Argos 35 - Stampeders 22 Grey Cup Post Game Comments

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

R. RAY 18/30 231 2 1
J. JACKSON 1/1 1 1 0

Receiving Rec YDS TD LG
C. KACKERT 8 62 0 17
J. BARNES 3 82 0 62
D. INMAN 3 43 1 32
A. DURIE 3 31 1 13
C. OWENS 2 14 1 9

Rushing ATT YDS TD LG
C. KACKERT 20 133 0 28
A. DURIE 1 -5 0 0

Fumbles NO LST REC YDS
A. DURIE 1 0 0 0
R. FOLEY 0 0 1 0

Field Goals FG LG XP PTS
S. WATERS 2/2 30 4/4 10

Punting NO AVG NET LG
N. PREFONTAINE 7 44.6 283 53

Punt Returns NO YDS AVG LG TD
C. OWENS 4 27 6.8 14 0

Kickoffs NO YDS LG SG
S. WATERS 8 500 72 0

Kick Returns NO YDS AVG LG TD
C. OWENS 2 62 31.0 43 0
J. JOHNSON 1 0 0.0 0 0
M. BRADWELL 1 0 0.0 0 0

Defence TKL SK INT FF
R. MCCUNE 6 0 0 0
M. BALL 6 0 0 0
J. CARTER 5 0 0 0
R. FOLEY 4 1 0 0
E. MCCOLLOUGH 4 0 0 0
R. FLEMONS 2 1 0 0
P. HORNE 2 0 1 0
E. KUALE 2 0 0 0
J. YOUNGER 2 0 0 0
A. CARROLL 2 0 0 0
E. BOULAY 1 0 0 0
B. ISAAC 1 0 0 0
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

K. GLENN 14/27 222 0 1
B. MITCHELL 6/9 80 1 0

Receiving Rec YDS TD LG
N. LEWIS 6 100 0 61
M. MCDANIEL 4 53 0 29
R. BRYANT 2 31 0 17
M. PRICE 2 17 1 12
L. TAYLOR 1 42 0 42
M. WALTER 1 22 0 22
J. CORNISH 1 16 0 16
J. ARTHUR 1 13 0 13
R. COTE 1 9 0 9
B. MITCHELL 1 -1 0 0

Rushing ATT YDS TD LG
J. CORNISH 15 57 0 21
L. TAYLOR 1 4 0 4
M. WALTER 1 0 0 0
R. BRYANT 1 -8 0 0

Fumbles NO LST REC YDS
J. CORNISH 1 1 0 0

Field Goals FG LG XP PTS
R. PAREDES 4/4 30 0/0 12

Punting NO AVG NET LG
R. MAVER 6 46.5 252 57

Punt Returns NO YDS AVG LG TD
L. TAYLOR 3 29 9.7 22 0

Kickoffs NO YDS LG SG
R. PAREDES 4 194 67 0

Kick Returns NO YDS AVG LG TD
L. TAYLOR 8 208 26.0 40 0

Defence TKL SK INT FF
M. JACKSON 9 0 0 0
C. HUGHES 5 1 0 0
K. RAYMOND 4 0 0 0
E. FRASER 4 0 0 0
B. SMITH 4 0 0 0
Q. BUTLER 3 0 1 0
J. SIMPSON 3 0 0 0
C. LAW 2 0 0 0
F. BENNETT 1 0 0 0
D. BROOKS 1 0 0 0
C. MACE 1 0 0 0
K. GLENN 1 0 0 0
A. STEWART 1 0 0 0
lion24
Legend

Thought this was how the Lions would make Glenn look last week, either way I think the Argos would have been tough to beat
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Not all that great a game.

Glenn looked nervous. He got it going a bit. Nik Lewis almost got the Stamps back into it. They had to settle for a FG.

Argos kept Cornish in check.

Kackert :thup:

Ricky Ray did what he usually does. Stays calm. Finds receivers. Not a great game either, but enough to win. Milanovich pretty conservative in the second half. Understandable.

I like both Head Coaches, Hufnagel and Milanovich.

I like both QBs, Glenn and Ray.

I recall Ricky Ray lighting up the Lions all the way back to 2002 and 2003. His success is no surprise to me. His style leaves many people unimpressed. Fans, et cetera. He doesn't show emotion. But for a QB, that can be a good thing. As long as the fire is in the belly. I think we saw some of his fire in the belly vs the Eskimos in the playoff game.

Now it looks like our team, the Lions, really didn't show up against Calgary. They looked pretty ordinary today.

I mentioned how Glenn looked nervous against us also. But that early defensive breakdown by us, allowing McDaniel to romp to the end zone settled him down quite a bit. He was still only 15 of 24 against us, but they had the big plays.

Next year ..................

Have a good off season, Everybody. Stay safe. Stay healthy. God Bless.
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

A forgettable football game. Too bad the 100th Grey Cup will more likely be remembered for the half time show instead of the actual game. Speaking of half time show, in the past 100 years there have been 99 half time shows better than that turd fest!
Hutch85
All Star

Nik, I think you should have purchased a better pair of gloves...
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Belize City Lion wrote:A forgettable football game. Too bad the 100th Grey Cup will more likely be remembered for the half time show instead of the actual game. Speaking of half time show, in the past 100 years there have been 99 half time shows better than that turd fest!
I missed most of the half time show as I lost the feed and it took me until they were near to start the 2nd half to get a feed back.

TSN poll is trouncing the 1/2 time show but this story in Calg. Herald perplexes me. I don't have to like his music to respect what's he accomplished in his career. Also he is just a young kid and not a bad one from what I can see. They didn't boo Chad Turton of Nickleback and his crazy drive that got him convicted for being double the legal limit for BAC might possibly have been a better choice if you want to boo as that guy could have killed someone for the speed he was doing.

