there should be a spot available......am I missing something?
Lloyd
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

Sir Purrcival wrote:Well I am going to pump my Kreskin like qualities from another thread.
I'm gonna go out on a limb. I think we take 2 of 4 POW Awards. Tim Brown take the Special Teams and Stephan Logan takes the Offensive POW. If one of those two doesn't do it, then I say Bazzie takes the Defensive POW. Maybe an outside shot at 3 POW this week.
Of course the other two went to the Riders who managed to eke out a 16-11 trouncing of the worst team in the league so how meaningful are these things.
All the same, well done! :beauty:
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

:yahoo:
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

Shi Zi Mi wrote:I'm not sure why the Lions can't have Brown on the roster full time......the only returning import is Marsh which would be at the cost of either Lee or Hardy.

With the injuries to Josh Johnson and Jemarcus Hardrick, there should be a spot available......am I missing something?
Figured out what the issue was.......with Harris going out, the Lions brought Player in to backup the OT position and sat Ramsey which opened the DI spot for Brown......with Harris returning, if the Lions drop Player, they would need to activate Ramsey.......fortunately, Benevides (according to LU) is leaning towards dropping the ever disappointing Poblah instead. Hopefully, this is more than a short term decision.....but I have the feeling, barring some heroics on Brown's part, once Josh Johnson returns, they'll choose Torri Williams over Brown.
Lloyd
notahomer
Hall of Famer

http://cfl.ca/article/west-take-home-pl ... eek-honour
CFL.ca Staff

TORONTO -- Joe West, Dexter McCoil, Tim Brown and Eddie Steele were named the Canadian Football League Players of the Week for Week 9 of the 2014 Canadian Football League season.
So, Tim Brown has back2back POW for special teams. Awesome week and IMO, he deserved it more this week and week 8. Deserved both but this week was mindboggling..... Hope he's made the roster :wink: