Emotional Khalif Mitchell video, the Lions are his family

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Wow.

Just wow. The emotions run deep. Beautiful stuff. :thup:

http://cfl.ca/video/index/id/22591
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Khalif ...
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Love the big guy. Sure hope he is back in orange next season but I wish him nothing but the best. He has certainly earned it!!
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

That's just awesome. Love ya Khalif! I admit that I actually got a bit teary eyed soaking in everything too. I didn't realize it would hit me that hard as a fan, I hope Khalif is a Lion for a long long time. Gotta love having guys play for you knowing it means that much.
Anglophone
All Star

The man comes up with big plays when we need them. I hope that he's here to stay for a long while!
geroy_simon_081
Starter

I remember when he took a dumb penalty against the bummers last year in Winnipeg, I was so pissed at him. That was his first game with the Lions I believe. How times have changed. This guys was the single most dominant player in the CFL. Unstoppable and I think he may have played himself off the BC Lions and to an NFL cmap/
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Mitchell is an absolute stud on the defensive line. During the warmups, while other players were stretching Mitchell was dancing to the music. He even were making dancing moves on the line of scrimmage.
MexicoLionFan
Legend

Khalif Mitchell was a huge part of this championship family, and it is my hope that he will resign here and play out his career as a BC Lion...if he takes the bigger money down south, then we will all understand, but still miss him a ton...the nice thing is, the other 2 DTs on the team are Aaron Hunt and Eric Taylor...both all star quality players...

A huge thanks to all of the Lions today, who beat a very tough Winnipeg team because they refused to quite.
"Condemnation Without Investigation is the height of ignorance."

Albert Einstein
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

WestCoastJoe wrote:Khalif ...

So inspirational…

You cannot help but being touched by his honesty!

This guy was as much a missing piece of the puzzle, as was Arlan Bruce on offence.

He was a major reason why our defense won this championship for us.
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
Dieter
Rookie

My team didn't win but thats awesome. Happy to see someone win when it and everything about "it" means so much to them. Khalif gets "it". Congrats1
Rammer
Team Captain

Dieter wrote:My team didn't win but thats awesome. Happy to see someone win when it and everything about "it" means so much to them. Khalif gets "it". Congrats1
If he sticks around, I am getting a jersey with his nameplate. Just an honour that he carries that emotion "pride" as a Lion player.
Entertainment value = an all time low
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:
Dieter wrote:My team didn't win but thats awesome. Happy to see someone win when it and everything about "it" means so much to them. Khalif gets "it". Congrats1
If he sticks around, I am getting a jersey with his nameplate. Just an honour that he carries that emotion "pride" as a Lion player.
Love it Phil...

When Rammer talks I listen, and I learn! :i:
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
Hutch85
All Star

The more I read or hear about Khalif, the more impressed I am with him - he seems like an honest, straightforward, and interesting fellow. Wish I could shake his hand and say congrats in person, but for now I'll just say "Congratulations Khalif, you deserved the win and we're genuinely happy for you!". :beer:
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I watched Mitchell stop and sign autographs for fans as he walked into the stadium before the game. He is always gracious, humble and appreciative of the fans. He's like a big pussycat until the whistle blows. Then he becomes a ferocious beast. After the final whistle, he becomes a pussycat again. I can't recall another big man who was able to turn his aggression on and off so easily.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

I do hope this video clip is available for all time. It is not on YouTube yet.

Somehow it is so inspiring. Just the way the man is.

Open, honest, humble and appreciative.

Wow. Seize the moment. Live in the moment. Appreciate. Never give up. Brotherhood.

As a teacher I had a Reach for the Top team. I used to show them some video clips as inspiration. I showed them Glenn Gould, the legendary Canadian pianist. I even showed them Secretariat winning the Belmont Stakes by 31 lengths. I would show them this clip for sure. Pure inspiration.