Locker Room Sale 2011

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

The_Pauser
Legend

Just got back from the locker room sale today. Got there at around 9am and was worried seeing so many people inside picking up helmets and game worn jerseys...didn't think I'd get much. When I got in I couldn't find any big name players. Picked up some jogging shirts and a cap, and when I got to teh cashier I noticed behind her they started putting up the jerseys of the big name players. Simon, Bruce, Harris, Williams, etc. I asked if they're for sale and she said yes, so I had her look for a Lulay jersey. Luckily enough I was able to snag it. $700 though, but definitely worth it. Even luckier was the fact that Lulay was there doing an autograph signing so I got the jersey signed. Anyone have any recommendations on where I can get this framed? Absolutely thrilled to be able to get this!

There's still some great deals out there for those wanting to pick up some shirts and other things that make great Christmas gifts.
Roar you Lions roar!
jmc24
Rookie

Nice!!! Orange or white?
The_Pauser
Legend

jmc24 wrote:Nice!!! Orange or white?
Orange :yahoo:
Roar you Lions roar!
Ballistic Bob
Legend

The_Pauser wrote:Just got back from the locker room sale today. Got there at around 9am and was worried seeing so many people inside picking up helmets and game worn jerseys...didn't think I'd get much. When I got in I couldn't find any big name players. Picked up some jogging shirts and a cap, and when I got to teh cashier I noticed behind her they started putting up the jerseys of the big name players. Simon, Bruce, Harris, Williams, etc. I asked if they're for sale and she said yes, so I had her look for a Lulay jersey. Luckily enough I was able to snag it. $700 though, but definitely worth it. Even luckier was the fact that Lulay was there doing an autograph signing so I got the jersey signed. Anyone have any recommendations on where I can get this framed? Absolutely thrilled to be able to get this!

There's still some great deals out there for those wanting to pick up some shirts and other things that make great Christmas gifts.
Try Michaels craft and hobby store. They have shadow boxes just for jerseys that are quite reasonable compared to a framing shop. BB
Wear orange or wear nothing
The_Pauser
Legend

Ballistic Bob wrote:
The_Pauser wrote:Just got back from the locker room sale today. Got there at around 9am and was worried seeing so many people inside picking up helmets and game worn jerseys...didn't think I'd get much. When I got in I couldn't find any big name players. Picked up some jogging shirts and a cap, and when I got to teh cashier I noticed behind her they started putting up the jerseys of the big name players. Simon, Bruce, Harris, Williams, etc. I asked if they're for sale and she said yes, so I had her look for a Lulay jersey. Luckily enough I was able to snag it. $700 though, but definitely worth it. Even luckier was the fact that Lulay was there doing an autograph signing so I got the jersey signed. Anyone have any recommendations on where I can get this framed? Absolutely thrilled to be able to get this!

Try Michaels craft and hobby store. They have shadow boxes just for jerseys that are quite reasonable compared to a framing shop. BB
Thanks. You'd be amazed at how hard it is to find a shadow box at Michaels. The one out here in Surrey was sold out, but luckily Langley had one left. Looks amazing in it. I'll try to post a picture in a little bit.
Roar you Lions roar!
David
Team Captain

Happy for you Pauser, but one has to question the wisdom of standing in line for 90 minutes if all of the big names are going to come out later. I can understand adding one or two, but I was about 15th in line and unless all 15 went to the rack right away (doubtful), it was slim pickings as far as marquee names.

I was there about an hour and a half and did not see more jerseys come out. They usually do a silent auction, but didn't this year.

I only ended up picking up the player' sweatshirt (grey) and media guide. Total spend = $30.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Bosco
Team Captain

David wrote: I was there about an hour and a half and did not see more jerseys come out. They usually do a silent auction, but didn't this year.
:

They did add more game worn jerseys to the rack just after you left, Dave - that's probably how Pauser was able to snag the Lulay.
Rammer
Team Captain

David wrote:Happy for you Pauser, but one has to question the wisdom of standing in line for 90 minutes if all of the big names are going to come out later. I can understand adding one or two, but I was about 15th in line and unless all 15 went to the rack right away (doubtful), it was slim pickings as far as marquee names.

I was there about an hour and a half and did not see more jerseys come out. They usually do a silent auction, but didn't this year.

I only ended up picking up the player' sweatshirt (grey) and media guide. Total spend = $30.

Lions know better than to offer up the marquee player jersey's when you are there David. :tease: :beer:
Entertainment value = an all time low
David
Team Captain

Rammer wrote:
David wrote:Happy for you Pauser, but one has to question the wisdom of standing in line for 90 minutes if all of the big names are going to come out later. I can understand adding one or two, but I was about 15th in line and unless all 15 went to the rack right away (doubtful), it was slim pickings as far as marquee names.

Lions know better than to offer up the marquee player jersey's when you are there David. :tease: :beer:
LOL, you're right Rammer. I have a sterling track record for disappearing acts, don't I? They probably saw me coming and hid them!

BTW, if someone wants to make me an offer on a game worn orange Jamall Lee in mint condition, I am all ears. :rotf:

Roar, You Lions, Roar
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Hope you can find another gem or two in the next 'LAST' locker-room sale of season on December 20! Apparently they still have game worn jersiers for sale :dizzy: You almost got to wonder if being let in early is an adavantage anymore.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I think the last locker-room sale is just an attempt to get rid of the stock that wasn't sold earlier.
Spud387
Champion

TheLionKing wrote:I think the last locker-room sale is just an attempt to get rid of the stock that wasn't sold earlier.
Bingo!
You might find some things at an additional discount. Also, I bet they are hoping to cash in on one final pre-christmas rush + try to attract a different group as I can imagine not too many fraser valley ppl traveling downtown (although I did)
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Spud387 wrote:
TheLionKing wrote:I think the last locker-room sale is just an attempt to get rid of the stock that wasn't sold earlier.
Bingo!
You might find some things at an additional discount. Also, I bet they are hoping to cash in on one final pre-christmas rush + try to attract a different group as I can imagine not too many fraser valley ppl traveling downtown (although I did)
For the initial sale at BC Place I wasn't really interested but popped in with about 30 minutes left as I was on my way to the high school football finals. They had a ton of jerseys remaining home and away. Helmets too.

I just saw Keron Williams and Anton McKenzie home jerseys at $500 each. Are they too pricey now? Perhaps as two higher profile players like that have been snapped up in the past.

Clearly enough stock left for this "Last Chance" sale but also probably the club trying to take extra advantage of the hockey lockout too. Will be interesting to see if this is exclusively for season ticket holders with further discount pricing or open to the publiv as well.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

SammyGreene wrote:
Spud387 wrote:
Bingo!
For the initial sale at BC Place I wasn't really interested but popped in with about 30 minutes left as I was on my way to the high school football finals. They had a ton of jerseys remaining home and away. Helmets too.

I just saw Keron Williams and Anton McKenzie home jerseys at $500 each. Are they too pricey now? Perhaps as two higher profile players like that have been snapped up in the past.

Clearly enough stock left for this "Last Chance" sale but also probably the club trying to take extra advantage of the hockey lockout too. Will be interesting to see if this is exclusively for season ticket holders with further discount pricing or open to the publiv as well.
Just another symptom of a well-worn topic on here: Lions have been pricing themselves out of the market.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
jmc24
Rookie

notahomer wrote:

Hope you can find another gem or two in the next 'LAST' locker-room sale of season on December 20! Apparently they still have game worn jersiers for sale :dizzy: You almost got to wonder if being let in early is an adavantage anymore.
Where did you hear about this "last" sale?? radio?