Gallery: Justin Bieber booed during Grey Cup halftime show

By Nick Patch, Calgary Herald November 25, 2012 8:02 PM
Read more: http://www.calgaryherald.com/entertainm ... z2DId7lmOx
TORONTO — Justin Bieber faced a hostile homecoming at the 100th Grey Cup on Sunday, with the jeering capacity crowd at the raucous Rogers Centre providing the teen idol with a reception as unyieldingly cold as a long Canadian winter.

The 18-year-old grew up roughly 150 kilometres down the road in Stratford, Ont., but that didn’t help his cause with the rowdy crowd on hand, who took aim at the ubiquitous pop star whenever possible.

They booed when his face popped up on the JumboTron. They booed when a host spoke his name at the onset of halftime. And they booed with extra glee as he took the stage and throughout his medley of the finger-snapping, chart-topping hit “Boyfriend” and the disco-inflected club come-on “Beauty and a Beat.”

If Bieber was bothered by the boo-birds, it didn’t show.

“It’s an honour to be here at the Grey Cup in Canada,” he said, a smile tugging at his lips despite the reaction.

“Make some noise. I said make some noise!”

Unfortunately, they crowd obliged. More boos.

Read more: http://www.calgaryherald.com/entertainm ... z2DIdHDh2k
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Ballistic Bob
Legend

Ba bye Drew. BB
Wear orange or wear nothing
Ballistic Bob
Legend

Anyone know why Belli got ejected. Thnx BB
Wear orange or wear nothing
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Ballistic Bob wrote:Anyone know why Belli got ejected. Thnx BB
Don't know for sure but it looked like an armbar similar to the one Kaliff did......
David
Team Captain

WestCoastJoe wrote:I mentioned how Glenn looked nervous against us also. But that early defensive breakdown by us, allowing McDaniel to romp to the end zone settled him down quite a bit. He was still only 15 of 24 against us, but they had the big plays.
As is often the case when a team comes off an emotional win against a favoured team the previous week, they were in for a huge emotional let down. Stamps just weren't the same team. Played with nowhere near the same intensity that the Argos did.

Interesting, and I say this only matter of factly and not as a bitter Lions fan, but TSN ran highlights of last week's West Final from a different angle and in slow mo today, and that opening touchdown should not have counted. Khreem Smith was mugged at the LOS. A Stamps O-lineman should have been called for a blatant "hands to the face." He actually had one hand on Khreem's shoulder pad, and with the other hand ripped Khreem's helmet off his head!

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Doug Flutie made some very astute comments when interviewed compared to Suitor.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

I skipped all of the pre-pre-pre game, then the pre-pre game and then the pre-game shows. I tuned in for the countdown to kickoff (around 3 PM). I have to admit I used to watch every second of the pre-game hoopla but boy am I glad I didn't today....

I kept saying to myself throughout the first half, where was this version of the Stamps last week? Is Toronto that good? Or was Calgary that bad, pretty much the same way BC was during the Western Final?

It was obvious early on that Cornish just wasn't going to get much done. And the passing game struggled regardless. Larry Taylor was by far Calgarys top performer, IMO.

Toronto seemed to have a basic but effective gameplan for all three facets of the game. I know its never over, but I called my BC season ticket neighboor at halftime and said "any league but the CFL, you may just as well hand the trophy over at halftime"....).

I think some Argo players and/or even a coach alluded that they had figured out some 'keys' or tells to the Stampeder offence. They knew whether it was going to be a pass or run before the ball was snapped. Obviously that information will get out either later today or soon. An offence will probably struggle if the defence knows what is going to happen before the ball is snapped. In fact, it is an admirable offence that can just do what it wants regardless and be successful......

Definately I feel the last two Grey Cup games have been more superbowlish. In other words, lacking the often exciting facet that our rules usually provide to a championship game. It is obviously enjoyable when your home team wins. I'm just saying, I loved the 2011 Grey Cup and getting to watch the Lions win but it was not on my top ten list of exciting Grey Cups to watch. This one, also except I didn't even get to watch the Lions win..... :cool:

But, its the end to another wonderful CFL season and here's looking to June 2013. Congrats to the 2012 Toronto Argonauts......
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

David wrote:
WestCoastJoe wrote:I mentioned how Glenn looked nervous against us also. But that early defensive breakdown by us, allowing McDaniel to romp to the end zone settled him down quite a bit. He was still only 15 of 24 against us, but they had the big plays.
Interesting, and I say this only matter of factly and not as a bitter Lions fan, but TSN ran highlights of last week's West Final from a different angle and in slow mo today, and that opening touchdown should not have counted. Khreem Smith was mugged at the LOS. A Stamps O-lineman should have been called for a blatant "hands to the face." He actually had one hand on Khreem's shoulder pad, and with the other hand ripped Khreem's helmet off his head!
That is interesting, David.

Fits in with what I wrote post game, that the Football Gods did not seem to want to spoil us with two Cups in a row. Waddayagonnado ...

And without that pressure release, Glenn might have been a basket case in the game.
David
Team Captain

WestCoastJoe wrote:That is interesting, David.

Fits in with what I wrote post game, that the Football Gods did not seem to want to spoil us with two Cups in a row. Waddayagonnado ...

And without that pressure release, Glenn might have been a basket case in the game.

Make no mistake, we likely would have lost the game anyway as we just weren't on point all afternoon. I would not have even mentioned this if it was a little iffy, but it was so incredibly B-L-A-T-A-N-T. Not sure how the refs missed this infraction. Oh well.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar