They still remember Lulay in Bozeman

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

I have just returned from a ski trip to Montana which included a visit to the Rockin R bar in Bozeman.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MexicoLionFan
Legend

I have an American friend that we visit when we go to Lake Whitefish in Montana. He is a big football fan, especially college, and "sort of" follows the CFL...he has always been a big Lulay fan...when I was in Calgary and I saw Lulay's very first pre season game, I called him afterwards to tell him how impressed I was with this "Montana" kid, and if he knew anything about him...he told me then, that Lulay would become a star in our league...and the best part about Travis, he said, was that he was a smart as he was athletic.
"Condemnation Without Investigation is the height of ignorance."

Albert Einstein
David
Team Captain

I don't think most Canadians have an appreciation or the slightest inkling just how much some of our CFL athletes are revered in their home towns and the colleges in which they excelled.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

I also met some people in Montana who remembered Dave Dickenson when he played for MSU's arch rival University of Montana in Missoula, Mt. They knew that Dickenson had had a great career in Canada that ended early due to concussions and were pleased to hear that he is doing very well as a OC in Calgary.
South Pender
Legend

DanoT wrote:I also met some people in Montana who remembered Dave Dickenson when he played for MSU's arch rival University of Montana in Missoula, Mt. They knew that Dickenson had had a great career in Canada that ended early due to concussions and were pleased to hear that he is doing very well as a OC in Calgary.
Right. You'll find that Dave Dickenson's visibility factor in Montana is much higher than Travis Lulay's. If I'm remembering this correctly, I believe DD was voted Montana's greatest native athlete at one point.
pdxlion
Rookie

South Pender wrote:
DanoT wrote:I also met some people in Montana who remembered Dave Dickenson when he played for MSU's arch rival University of Montana in Missoula, Mt. They knew that Dickenson had had a great career in Canada that ended early due to concussions and were pleased to hear that he is doing very well as a OC in Calgary.
Right. You'll find that Dave Dickenson's visibility factor in Montana is much higher than Travis Lulay's. If I'm remembering this correctly, I believe DD was voted Montana's greatest native athlete at one point.
Montanans love their native sons. DD grew up in Montana and Lulay grew up in Oregon. From a Montana perspective - big difference.