Calgary injuries

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Word out of Calgary today is that Drew Tate is still not practising but is standing on the field in sweats. TSN's Dave Naylor speculates the Stampeder offence could be in Kevin Glenn's hands on Sunday.

Also not practising: MLB Juwan Simpson and safety Eric Fraser.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

jcalhoun wrote:Just beat me to it. Apparently the word out of Calgary is Tate may have a broken bone in his arm.

If true, I don't think it's to our benefit. As a vet, I don't think Glenn will be as shaky in a big game as Tate would.

Cheers,

James
Agreed. I was hoping he would serve up some of those lame duck throws to the BC secondary. Still think it's a concussion and the arm injury is to cover the team's butt for allowing him to play the 2nd half.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

I'd rather have Tate play. About the only thing Glenn doesn't bring is mobility.

Not only is Tate injured, he seems to have some loose nuts and bolts rattling around in his head. And this is aside from any head shots he has taken. Very strange fellow.

What an awful threesome to have leading your team: Nik Lewis, Jon Cornish and Drew Tate. Gheezus ...
David
Team Captain

jcalhoun wrote:Just beat me to it. Apparently the word out of Calgary is Tate may have a broken bone in his arm.
Is anyone really buying the broken bone in his arm thing?? I'd be willing to bet he hasn't passed the concussion protocol tests and Stamp officials are trying to cover their butts for him playing the 2nd half then running his mouth about not remembering the 1st half.

This is not good news for us. Kevin Glenn is more dangerous IMO, and his pride was likely wounded for being passed over for the West Semi. He's going to come out with something to prove.
WestCoastJoe wrote:What an awful threesome to have leading your team: Nik Lewis, Jon Cornish and Drew Tate. Gheezus ...
Good point. 3 clowns are the faces of that franchise. And to think we have Geroy, Andrew, and Travis. We're extremely fortunate. :thup:

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
MikeAK
All Star

I agree with you Gents about Tate. I favor him over Glenn. Glenn has had a solid year and his veteran presence could be very calming for the Stamps... but I am also not as high on Tate as the rest of the league seems to be so that might be why I would prefer seeing him over Glenn. I still think we win either way.
bc49
Hall of Famer

Reports out of Calgary that Tate is out, Glenn is in.
274always
All Star

Grey Cup 103. Graduation day.
David
Team Captain

bc49 wrote:Reports out of Calgary that Tate is out, Glenn is in.
Yup. It's now official:
CFL Official Feed ‏@CFL
BREAKING: Drew Tate will not play in the Western Final #CFL

Roar, You Lions, Roar
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Well Calgary obviously believes in Tate. They chose him over Glenn. So this can't help them.

As noted above though, with Nik Lewis and Jon Cornish (and Tate when he is there) leading the parade, Calgary is just a weird team.

As David noted, I would be suspicious that Tate has failed some concussion protocols. Just a very strange team. And dangerous.

I agree with Mike Beamish that their receivers can be rated higher than ours. More speed. More productivity this year. Although we have talent and depth, our results have not been at the top of the league this year. I like our guys, but Calgary's receivers are somewhat scary.
MikeAK
All Star

Looks like Tate is out for the rest of the season. Prepare for Glenn.
cromartie
Hall of Famer

David wrote: This is not good news for us. Kevin Glenn is more dangerous IMO, and his pride was likely wounded for being passed over for the West Semi. He's going to come out with something to prove.

I'd refer you back to the last time they played at BC Place. The advantage of playing Glenn is that you can structure your defence around his inability to consistently hit the deep ball. This frees up a guy to limit his running. He's a bit easier to game plan for than Tate, actually.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Rich Stubler will have the defence ready for whoever plays
274always
All Star

Grey Cup 103. Graduation day.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Kevin Glenn is still a dangerous QB but is not a threat to run that Tate is.