clinch 1st place

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

joewillie63
Rookie

I believe we can clinch 1st place when we beat the eskimos friday. Not that there was any doubt.
MexicoLionFan
Legend

Thanks...there is no way the Lions would allow a team to beat them at home twice in one season...
"Condemnation Without Investigation is the height of ignorance."

Albert Einstein
South Pender
Legend

joewillie63 wrote:I believe we can clinch 1st place when we beat the eskimos friday. Not that there was any doubt.
That's right. One more win in the last three games clinches first for the Leos. Or...one loss by Calgary and Saskatchewan in their last three.
MikeAK
All Star

Just ordered my Playoff tickets so lets hope they are for a Nov 18th game! We've had some frustrations this year but when stepping back and looking at what most of the other teams and their fans have gone through I think we've been spoiled again this season.
almo89
Legend

I just ordered mines too. Even if we beat Edmonton, do we still need help from around the league to clinch 1st?
SammyGreene
Team Captain

almo89 wrote:I just ordered mines too. Even if we beat Edmonton, do we still need help from around the league to clinch 1st?
Nope. Lions magic number is one. Beat Edmonton and 1st place is locked up.
MikeAK
All Star

almo89 wrote:I just ordered mines too. Even if we beat Edmonton, do we still need help from around the league to clinch 1st?
What seats did you score? ... I got sec 414 row B. I was thinking about waiting a few weeks to see if any season ticket holders passed but with hockey on lockout I have a feeling the game with be the hottest ticket in town and should hopefully sell out or close to it. I figured I getter scoop those up while I had the chance.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

No. Calgary could tie B.C. but the Lions own the tiebreaker. Saskatchewan couldn't catch the Lions, even if they win out and take the tiebreaker.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

MikeAK wrote:
What seats did you score? ... I got sec 414 row B. I was thinking about waiting a few weeks to see if any season ticket holders passed but with hockey on lockout I have a feeling the game with be the hottest ticket in town and should hopefully sell out or close to it. I figured I getter scoop those up while I had the chance.
Smart move buying now MikeAK. Playoff tickets were part of the entire season ticket cost this year so every ST seat is already sold.
almo89
Legend

MikeAK wrote:
I got 409 and it's the first row (A) with 5 seats locked up. I don't remember the exact seat numbers because I called the Lions front office to order instead of ticket master. You are right about ordering now. I was thinking of waiting too, but the good seats will be a tougher find a few weeks from now. Might as well jump on it now.
MikeAK
All Star

SammyGreene wrote:
MikeAK wrote:
Smart move buying now MikeAK. Playoff tickets were part of the entire season ticket cost this year so every ST seat is already sold.
holy smokes am I ever glad I did. The only reason I thought about waiting for something to pop up later on is because my Fiance has never been behind the benches and asked if we could try and get something there for the playoff game. I think I'll play that game during a regular season game next year.. ahaha
MikeAK
All Star

almo89 wrote:
MikeAK wrote:
I got 409 and it's the first row (A) with 5 seats locked up. I don't remember the exact seat numbers because I called the Lions front office to order instead of ticket master. You are right about ordering now. I was thinking of waiting too, but the good seats will be a tougher find a few weeks from now. Might as well jump on it now.
Great seats! Row A is always nice because you basically get a table for all your crap. I wanted to be as close to center as I could get so row A wasn't an option. I'm already excited!
almo89
Legend

That's good to know MikeAK! This will be the 3rd time I have sat up in the upper bowl ever. First time I think I was there in the endzone for the 1999 West Final against Calgary. I don't even remember for sure if the upper deck was opened for that game because it wasn't a huge crowd, but I vaguely remember being up there. Second time was the home opener this season against Winnipeg because I decided to see what the 7-11 tickets had to offer. These will be the best seats I have ever ordered for the upper bowl. Can't wait! Let the hype build up now
South Pender
Legend

Yeah, but what if we don't sew up a home playoff game? :shock: Just kidding (I think)....
almo89
Legend

South Pender wrote:Yeah, but what if we don't sew up a home playoff game? :shock: Just kidding (I think)....
The good thing is that our magic number is 1 which means we won't have to do any crazy "Rider Math" ;)