Game Day Thread, Eskimos @ Lions, July 20, 2012

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

The_Pauser
Legend

Couple things: disgusted by our play calling. We do have more receivers than Nick Moore and Marco Ianuzzi.

Nick Moore is terrible. Remind me of Dropsem Collins.

Andrew Harris is a beast.

It's gotta be Hugh O'Neal time. McCallum has been brutal punting and if we can attempt a 44 yarder in a closed roof building why bother keep him?
Roar you Lions roar!
Rodu
Champion

There comes a time in a players career where their body starts to go on them. We hung on to Pasaglia a year to many, lost McCallum to Sask.
swervynmerv
Legend

Rodu wrote:
swervynmerv wrote:Does anyone know if Lulay was a slow starter in college. He just seems off to start the last couple of seasons.
He was so off last year he was MVP

Moore still has the droppsies
I know he was MVP, the question was whether he was a traditional slow starter to the season?
cromartie
Hall of Famer

jcalhoun wrote:Hey all,

Khalif Mitchell just deliberately hyper-extended the elbow of Simeon Rottier (sp?) --an Eskimos' lineman. I wouldn't count on him playing for a couple of weeks --from the replay, that's gotta be a suspension.

Cheers,

James
Concur. That was pretty brutal.
Rodu
Champion

Khalif Mitchell just deliberately hyper-extended the elbow of Simeon Rottier (sp?) --an Eskimos' lineman. I wouldn't count on him playing for a couple of weeks --from the replay, that's gotta be a suspension.

Cheers,

James
how often do you see suspensions in the CFL?
swervynmerv
Legend

The_Pauser wrote:Couple things: disgusted by our play calling. We do have more receivers than Nick Moore and Marco Ianuzzi.

Nick Moore is terrible. Remind me of Dropsem Collins.

Andrew Harris is a beast.

It's gotta be Hugh O'Neal time. McCallum has been brutal punting and if we can attempt a 44 yarder in a closed roof building why bother keep him?
Agree x4!!!!
cat_daddy
Rookie

Yep, dirty play....he's got to sit a game or two.

Can he expect a fine as well?
Last edited by cat_daddy on Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MikeAK
All Star

I'm loving Harris more and more every game. I think this kid is the real deal and a franchise type player. We have a real gem with this kid. So strong on his feet. Lulay needs to get into it. Enough is enough already... My beer taste good.. haha
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Am I the only one noticing how much better this offense is in one and two TE sets? We use more of them and the passing game is better for it. Or, rather, it would be if our receivers would catch the ball.
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

strange half of football... a highlight reel from Harris, but bugger all from any other receiver not wearing 33. Will Chap start to diversify the play calling, or will the Schmoes find the answer for Harris? Terrible field position from the get go, even though the Lions have put together decent drives. Loving the intensity of the hits delivered by our D secondary, but K Mitchell should be gone for a few weeks.

And when all is said and done, it's a 1 point game. Should be a very interesting second half.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Rodu wrote:

Cheers,

James
how often do you see suspensions in the CFL?
rules in the agreement with the players don't allow suspensions like in hockey
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Belize City Lion wrote:strange half of football... a highlight reel from Harris, but bugger all from any other receiver not wearing 33. Will Chap start to diversify the play calling, or will the Schmoes find the answer for Harris? Terrible field position from the get go, even though the Lions have put together decent drives. Loving the intensity of the hits delivered by our D secondary, but K Mitchell should be gone for a few weeks.

And when all is said and done, it's a 1 point game. Should be a very interesting second half.
Chap's not the problem. Three significant drive killing drops. Geroy misses a block on a designed QB run that kills another drive. Lulay's desperation heave results in an interception. Mental mistakes on offense, along with two penalties by JR LaRose on Special Teams, an outstanding effort by the defense is what is keeping the Lions in this game, frankly.
Disturber
Champion

Will Mitchell get a fine/suspension from the league for that arm twist?
Go Lions!